PDA

View Full Version : FD1/2 Revision Confirmation

ksyu223
28-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi guys,

I can't bring myself to believe this, but my friends saw an advertisement on the Chinese newspapers (last week) announcing new revisions to the civic fd range (including vti). This includes reverse camera in-dash lcd, led rear tail-lights.

Is this correct or am I the fool for believing my friends??? :(

EDIT: and also key-less start, where it can sense the keys from your pockets

triode12
28-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I hope not! Picking up my new Sport in a couple of weeks!
They just put VSA into the Sport - I can't imagine they would not have put in these upgrades at the same time. Mine is an 08 model.

But then shit has been known to happen.

ahmondjai
28-03-2008, 01:27 PM
claim down 1st, doesn't these things usually happened a WHILE later after they release info in a press or something, plus China's and Australia's model are different??

ksyu223
28-03-2008, 02:08 PM
claim down 1st, doesn't these things usually happened a WHILE later after they release info in a press or something, plus China's and Australia's model are different??

I don't believe it myself as there's no sign of updates from online sources. I'm going to look at the papers when I get home.

P.S. It's from a Sydney/Chinese newspaper, not newspaper from China

Sexythang
28-03-2008, 02:15 PM
didnt we hear that the civic is due for a revision this year. esp now that they have lowered the price for the civic vti as well. and perhaps vtil. but i wouldnt imagine it the same time as the accord euro debut sometime mid year. perhaps in between the euro debut and the jazz debut early 2009.

hope these updates arent that good. just bought mine as well. though i can do without the in dash reverse lcd (the little lcd near the rear view mirror works optimally). led tail lights and keyless start. and maybe vsa as well.

these updates are perhaps more in line with the mitsu lancer's features. good for honda but not so good for just new buyers.

ahmondjai
28-03-2008, 03:09 PM
yeah, ksyu223, check the newspaper, if it is, we Brisian should have seen that also~~

ej20i
28-03-2008, 03:59 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

please tell it aint tru...
i just got mine 2 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!

Frost_FD
28-03-2008, 04:11 PM
They Lowered the price???

Not here in perth they bumped it up

VTI by 1 grand
VTi-L by 1 grand
Sports 500 bucks

Sexythang
28-03-2008, 05:40 PM
funny. i was reading the newspaper in perth. civic vti use to be from 22790 or 23XXX. now its only 21790. and they are stressing the price reduction at least in the ads

Frost_FD
28-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Well i bought my car when it first came out and vti-L were 23990 and vti were 20990 for manual

Stig
28-03-2008, 07:49 PM
oh my god.... thats gay for all those 06-08 civic owners... like... we are all lazy to put pull our keys from our pockets to start the engine... think of all that extra energy we are using just to do that... think honda should upgrade all the 06-08 civics the auto key feature for free... :D
lcd screen in dash would be unfair to all those who brought a double din!... dmx might be out of business!! haha

dmx
28-03-2008, 08:25 PM
oh my god.... thats gay for all those 06-08 civic owners... like... we are all lazy to put pull our keys from our pockets to start the engine... think of all that extra energy we are using just to do that... think honda should upgrade all the 06-08 civics the auto key feature for free... :D
lcd screen in dash would be unfair to all those who brought a double din!... dmx might be out of business!! haha

i will declare "bangkrupt" soon !!!:cool:
auto key (smart key) would impossible. new accord still not come with that

dmx
28-03-2008, 08:28 PM
funny. i was reading the newspaper in perth. civic vti use to be from 22790 or 23XXX. now its only 21790. and they are stressing the price reduction at least in the ads
Hi sexy...:D
21790 may be 07 plate or demo:confused:

FallenAngel
28-03-2008, 10:03 PM
There are already a few revisions already and changes from the 06 - 08 model civics.

Eg. 08 model vti-l has the new 7 spoke 16" rims whilst the 06 has the dodgy 5 spoke 15" rims...

Sexythang
28-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi sexy...:D
21790 may be 07 plate or demo:confused:

i doubt its a demo but it could be 07 plates.
anyway will need to wait until they announce the changes.

btw im glad we didnt get the 15inch 5 spoke wheels on the vtil for 07/08. the 16inches look alot better and easier to clean.

kelvin00010001
28-03-2008, 11:11 PM
not believe.... by the way, 2008 model is already released, honda won't release a new one in same year, even if it is true, would be 2009 earliest

JaCe
29-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Am I the only one who still thinks foreign market has different gear? Sure sounds that way.

FallenAngel
29-03-2008, 07:53 AM
I do also.. and i was referring to AUDM models...

triode12
29-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Am I the only one who still thinks foreign market has different gear? Sure sounds that way.

What do you mean by different gear?

I checked out the NZ honda site and they can get integrated Sat Nav units fitted...but for $5990 though. But they get less choice of genuine accessories.

I remember back in the early ninties, the Civics sold in NZ had cooler looking seat headrests. They were the same as the ones in Civics for the Japanese market. While the civics sold here had really ordinary looking ones.

JaCe
29-03-2008, 08:33 AM
What do you mean by different gear?

I checked out the NZ honda site and they can get integrated Sat Nav units fitted...but for $5990 though. But they get less choice of genuine accessories.

I remember back in the early ninties, the Civics sold in NZ had cooler looking seat headrests. They were the same as the ones in Civics for the Japanese market. While the civics sold here had really ordinary looking ones.

I don't mean the NZDM because AFAIK, Aussie and NZ have very similar market conditions. I'm referring more to the comparison with a country like Singapore or Malaysia which has higher import tarifs and/or road taxes and thus the car companies are forced to improve the spec/trim levels of the cars to keep them both competitive and so that customers don't feel like they're getting ripped off. It's not uncommon for example to have a standard-fare Corolla with factory leather in some countries.

triode12
29-03-2008, 08:40 AM
I don't mean the NZDM because AFAIK, Aussie and NZ have very similar market conditions. I'm referring more to the comparison with a country like Singapore or Malaysia which has higher import tarifs and/or road taxes and thus the car companies are forced to improve the spec/trim levels of the cars to keep them both competitive and so that customers don't feel like they're getting ripped off. It's not uncommon for example to have a standard-fare Corolla with factory leather in some countries.

Aah I see.

You are getting ripped off with any car you buy in Sg even and esp with the Chery QQ.

JaCe
29-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Aah I see.

You are getting ripped off with any car you buy in Sg even and esp with the Chery QQ.

Isn't that a Chinacar? lol

I don't think ti's fair to say you're getting ripped off because the market is different. Comparitive/similar substitutable products are also equally exp due to cost of owning car in Singpaore (i.e. road taxes, etc..)

ksyu223
29-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey guys,

Just bought the weekend Chinese newspaper, and searched through all the ads. There was NOTHING on the revisions just the usual clearance ads (thank goodness!!!!)

Well of course I confronted my friend on the phone and he swore it was on last weeks 'Sing Tao' newspaper (weekend editon).

At least I feel alot better now as I only bought my Vti in Jan!

keric_02
29-03-2008, 07:54 PM
i very much doubt honda would do that. even in their higher priced cars, they dont offer that option as standard.

JaCe
31-03-2008, 09:11 AM
i very much doubt honda would do that. even in their higher priced cars, they dont offer that option as standard.

doubt it'll happen in australia but overseas markets have smaller profit margins and the need to be competitive.

dmx
31-03-2008, 04:34 PM
doubt it'll happen in australia but overseas markets have smaller profit margins and the need to be competitive.

other point is : overseas market FD = (low) luxury car. ok, if u don't like "luxury" term, just say, good medium class car.
Oz market FD = cheap car.

Sexythang
03-04-2008, 04:22 AM
other point is : overseas market FD = (low) luxury car. ok, if u don't like "luxury" term, just say, good medium class car.
Oz market FD = cheap car.

i think the malaysian spec'ed camry/aurions look pretty good inside. though as mentioned they need to make it more upclass as your paying M3 type money (140k-160k) for an underpowered camry (currency not converted as wages of the aust and malaysia is on par).

while the aust aurion looks dull and drabby interior wise at least its blessed with the 3.5 litre V6 engine as standard as compared to the malaysian one with some 2.0 litre pr 2.4 4 cylinder engine.

not much difference for the aust civic and malaysian civic though.

dmx
04-04-2008, 04:14 PM
i think the malaysian spec'ed camry/aurions look pretty good inside. though as mentioned they need to make it more upclass as your paying M3 type money (140k-160k) for an underpowered camry (currency not converted as wages of the aust and malaysia is on par).

while the aust aurion looks dull and drabby interior wise at least its blessed with the 3.5 litre V6 engine as standard as compared to the malaysian one with some 2.0 litre pr 2.4 4 cylinder engine.

not much difference for the aust civic and malaysian civic though.
yeah, typical ausie market, like big muscle engine :D
can;t imagine if holden HSV or senator available in Malaysia:D

ej20i
04-04-2008, 07:28 PM
lolz....in malaysia...HSV will have a 2.4l engine ... straight six..hahha

Sexythang
07-04-2008, 03:23 AM
lolz....in malaysia...HSV will have a 2.4l engine ... straight six..hahha

no...it will be 2.4 litre 4 cylinder
hehe

UNLS1
07-04-2008, 11:22 AM
lol wats all this rubbish about upgrades to the FD civic lol

all i know is as of june the civic is available in RED and sat mist is gone!

dmx
07-04-2008, 04:01 PM
lol wats all this rubbish about upgrades to the FD civic lol

all i know is as of june the civic is available in RED and sat mist is gone!

Milano red mate ?:thumbsup:

UNLS1
07-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Milano red mate ?:thumbsup:

sorry mate its not actually. they are similar but are 2 different colours.

is is milano
the other is the ralley red.

both look the same only a tiny bit different

FallenAngel
07-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Buy the new red civic and get a RR kit.

Heaven...