PDA

View Full Version : dc2 Ride height

g_kn
31-03-2008, 10:15 AM
heys.. just want to know how many inches i should go down with lowered springs on my dc2.
Pics would be niice and how many inches they went down.
cheers

ricki_kalsi
31-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't lower more than 1/2 - 1 inch on stock shocks.

Buy some coilovers, and do it properly first time round.

kyobi
31-03-2008, 07:49 PM
I wouldn't lower more than 1/2 - 1 inch on stock shocks.

Buy some coilovers, and do it properly first time round.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It might be a little steep forking out that cash but you'll find that in the long run it'll be worth it

Tu88y
31-03-2008, 07:50 PM
just get a nice set of shocks and springs
not good to lower to much on stock shocks

DC4Integra98
04-04-2008, 10:09 AM
I always got recommended by suspension places 1.5" is the max without changing shocks. Can anyone confirm?

ricki_kalsi
04-04-2008, 11:35 AM
yeah that's probably the ultimate MAX... but still not good.

Get coiloversss!!!

ricki_kalsi
04-04-2008, 11:37 AM
just get a nice set of shocks and springs
not good to lower to much on stock shocks

it's always so hard to find a good shock spring set up that actually works.

if it was that easy, everyone would be doing it, and Japanese companies like BuddyClub and Tein etc, wouldn't be spending 100's of thousand on R&D.

RABBITrabbit
04-04-2008, 03:16 PM
drop it on its ass look hot! my dc2r is on its ass cnt get around n e were so i use my girlfriend eg to drive around and the eg its on it ass too lol

Tu88y
04-04-2008, 03:34 PM
it's always so hard to find a good shock spring set up that actually works.

if it was that easy, everyone would be doing it, and Japanese companies like BuddyClub and Tein etc, wouldn't be spending 100's of thousand on R&D.

I'm running Koni Yellow adjustable shocks and whiteline springs and its a good combo.

ricki_kalsi
04-04-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm running Koni Yellow adjustable shocks and whiteline springs and its a good combo.

Really? have you use coilovers?

have you compared these to other coilovers in the market...

magicmike
04-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Coilovers aren't the be-all and end-all of suspension

Some shock and springs combo's are better than some coilovers in the market and are cheaper

Plus, i don't think the OP is really looking into handling, rather the actual ride height and looks

Tu88y
04-04-2008, 03:54 PM

Some shock and springs combo's are better than some coilovers in the market and are cheaper

Plus, i don't think the OP is really looking into handling, rather the actual ride height and looks

Yes but also in the same sense he does not want to pour more money later on for Shocks which can get costly. Parts and Labor

But how low do you want to go???

magicmike
04-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Yes but also in the same sense he does not want to pour more money later on for Shocks which can get costly. Parts and Labor

But how low do you want to go???

Touche :p

The OP is running 17's on a DC2, think he wants to go as low as possible without scrubbing

ricki_kalsi
04-04-2008, 04:01 PM

I think Some is the key word here. it's Very hard to find a shock spring combo that will work well, unless you are Tsychia, and actually know what sussy parts will go together. :)

rikstar
07-04-2008, 12:53 PM
I think Some is the key word here. it's Very hard to find a shock spring combo that will work well, unless you are Tsychia, and actually know what sussy parts will go together. :)

This is true, but if we go by the experience of fellow OzHonda members then Eibach Pro Kit SPrings with Koni Yellows on Integra's are suppose to be a match made in heaven.

I had Eibach Pro kits with DC2R Shocks and it was pretty good. But keep in mind that if you go too low you'll also need camber kits, otherwise you'll be going through tires like crazy (i speak from experience).

ricki_kalsi
07-04-2008, 04:10 PM
People say pretty good...

what is pretty good? Pretty good in comparison to...?

Good in the sense that your car looks better lower, or that you have increased cornering capabilities and lower track times?

All I can say is, as much as people tune their cars here... putting together random springs and shocks and rating them highly is total crap. Who can honestly say they have found a better spring/shock combo, than Tein/BuddyClub / HKS coilovers? ... and if you have, perhaps you should become an engineer, or sell your design to these japanese companies that spend 100's of Thousands on R&D.

T-onedc2
10-04-2008, 08:18 AM

Amen to that,
Spoon progressives on Type R shocks (good condition of course) are very good for street, but for smooth track I'd go coilover personally.

ricki_kalsi
10-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Spoon springs are too crazy for stock shocks

Aren't the spring rates like 18 F and 16 R or someehing crazy daisy like that?

T-onedc2
10-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Spoon springs are too crazy for stock shocks

Aren't the spring rates like 18 F and 16 R or someehing crazy daisy like that?
Yeah coilovers are, see here
http://www.spoon.jp/jpn/database/details.php?id=893

Progressives like I have are
Front 3.6-6.5kg/mm
Rear 2.0-5.5kg/mm
Spoon quote a Type R height drop of 30mm
http://www.spoon.jp/jpn/database/details.php?id=908

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/Tykie/SpoonProgressive.jpg

ricki_kalsi
10-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Don't the Spoon cars use aftermarket Showa shocks with their spring set up though, and not dead stock OEM shocks?

6.5 and 5.5 kg/mm ain't too bad. I heard they were crazy...

Mine are like 12 front 10 rear...

T-onedc2
10-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Spoon Straight springs are available in almost any rate you like. Most stock Hondas and definitely Type R use Showa shocks, Spoon made these springs with OEM shocks in mind as they are quite stiff already.

ricki_kalsi
10-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I know Honda use Showa shocks... but Showa make many different kinds of shocks, along with full blown racing shocks.

I can't justify how Spoon race cars can use OEM shocks with swapped out springs. It just won't work.

T-onedc2
10-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah they used them in F1 since the 80's, but I know through my experience and many others that this combination works either way.

It's important to mention that most Type R shocks have travelled over 100k and would be too worn anyway and something else would be in order, however mine barely have 50k on them and are still fine.

ricki_kalsi
10-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Works for the street yeah, but being the hardcore racing brand that Spoon is, I don't think they intend all springs to be thrown on OEM shock - even if they are Brand spanking new.

Can you tell i'm not a fan of chucking in springs? hehe, nor a fan of "it works, all the Yulehs have cut springs and they work!" LOL.

T-onedc2
10-04-2008, 11:29 PM
yeah I can lol, but dude I'm fussy as with suspension performance and as I don't track it but rather street and "hills run" it's great for me. Progressives were made with OEM in mind but they're just a stepping stone before fullhouse gear, albeit enough for street.

ricki_kalsi
10-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Nice and honest - as long as it's good on the Touge! :)