PDA

View Full Version : Luckystar/Raven Bodykit for Euro Ground Clearance

Crapdaz
28-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi all,

I dont know if you guys know but i was wanting to know, how much ground clearance compared to the standard OEM body (without lip) does the luckstar bodykit have?

forgot to add, on stock ride height as i want to know how much i would be able to lower it by.

For mugen bodykit owners can you please shed some light on your ground clearance also on stock ride height if you remember how much it was.

Thanks all. =):wave:;)

snYpz
28-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Not sure how much clearance exactly, but maybe u can PM the member who started the thread linked below. He had the lucky star kit installed with stock suspension i think. Ask him to clarify :P

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84484&highlight=euro+cl9+cl7%5D

Miz_II_Die_IV
29-03-2008, 10:51 AM
im getting the same kit... but in Silver... hehhe... soon soon....

hooyn
29-03-2008, 12:34 PM
imo miz 2 die 4. im thinking if you do get that kit. you should lower it and get some vip/baller rims. change the chrome hood trim if u have one to a black one. tint windows. just ranting after seeing that guys car. doesnt tickle my fancy.

just my opinion. you might think different. not trying to start arguments !

power_of_dreams
29-03-2008, 08:21 PM
I saw a luckystar bodykit for $600 on ebay. Not my style to say the least though.

tony1234
29-03-2008, 09:27 PM
I saw a luckystar bodykit for $600 on ebay. Not my style to say the least though.
I agree.Luckystar bodykit=rice:thumbdwn:

Crapdaz
29-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Anyone know of bodykits that do full rear bumper replacements as i have damage on it?

Thanks all.

snYpz
29-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Anyone know of bodykits that do full rear bumper replacements as i have damage on it?

Thanks all.

Mugen lol
There was a set of mugen replica kit on sale here on the forum. Not sure if its sold yet. There were a few members with replica mugen kits with not much problems in terms of fit. Best to PM them to find out. Cant rmb who they were though.

power_of_dreams
29-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I agree.Luckystar bodykit=rice:thumbdwn:

rofl, agreed!

Crapdaz
29-03-2008, 10:11 PM
i've figured what i am planning on getting.

The mugen front bumper with luckystar skirts and rear.
Will patch up the (left) exhaust hole with mesh and a aluminium bar as i have single exhaust.

The guy who installed the luckystar bodykit said they had Coke can size gap from bodykit to the ground can people with MUGEN BODYKIT give me some ground clearance figures or ideas on how far they are on stock height?

Miz_II_Die_IV
31-03-2008, 08:10 AM
hmmm....hooyn.... atm i dont think it is a good idea to lower due to the fact that i wanna see how low the car is once i get my kit on... i dont want it to be too low and already i think i will have a problem... as for rims yes definately getting a new set afterwardss.... getting sick of my rims and need a different look.... with the rims i have on now.. it was simply going in n getting a set put on there n then.... couldnt wait for the set that i really wanted.... so yeah... oh as for tint... well thinking of stripping the original and putting silver reflectors.... hmm... but tat will come after everything else.. till then....

Atjo
31-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Lucky Star kit has less ground clearance than Mugen kit. I measured it last time when i was choosing between those 2 kits.

Crapdaz
01-04-2008, 01:43 PM
also with difference of fibreglass and urethane i know that everyone says urethane is more durable but does it make a major difference overall?

Atjo
01-04-2008, 04:50 PM
LuckyStar original kit is fibreglass as well but better quality than the replica. Same as Kenstyle kit. Only Mugen kit is made from ABS.

Crapdaz
02-04-2008, 09:23 AM
anyone know of reputable body workshops to install kits in sydney and are excellent with Honda coloured paints?

Cheers all

hooyn
02-04-2008, 10:00 AM
sorry to hijack. but since we are on the topic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TSX-Full-Body-Lip-Kit-MUGEN-Style-Front-Rear-Side-JDM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36475QQihZ007QQitem Z170205131540QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

thats replica mugen lip kit. does anybody have this themselves or seen it before? whats it like ?

McChook
02-04-2008, 12:03 PM
anyone know of reputable body workshops to install kits in sydney and are excellent with Honda coloured paints?

Cheers all
Premier Panel Beating, Greenacre.
Matched my Prelude front lip perfectly to the car

Crapdaz
03-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Has anyone had any experience with bodykit replicas from the U.S
e.g Type M kit(Mugen) or Raven(luckystar)
if so does anyone know how good the quality is and fitment?

Thanks all.

Atjo
03-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Why you have to buy from US? You can find it here in australia with a good quality. My mugen kit quality is really good in terms of the materials & the fitment.

Crapdaz
03-04-2008, 09:37 PM
well, who is the best bet to go with for mugen front bumper? and then for luckystar side skirts and rear bumper?

Bo0o0ost
04-04-2008, 07:21 PM
I just brought one of these kits
Absolutely love it!
Will post pics when it gets installed

Miz_II_Die_IV
04-04-2008, 10:52 PM
where did u buy from? where ate u.. are you in syd... still thinking where i should purchase this kit from???