PDA

View Full Version : RSX-S heated/leather/bucket seats into Euro :D

EUR003act
30-03-2008, 07:08 PM
As the title says, yes ive just purchased a pair of leather heated bucket seats out of an Acura RSX-S (canadian model)...

heres a pic of them:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/New_Car_SeatsMedium.jpg

im hoping that the rails are the same, otherwise a fair bit of modding may be involved :( the electrics shouldnt be too difficult. ive already got full wiring diagrams for both vehicles.

things needing to be changed/adapted:
- rsx has seat belt buckle pre-tensioners, euro doesnt
- rsx uses DPDT switched seat belt buckled indicator system, euro uses SPST switch
- rsx Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS) is on the RH seat back, euro's is on the LH
- euro seat heaters have hi/lo setting, rsx doesnt
- euro has seat back heater on RH side, rsx only has cushion heaters both side
- rsx uses dual stage airbags**(should not affect side impact airbags)

Heres the main internal differences:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/difference.jpg

ill keep you all updated on the progress :D

SiReal
30-03-2008, 07:13 PM
wow very very cool. will follow this thread.

rawr
30-03-2008, 07:17 PM
goodluck with this :thumbsup: will look sick

EUR003act
30-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the support! :) its good compliments like yours that make me want to try things like this :thumbsup: lol

heres a pic of the actual seats i purchased:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/0022_1.jpg

D R U
30-03-2008, 08:18 PM
That's exactly the same idea i had, keep us posted.

CRV-SUV
30-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Should be unreal! Ive got heated leathers in my CR-V and I love them! the honda buckets look so much better than after market buckets would, cant wait to see the end result

EUR003act
30-03-2008, 08:29 PM
That's exactly the same idea i had, keep us posted.

yeah i originally wanted to change to the euro-R recaros... but i reckon my interior would look weird half leather half fabric... and also, living in canberra i dont think i could live without my heated seats :p lol

Suntzu
30-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Thats a awesome mod. I can wait to see it finished. You reckon you can wire the side impact bags to be ok?

I have cloth trim, wondering where you got the info on the euro-r seats?

How far you shipping the seats?

Darkii_
30-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Wow! That's going to look so good! Seats look very shiney in the 2nd pic =) Post up pics for us of it installed, i want new seats now too!

hooyn
30-03-2008, 10:18 PM
love the bucket seat idea. i've been thinking about getting some for a while.. but then i think.. its a lux. not a type r

Mike Star
30-03-2008, 10:36 PM
As the title says, yes ive just purchased a pair of leather heated bucket seats out of an Acura RSX-S (canadian model)...

heres a pic of them:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/New_Car_SeatsMedium.jpg

im hoping that the rails are the same, otherwise a fair bit of modding may be involved :( the electrics shouldnt be too difficult. ive already got full wiring diagrams for both vehicles.

things needing to be changed/adapted:
- rsx has seat belt buckle pre-tensioners, euro doesnt
- rsx uses DPDT switched seat belt buckled indicator system, euro uses SPST switch
- rsx Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS) is on the RH seat back, euro's is on the LH
- euro seat heaters have hi/lo setting, rsx doesnt
- euro has seat back heater on RH side, rsx only has cushion heaters both side
- rsx uses dual stage airbags**(should not affect side impact airbags)

Heres the main internal differences:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/difference.jpg

ill keep you all updated on the progress :D
Should be great! What was the cost if you don't mind my asking? How do you think the P Leather will look against the rest of the leather/vinyl in the car?
Keep us posted on progress.
Cheers and good luck.

raz05
31-03-2008, 01:42 AM
Good that it has airbag, I hope ur airbag light will not lights up

EUR003act
31-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Thats a awesome mod. I can wait to see it finished. You reckon you can wire the side impact bags to be ok?

I have cloth trim, wondering where you got the info on the euro-r seats?

How far you shipping the seats?

airbags will be the easy bits to wire up, its if i have to move the OPDS sensor and unit that will be a pain in the ass! lol :D there is a set of euro-R seats on ebay atm i think

love the bucket seat idea. i've been thinking about getting some for a while.. but then i think.. its a lux. not a type r

lol yeah i know what you mean. but im going for the euroR look hehehe

Should be great! What was the cost if you don't mind my asking? How do you think the P Leather will look against the rest of the leather/vinyl in the car?
Keep us posted on progress.
Cheers and good luck.

they cost me USD$599 for the front pair and rear bench seat! :D im hoping they will fit in, i mean, the steering wheel is perforated leather... so it should look ok...

Good that it has airbag, I hope ur airbag light will not lights up

airbag light shouldnt come on, all wiring will be done with battery disconnected. and when i re-connect, the new seat airbags should show the same internal resistance as the original ones...

i guess ill find out all this for sure when i get them :D

Darkii_
31-03-2008, 07:28 AM
anyone have links on those euro r seats? can't seem to find them lol

Mike Star
31-03-2008, 08:09 AM
I asked about the P Leather as I didn't realise you were getting the rear bench as well. That's not going to be an issue for sure now that I know you have the full set. That price seems pretty good to me for a full set of seats.
Great stuff!

viper8548
31-03-2008, 09:36 AM
$599 USD for Front pair and Rear Bench, thats cheaper than I expected! But won't you be loosing one passenger seat in the rear? (seatbelt) RSX is only a 4 seater

Atjo
31-03-2008, 10:00 AM
So it's not a powered seat?

EuroAccord13
31-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Me thinks the seats looks ugly on the Euro..
But good luck with the install...

EUR003act
31-03-2008, 06:37 PM
$599 USD for Front pair and Rear Bench, thats cheaper than I expected! But won't you be loosing one passenger seat in the rear? (seatbelt) RSX is only a 4 seater

i wont be installing the rear bench....

and no the seats arent powered :( but i dont mind... lol

EuroAccord13
01-04-2008, 12:08 PM
From the looks of it, lumbar support isn't really there as well......

acura_ek1
02-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Does the Euro R seats have airbags?

curik
03-04-2008, 01:19 AM
I think euroR's recaros do not have side airbags

blk05gli
03-04-2008, 01:12 PM

this is the translated euro-R safety page which mentions the seats:

click (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCORDEURO-R/safety/index.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.honda.co.jp/ACCORDEURO-R/safety/index.html%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG)

SHOGUNOVDDRK
03-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the support! :) its good compliments like yours that make me want to try things like this :thumbsup: lol

heres a pic of the actual seats i purchased:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/0022_1.jpg

Wow those are sexy AS!

mind if i ask how much was the shipping? and how long its going to take them to get to you?

acura_ek1
03-04-2008, 04:55 PM

So you will most likely get a airbag warning light if you install after market seats(recaro or bride)

curik
03-04-2008, 06:08 PM
So you will most likely get a airbag warning light if you install after market seats(recaro or bride)

Yep if you put them on in the euro lux, but not if you put them in a standard euro.

acura_ek1
03-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Yep if you put them on in the euro lux, but not if you put them in a standard euro.

Ive got a non lux euro and it has an airbag tag on the side of the seat...issit a new thing for 08 model?

raz05
03-04-2008, 09:15 PM
my 04 standard euro got airbag, only difference between std and lux is the heated seat

power_of_dreams
04-04-2008, 09:13 AM
If you change to a seat without side airbags you will lose ALL your airbags anyway

EUR003act
04-04-2008, 10:09 AM
If you change to a seat without side airbags you will lose ALL your airbags anyway

you sure about that?

i dont think the system would be so dumb that if one airbag isnt connected (or faulted) that the system would disengage all airbags...

raz05
04-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Yes, the whole system will not work as i've been told by the honda dealer

JetLee
04-04-2008, 11:56 AM
If you change your car to a seat that is not fitted with airbags, you will need to measure the resistance across the original airbag seat connector, then go to Jaycar, buy a resistor of the same value, and place this across the original airbag connectors terminal. This will trick the system into thinking that an airbag is stil present. PROBLEM SOLVED!!

With the Euro R seats, can the seats be fitted onto the standard seat base so that some of the electric seat controls can still function?

With the passenger presence system, I would imagine it is just a pressure sensitive mat attached to the back pad?? Can this mat be refitted to the other seat? or are the wires incorporated into the same harness connector as the airbag??

EUR003act
04-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes, the whole system will not work as i've been told by the honda dealer

i wouldnt believe honda on that... i really dont think theyd desgin a system that if on airbag line fails, that all 8 airbags wont deploy... thatd just be idiotic...

but yes as said below, IF that is the case (or you dont want the airbag warning light on all the time) a simple resistor would fix the problem :D

raz05
04-04-2008, 04:10 PM
yea i might have a go with the resistor method

04-04-2008, 04:18 PM
looks like your euro is moded, wheels kit so should look hawt! pics when done please

EUR003act
20-04-2008, 03:56 PM
UPDATE:

there has been a spanner in the works...

guy who i brought the seats off reckons that his garage was broken into and the seats were stolen! :( he has refunded the money in full, but it leaves me in a rut... im trying to source another set for around the same price as we speak. until then, my little project is on hold! :thumbdwn:

Crapdaz
21-04-2008, 07:55 AM
damn bugger to hear that Eur003act.

JunYu
21-04-2008, 08:54 AM
I've owned a type S, and trust me, your euro seats are much more comfortable, and if you're after support these arent the best choice either, because of the leather you still end up slipping.

Mr_will
21-04-2008, 09:04 AM
is it worth risking your airbags not deploying?

i wouldnt fark with safety systems - what are you gonna do, crash your car to test it out? of course the honda dealer is going to say they wont work - theyre covering their asses

Accord Basic
09-06-2008, 12:39 PM
have you try to have resistor method yet? what size of resistor you use?

Thanks

npcan2
27-08-2010, 04:30 PM
EUR003act, did you end up doing it? I am very interested in this!

Cheers!