PDA

View Full Version : NZ FD2 Qs

NZFD2
28-03-2008, 01:02 PM
hey guys..I'm from across the ditch..just got myself an 07 FD2 and wondering if you guys can help answer a few queries..

1. The car comes with HID for low beam and halogen for high beam. I saw some people in the forum installed eagle/angel eyes on their FD1s with no default HID and needed to add some things themselves to get the projector going. How about in my case where there's already an OEM HID installed? can I do a basic plug and play?

2. I'm finding the headrest on the driver and front passenger seat really hard on the back of the head, it's like banging your head to a thick textbook/manual. just wondering if the FD1s with the velour trim instead of the leather have a softer headrest? I just have to harden up i suppose, but it's quite an odd thing to experience when the other seat parts are quite comfy.

thx

NightRyder
02-04-2008, 05:48 PM
bro,

1. Why would you want to change to aftermarket projector lights?
You have OEM HID's standard on your FD's which a lot of the guys here have to buy aftermarket HID's to put into their FD's, just to have HID's. I'd suggest OEM is better because you would have to modify your wiring harness to fit projectors. :)

2. Head rests when new usually are a bit hard at first.
What I suggest is use it as a punching bag, hit it a few times to soften it up. :cool:

Hope that helps! :D

hey guys..I'm from across the ditch..just got myself an 07 FD2 and wondering if you guys can help answer a few queries..

1. The car comes with HID for low beam and halogen for high beam. I saw some people in the forum installed eagle/angel eyes on their FD1s with no default HID and needed to add some things themselves to get the projector going. How about in my case where there's already an OEM HID installed? can I do a basic plug and play?

2. I'm finding the headrest on the driver and front passenger seat really hard on the back of the head, it's like banging your head to a thick textbook/manual. just wondering if the FD1s with the velour trim instead of the leather have a softer headrest? I just have to harden up i suppose, but it's quite an odd thing to experience when the other seat parts are quite comfy.

thx

NZFD2
03-04-2008, 06:01 AM
bro,

1. Why would you want to change to aftermarket projector lights?
You have OEM HID's standard on your FD's which a lot of the guys here have to buy aftermarket HID's to put into their FD's, just to have HID's. I'd suggest OEM is better because you would have to modify your wiring harness to fit projectors. :)

2. Head rests when new usually are a bit hard at first.
What I suggest is use it as a punching bag, hit it a few times to soften it up. :cool:

Hope that helps! :D

hey..thanks for the reply..yup that helps.

I'll give the headrest tip a go..cheers dude :cool:

JaCe
03-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Headrests are something u get used to but if u're really having trouble, try getting the Honda service guys to try and get you the fabric one... not sure if it'll work out well (or even look remotely decent) but it might work. :S

I say give it time. Don't rush because the leather ones will be nicer (and better for resale) in the long run (assuming they're in gd condition).