PDA

View Full Version : A problem about end bracket of rear swaybar

Crapdaz
30-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi all,

I was about to install the whiteline rear sway and then noticed that the left rear side bracket had been snapped off with the existing sway still there being held on by the 2 bushings and the driver side bracket.

Do you guys know of how much it would cost to replace that left side arm bracket? or if there is a replacement to have the bracket stronger? PLEASE HELP. ='(

If you guys dont know what i am on about i will take a photo of what part i am talking about.

Thanks for your help.

tony1234
30-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi all,

I was about to install the whiteline rear sway and then noticed that the left rear side bracket had been snapped off with the existing sway still there being held on by the 2 bushings and the driver side bracket.

Do you guys know of how much it would cost to replace that left side arm bracket? or if there is a replacement to have the bracket stronger? PLEASE HELP. ='(

If you guys dont know what i am on about i will take a photo of what part i am talking about.

Thanks for your help.
If it's what i think it is you'll need to go to a place that can weld the bracket back onto the chassis.You'll need to go to someone that's a good welder and knows what he's doing.Also post up a pic and you'll get other opinions as well.

ok2
30-03-2008, 05:43 PM
If your car is a 2006 and the suspension is not modified and the suspension has not been damaged e.g. speed hump, then I would think that this would be covered under warranty :).

aaronng
30-03-2008, 06:53 PM
He means the endlink. I'm surprised that it broke with the stock swaybar, but you can buy replacements from the dealer or make your own using a bracket and bolt.

overl0ad
30-03-2008, 08:43 PM
if it's the endlink, go and get some decent ones.

it WILL increase NVH, but much more postive. no point having stiff sway abrs if your endlinks flex.

the setup is only as strong as the weakest link.

my car: has coils + sways. when i changed the endlinks. the first thought that went throught my head was: OMFG! why didn't i do this earlier???

Euro08Jaz
31-03-2008, 06:05 AM
was the damage caused by the stock sway bar? lol im a newb is there a stock sway bar?

Crapdaz
31-03-2008, 06:31 AM
was the damage caused by the stock sway bar? lol im a newb is there a stock sway bar?

Yes there is a rear sway bar.

Yeah read on acurazine/tsxclub can't remember which one that some of those guys have installed a moogs branded one which is 3 times as thick as the OEM.

He means the endlink. I'm surprised that it broke with the stock swaybar, but you can buy replacements from the dealer or make your own using a bracket and bolt.

yeh i am surprised that it broke as well cause the stock bar isnt really that thick to put too much stress, but then again anything can happen. stock endlink really does look very flimsy though.

If your car is a 2006 and the suspension is not modified and the suspension has not been damaged e.g. speed hump, then I would think that this would be covered under warranty :).

I wish my car was that new, damn its almost 5years of age.

If it's what i think it is you'll need to go to a place that can weld the bracket back onto the chassis.You'll need to go to someone that's a good welder and knows what he's doing.Also post up a pic and you'll get other opinions as well.

Just a question from posting pics up, how would i be able to post a pic on the thread itself, i tried it previously but it comes up with the image X out.

aaronng
31-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Just a question from posting pics up, how would i be able to post a pic on the thread itself, i tried it previously but it comes up with the image X out.
I usually host it on imageshack.us and put the full sized image link into an [img] tag. More reliable for me...

Crapdaz
31-03-2008, 08:54 AM
I usually host it on imageshack.us and put the full sized image link into an [img] tag. More reliable for me...
Thanks for the advice.

also called my local honda, they only have the stock OEM part (needed to be ordered) for just $110.23 only per side not incl install.

man get stuffed, will get stronger replacements from the US.
and its so painful listening to the clanging.

tron07
31-03-2008, 09:15 AM
the first thought that went throught my head was: OMFG! why didn't i do this earlier???

Everytime I put something new, new H1 4300k bulbs, new carpet, new mats or car perfume, I would go OMFG! why didn't i do this earlier too!!! :p

Now I have 3 layers or carpet + car mat

Crapdaz
31-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Everytime I put something new, new H1 4300k bulbs, new carpet, new mats or car perfume, I would go OMFG! why didn't i do this earlier too!!! :p

Now I have 3 layers or carpet + car mat

Call me stupid, but whats this gotta do with my broken end link ROFL nice spam tron07 if it is.

aaronng
31-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the advice.

also called my local honda, they only have the stock OEM part (needed to be ordered) for just $110.23 only per side not incl install.

man get stuffed, will get stronger replacements from the US.
and its so painful listening to the clanging.

That's too pricey. You need some alternative source... or try giving Destrukshn a PM. :)

tony1234
31-03-2008, 04:02 PM
That's too pricey. You need some alternative source... or try giving Destrukshn a PM. :)
Yeah PM Destrukshn.He's a good guy,i've bought stuff off him before.:thumbsup:

Crapdaz
05-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Installed my endlinks with the rear swaybar, was a pain in da ass trying to line up for the 2 centre brackets.

the one on the left side was easy but the one on the driver side middle was not as close to the bracket point.

Did any of you guys have the same problem? was the bar not as perfect as it could have been?

bennjamin
05-04-2008, 09:47 PM
the reason is because the brand , whiteline is made overseas and has suffered in its presentation stakes. Probably still works just as well tho.

aaronng
05-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Yeah, could be a quality variation issue. There was one bar that was running against the spare tyre well as well.

Crapdaz
08-04-2008, 07:15 AM
okay, the bar fits fine now... but the thing is i am not sure which part the noise is coming from...

ISSUE: When i drive on a speed hump with both wheels there is no knocking noise, but when i go over the hump with the left wheel followed by rear there is a knocking and i will try the other side later...

Do you guys know which part i need to double check again?
i am thinking it may be the endlink to chassis bolt (the one holding the endlink to the body)

aaronng
08-04-2008, 11:02 AM
okay, the bar fits fine now... but the thing is i am not sure which part the noise is coming from...

ISSUE: When i drive on a speed hump with both wheels there is no knocking noise, but when i go over the hump with the left wheel followed by rear there is a knocking and i will try the other side later...

Do you guys know which part i need to double check again?
i am thinking it may be the endlink to chassis bolt (the one holding the endlink to the body)

It's either the endlink to swaybar nut, or you didn't use enough grease on the bushing.

If you didn't touch the endlink to chassis bolt when you installed, don't touch it now.

Crapdaz
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
It's either the endlink to swaybar nut, or you didn't use enough grease on the bushing.

If you didn't touch the endlink to chassis bolt when you installed, don't touch it now.

i had to touch it as one side of my endlinks snapped and i replaced it.

Also i read on another forum that whilst driving due to the grease on the bushings (without lock kit) the bar can slide side to side which could be causing the knocking sounds?

If this is true then i will get some hose & hose clamps to stop the movement.

aaronng
08-04-2008, 01:26 PM
i had to touch it as one side of my endlinks snapped and i replaced it.

Also i read on another forum that whilst driving due to the grease on the bushings (without lock kit) the bar can slide side to side which could be causing the knocking sounds?

If this is true then i will get some hose & hose clamps to stop the movement.

If you removed the original endlink, then yes, tighten it up again.

No, sliding from side to side won't cause noises. The bar catching on the bush and then sliding suddenly, that will cause noises.

Crapdaz
08-04-2008, 01:39 PM
i'll recheck it again.

thanks aaron