PDA

View Full Version : Drive Belt

mrshibby
01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi,

I'm looking at buying a 2003 Honda Accord Euro, I have one in mind and just had an RACV inspection done it. It came back pretty much perfect, but one thing was noted that the Drive Belt - Serpentine Belt, came back as slightly noisy. Should I be worried about this?

Cheers in advance!

EuroDude
01-04-2008, 07:27 PM
If they are referring to the rubber accessory belt, then dont worry, they arent expensive to replace.

But if they are referring to the drive chain inside the engine, you should be worried. The engine may have starved of oil at some point.

Come to think of it, they are normally a bit noisy. Mine has made a bit of a tzzzzssss noise since it was new.

Ultimately you should take it to a Honda dealer and get them to inspect it, RACV are not dedicated to Honda's so they probably dont know how the engine normally sounds like.

mrshibby
01-04-2008, 07:45 PM
If they are referring to the rubber accessory belt, then dont worry, they arent expensive to replace.

But if they are referring to the drive chain inside the engine, you should be worried. The engine may have starved of oil at some point.

Come to think of it, they are normally a bit noisy. Mine has made a bit of a tzzzzssss noise since it was new.

Ultimately you should take it to a Honda dealer and get them to inspect it, RACV are not dedicated to Honda's so they probably dont know how the engine normally sounds like.

Thanks Eurodude, you help me out a lot don't you! :thumbsup:

I researched and it's the Serpentine belt which is the rubber belt - phew! Cheers again!

EuroDude
01-04-2008, 08:09 PM
no worries. If it snaps, it wont destroy the pistons or anything.

If you see no cracks or oil deposits or excessive wear on it, it should be fine.

Simply get the mechanic to check it for you when its due for a service.

tony1234
02-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Hi,

I'm looking at buying a 2003 Honda Accord Euro, I have one in mind and just had an RACV inspection done it. It came back pretty much perfect, but one thing was noted that the Drive Belt - Serpentine Belt, came back as slightly noisy. Should I be worried about this?

Cheers in advance!
Just replace it for peace of mind.

mrshibby
03-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah I probably will, thanks guys :thumbsup: