PDA

View Full Version : Need some help for parts!

dc2r_fAn
01-04-2008, 12:34 AM
hey guys,

my friend recently bought a 94 eg gli stock,

he wants to put some mods into it but not that many

so i want to help him out by asking you guys.

1.which pod filter should he get and where he can get it from and where he can install it.

2. the car is red and wants to get white rims but not 19 or 18 or 17inch i think he would like to have those integra type r rims but only in white and either 15s or 16 inch

3. is there anything else that he should do to mod up his car becasue he doesnt knw what to do honestly either do i casue i dont have hondas

so please guys can you help me and him??

thank you

TheSaint
01-04-2008, 01:18 AM
1. pod filter wont do anything and they sound bad on the gli motor (i have one)
get yourself a good CAI intake kit =) otherwise a stock vtir integra arm with a apexi pod + adapter will do it =) make sure you read up and flash ur ecu to remap the fuel air mix with the new intake too

2. get vtir integra wheels... they are called fat fives, and they bolt straight on... i got them on my civic and they look so sweet, otherwise i would get some 16" Rays replicas.. dont go bigger than 16" because it is illegal to change more than 2 sizes up, the gli comes standard with 14" steelies
have a look here:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37861
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56417
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82752
ce28 and te37 look great on the civic in 16" =D
you cant put type-r wheels on a gli, they are different stud pattern

3. mods to do to a stock gli that you will use as a daily driver...
Stage1
- Spoon Sox
- Cusco Brake Stopper
- clip on wide rear vision mirror
- Wire Tuck
- weather sheilds
- Spoon rear upper strut brace
- Spoon front upper strut brace
- pivot razin volt stabilizer kit (bling lol)
Stage 2
- new seat covers
- CTR leather/red gear cover
- CTR replica steal shift knob
- CTR style floor mats and trim
- rear discs + calipers conversion (from a integra vti-r, makes the car safer and more stable)
- RDA front slotted rotors
Stage 3
- EG6 Folding mirror electronic panel
- EG6 style front bar
- front lip
- colour match the side skirts

you could maybe touch the exhaust but i wouldn't bother with that engine... it would sound bad and there wouldnt be much point, if you want sound the CAI is going to have a nice induction roar anyway =) if you are going to go this far than i would get a b16a2 with low kms on it (about 90k) or a b18c if you want more torque

if you want it to be a daily leave the rear swaybar alone, if you do get one get the 15mm vti-r integra one, iv got one sitting in my shed if you want it, you will have to get some nice LCAs to mount it tho

all of these mods can be purchased in the trader section on this website, i have done alot of those mods on both my EG8 gli civic and my Dc2 vti-r integra (rip) and the traders here were good and the parts were great =)

dc2r_fAn
01-04-2008, 02:16 AM
thnx TheSaint do u have the mods for stage 1 by anychance?

TheSaint
01-04-2008, 03:00 AM
i do have some parts

unfortunately my teg was destroyed but if u pm me i know exactly where to get all the parts listed from reliable sources =)

also do alot of reading up and research before you touch the headlights if you want to go that way, alot of people buy the wrong ones or dont install them the right way and end up with the drive lights on the wrong side with the wrong angles =/ but i would stick with that list 1st and get picky about things that dont need changing later on

also... the stud pattern for the EG civic is 4x100 and the offset i would get for your car would be +42

and is the car a sedan or a hatch?

dc2r_fAn
01-04-2008, 11:15 AM
hatch :D