PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 Coilovers DA9

prawinski
31-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Hey, I've recently bought myself a DA9 Integra and I want to lower it around 1.75". I have looked at the Skunk2 Adjustable Coilovers and want to know has anyone put these on their integra and what is the ride like with stock shocks, or if there are any other coilover springs that would be better but still decent value. Would I need to upgrade the shocks as well. If I had to I've look at the Skunk2 full conversion kit. Any help on these questions would be great. Thanks.

prawinski
31-03-2008, 04:52 PM
By adjustable I mean height adjustable only, not damper or camber.

SeverAMV
31-03-2008, 05:49 PM
blargh, someone seems to have deleted my post.

stock shocks will die very quickly regardless of how you lower your car. always good to go aftermarket. if you look around, you can always just get a coilover sleeve, spring and shock kit for around 300-ish on ebay. but before buying, check the skunk2 website to see if theyre listed as an official online seller.

if you want shocks that are damper adjustable, you can always fork out the extra amount for kyb, or konis, but it shouldnt really matter as long as you find something that suits you.

Nismo3oi
31-03-2008, 09:28 PM
HOw much????

prawinski
02-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeh I've seen the Skunk2 height adjustable coilover kits on ebay for about $600, I'll have a look at the others out there too, thanks.

SeverAMV
02-04-2008, 02:55 PM
thats the full coilover kit, and you can find em for around 500 now, with about 80bucks shipping.

their pro-c coilovers, and i reckon theyre overly firm for daily driving, unless your roads are relatively smooth. a spring and shock combo would be more useable on a day to day basis.

Samm928
04-04-2008, 01:30 PM
wdf? where do you get skunk2 coilovers height adjustable only for $5-600??!?!?! link me! i will give you a pq point =)

Dane
04-04-2008, 01:45 PM
wdf? where do you get skunk2 coilovers height adjustable only for $5-600??!?!?! link me! i will give you a pq point =)

I have seen em on ebay for $590.00 but with $190 aud shipping. That's for Pro S :thumbsup:

SeverAMV
04-04-2008, 02:10 PM
heres one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKUNK2-PRO-S-FULL-COILOVERS-88-91-CIVIC-CRX-90-INTEGRA_W0QQitemZ160224802396QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem160224802396

look around on ebay america, some of them do shipping to australia for $99.

prawinski
04-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeh, I've seen the kits that are $190 for postage, I'll keep my eye out for the $99 ones.

Are the Pro-S kits a firm drive like the Pro-C? Or is it still better to go for another shock and spring combo?

prawinski
04-04-2008, 08:13 PM
What about something like a set of Tokico HP Shocks, and then a set of lowering springs H&R maybe?

I'm looking for the best value for money while still having a comfortable ride, not too stiff.

SeverAMV
05-04-2008, 01:47 AM
i've only ever owned the pro-s, and it feels overly firm for the street. nice and grippy on the road, but slightly harsh when its bumpy. its not an intolerable harsh tho, unless you go on really bad roads.

pro-c should be better tho, because pro-c has adjustable dampers, so you can play around with it a bit.

performance wise, i believe the best ones are the ones with the inverted shock design, as they tend to compress and decompress more fluently, but theyre probably out of your reach.

one thing i've learned tho is that when it comes to springs and shocks, dont cheapen yourself out too much. just choose something that would match what you use it for. spring and shock for DD and occasional fun, coilovers track and hills, fully adjustables for all situations.

EDIT: if all you're really after is a comfy lowered ride, i'd give the tokico struts with h&r springs, or other springs a go. its not a bad combo, albeit a basic combo. should be able to find some relatively cheap on ebay.

prawinski
05-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Excellent. Thanks so much for your help. Yeh it's really just a daily driver and like you said occasional fun. I don't see myself taking this one out to the track, maybe if I get myself an ITR later on.