PDA

View Full Version : Bottom of FN2R back screen is plastic?

Thachng
28-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I am getting my FN2R tinted today and he said he couldn't do the bottom half of the back because its plastic.

hmmm sometimes I think I paid 40k for this car and and what do I get? a lot of cheap plastics :)

Nighthawk
28-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Yep you're correct it's plastic not glass so it can't be tinted (my tint guys couldn't do it either). But you don't hardly notice that it's not tinted because it's at a low level and looks straight into the rear shelf anyway.

Believe me nothing on the car seems like cheap plastic. Sure they've used plastic in lots of places (as do most car makers) but I've found the build quality on the FN2R to be excellent (as with most Hondas!).

hengz
28-03-2008, 01:36 PM
yeh all fn2rs bottom part is perspect i believe. i've got 5% tint on the rear though so at night that little plastic part does wonders. looks tacky though having a full dark back window and then to have a little clear plastic part

Frost_FD
28-03-2008, 05:15 PM
One of the reason why i didnt like the fn2 was it was made of poor quality plastic. When i first hopped in the car for a test drive i opens the glove box right next to your seat belt the lid was waving from side to side i was like to the dealer they spent all the money on the exterior but budgeted for the interior.

Second thing i notice was the car was too heavy as a accelerated at full throtle into the entry of the freeway going down hill, I noticed it wasnt as quick as i thought it to be.

My conclusion was i said ill take it for 40 k with all the spoilers and extra because i didnt really liked the car. No deal... hahaha

bodaas
30-03-2008, 07:09 PM
One of the reason why i didnt like the fn2 was it was made of poor quality plastic. When i first hopped in the car for a test drive i opens the glove box right next to your seat belt the lid was waving from side to side i was like to the dealer they spent all the money on the exterior but budgeted for the interior.

Second thing i notice was the car was too heavy as a accelerated at full throtle into the entry of the freeway going down hill, I noticed it wasnt as quick as i thought it to be.

My conclusion was i said ill take it for 40 k with all the spoilers and extra because i didnt really liked the car. No deal... hahaha

hmm, not really. In fact the quality of the plastic is good. The lid doesnt wave side to side, maybe you sat in the wrong car. You can ask other fn2r owner, sure they arent that perfect car but the build quality is on par with other honda build.
Performance wise its ok but if you starting to compare with fd2r then yeah its different story.
To be honest i dont really understand when you say "the car feel to heavy when accelerate at full throtle into ...." sound to hmm i dunno too technical but i am sure a lot ppl here doesnt understand what are you saying. Yes it is a heavy car, but compare to what since your daily driver fd sport is a heavy car too with that leather,sunroof and that other things.
Sorry not starting to flame, but as a car enthu try not to be that biassed. You dont really have to start your opinion on how you didnt like fn2r in the first place.

blk_shadow
30-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I am getting my FN2R tinted today and he said he couldn't do the bottom half of the back because its plastic.

make up a matt black sticker to cover that part. looks clean

LD_Mart
31-03-2008, 02:20 PM

Ive found that the quailty of the FN2R is actually alot better then my FD2... Everything seems to be fitted more firm and just alot more care has gone into how it looks. The plastic feels alot more nicer also compared the FD2...

haha why r u talking about performance in this thread but if u wanna say the FN is slow pretty sure the FD is slower...and alot slower of the mark...

Frost_FD
31-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Sorry i was comparing the Fn2 to the integra Type S......

When i test drove the Type S i was very impressed, this was before i bought my FD1.

Since waiting for the FN2 i was eager to take it for a test drive, i did not hear anything bad about the car besides the looks which i thought was ok.

Hence after test driving it i wasnt all to impress with the performance... i would have still bought the car if the plastic wasnt up to standard if the car was fast enough.

dmx
31-03-2008, 04:26 PM
lets the war beginssssssssssssss

Nighthawk
01-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Nah no need for a war, afterall the OP was about the rear window!

As Frost has shown, at the end of the day your test drive helps determine if you like the car enough to buy it. Personally when I first test drove the FN2R I was blown away. I was not just looking for speed but the steering, gearchange, brakes and handling were all exceptional. Enough to make me go back for a second test drive and ultimately sign a deal!

btw if the small section in the rear window was glass, the car would weigh slightly more!

warwick108
03-04-2008, 07:25 PM
some people have changed there s2000 rear windscreen to a glass one.. why dont you change the back of the fn2r to a glass one aswell? so then u can tint it? if your that desprete to tint.. =)

sitta
03-04-2008, 08:38 PM
if you see the curve on it its impossible to make a glass one... it goes in the corner under the spoiler as well

moons
03-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Easily the dumbest part of the whole car - but who cares. :)

sitta
03-04-2008, 09:07 PM
The dumbest part is the hole on the roof for the rain sensor to go down. It looks like a kinder garden kid did the cut....

moons
03-04-2008, 09:23 PM
The dumbest part is the hole on the roof for the rain sensor to go down. It looks like a kinder garden kid did the cut....

I was under the impression the rain sensor was on the windshield? :o

sitta
04-04-2008, 06:52 PM
its behind the rear view mirror inside the car

moons
04-04-2008, 07:13 PM
its behind the rear view mirror inside the car

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I took my car in for the 1000k service and informed them my car has that damned third gear issue. Only happens during lazy changes, but it is there.

Also, I read a post on a UK forum about rust on the top corner under the door rubber. I suggest you all check yours - just lift the rubber up a little and take a look - mine showed some early signs of rust - service guy looked pretty concerned actually.

Seems pretty widespread with the FN2.