PDA

View Full Version : Trustable SG shop?

jpwwong
29-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Hey everyone,

Anyone ordered from this shop before? ---> http://www.sgcarstyling.com/

I saw someone post a comment saying its not trustworthy to buy from this store. But as I see it, it only cost 450SGD for the kit, + delivery is way way cheaper than the selling price of 900AUD here!!

Also, what you guys think for an original mugen Carbon Fibre Spoiler for $350AUD? Is it worth it? Considering a replica one cost about 200AUD?

Cheers

cupu-80
30-03-2008, 12:49 AM
OMG!the WALD KIT looks awesome man!!!omg...i feel like getting one mannn

dmx
30-03-2008, 05:03 AM
Hey everyone,

Anyone ordered from this shop before? ---> http://www.sgcarstyling.com/

I saw someone post a comment saying its not trustworthy to buy from this store. But as I see it, it only cost 450SGD for the kit, + delivery is way way cheaper than the selling price of 900AUD here!!

Also, what you guys think for an original mugen Carbon Fibre Spoiler for $350AUD? Is it worth it? Considering a replica one cost about 200AUD?

Cheers
how much for delivery mate ?
u better check it first ;)
as fas as i know about 500-600 to port only

Shimian
30-03-2008, 08:52 AM
well, some time back i emailed this guy a few times regarding the kit and he never responded. Even tried using different email address. So i guess he lost a customer. But he does sell the kit cheap. Wish singapore was like where Tasmania is. Hop on the spirit of tassie with the car then drive back fully kitted :p

gerard
30-03-2008, 10:08 AM
I got my ducktail spoiler from him when he advertised on the civic fd club sg site. there was a little delay from his supplier but I got it and it fitted well.

dyljoy
30-03-2008, 10:38 AM
I got my replica mugen front grill from this guy 1.5 yrs ago, the guy willing to deal with oversea's customer and friendly, but hard to contact with him via email later, don't know why...

JaCe
30-03-2008, 09:16 PM
I got my grille, chrome headlamp covers and visors (Mugen replica) from there.

Grille- very poor quality; sharp edges (difficult to handle without cutting yourself), poor quality mesh, etc.. in the end I bought another replica grille where you DIY the cut/fit and it's much better quality/fit.

Chrome headlamp covers- decent quality at first. Like most cheap chrome, as it gets wet and old, it becomes kinda yucky looking. To be expected.

Mugen visors- by far the best quality product out of the lot. Fit was pretty decent, but like all replicas, it only uses 3m tape to stick on. No pins/etc like the genuine.

Communication was very good initially and he always replied to my emails. Delivery was reasonably prompt and price for delivery to Aus was good. However, I did not try to contact him later and based on quality of goods I purchased, I don't think I would buy again... especially not a full bodykit.

My experience with eBay has been better.

jpwwong
30-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Hmm seems like the dealer is abit dodgy huh? Not much good reviews from people here on the forum. But the cheap price of it really makes it appealing tho, it says the material is ABS, which is quite a good quality if I am not wrong rite?

Anyway, anyone got any comment on Mugen spoiler for $350AUD? Is it expensive? Its got a real CF panel tho, not those painted fake ones.

vincikwan
30-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi, i m from SG. Get it from Garage R or STpowered. Its expensive but they are the best in SG.

JaCe
31-03-2008, 09:10 AM
I think he means he wants to buy online and import to Aus.

I would like to add that the cost of actually painting and fitting the bodykit will change exponentially depending on the condition and quality of the kit. Saving a few bucks here now may leave you stranded later on when you have to pay heaps to get it fitting properly, and then pay even more later on as gaps could potentially develop over time. Find out the total price incl. delivery and then let us know.

For your reference I picked up my Mugen replica kit without painting for $699aud. Will let you know how the fitment goes shortly but heard positive things from other ppl on this forum about the eBay seller.

denot
31-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Anyway, anyone got any comment on Mugen spoiler for $350AUD? Is it expensive? Its got a real CF panel tho, not those painted fake ones.

I think this seller only have replica stuff... and its not Mugen spoiler is a CTR replica spoiler (3 pieces with CF in the center).

CIV13
31-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Spoiler is hot! It's hard to get the best price for what you want.. I searched for years for my kit.. Just do some more research on it.. I haven't heard anything bad from them!

wilzee
31-03-2008, 01:17 PM
I think he means he wants to buy online and import to Aus.

I would like to add that the cost of actually painting and fitting the bodykit will change exponentially depending on the condition and quality of the kit. Saving a few bucks here now may leave you stranded later on when you have to pay heaps to get it fitting properly, and then pay even more later on as gaps could potentially develop over time. Find out the total price incl. delivery and then let us know.

For your reference I picked up my Mugen replica kit without painting for $699aud. Will let you know how the fitment goes shortly but heard positive things from other ppl on this forum about the eBay seller.

Hey Jace. Who's the ebay seller? I wanna check out their gear.

dmx
31-03-2008, 04:29 PM

check out auto platinum.
or someone at ozhonda market also sell mugen full kit.

JaCe
31-03-2008, 08:27 PM

I'll post his details once I fit the kit and see that it's really good quality. Don't want to make a recommendation without actually using the product.

jpwwong
31-03-2008, 11:13 PM
cool ~

How soon you gonna do up your kit JaCe? I can't wait for mine to be up, been seeing really nice FDs and I want one too!!!

JaCe
01-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Within the next few wks- need the fitter/painter to be free. He is fully booked :(

critical
07-06-2010, 03:08 PM
You may contact SGcarstyling via:

Email: info@sgcarstyling.com
MSN: critical@sgcarstyling.com
Contact No.:90297497

We have recently open a retail shop at Blk 928 Yishun Central 1, #01-153, S760928.

JaCe
07-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the bump? You joined just to post that eh?

Either way you really need to ensure you only sell quality goods because at the end of the day, your reputation will be damaged if you sell junk. I have found some other stores such as McWells Ventures which charge a bit more but only sell quality parts even replicas.

critical
08-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Currently, we have our own production factory which gives us better quality control versus in the beginning where we have to take items from suppliers.

Thank you for your feedback.