PDA

View Full Version : intake manifold RBC & RRC

fatfish
02-04-2008, 10:09 PM
can anyone think this will work if i bolt the FD2 RRC IM and FD2 SPOON 70mm throttle body on to the euro?

i found someone in Singapore FD2 with the RBC intake manifold and The RBC intake is a direct replacement for the euro someone like our member EUROO3ACT and EuroAccord13, therefore will there be a chance for it.

http://www.hondacivic-fd2.com/jack-honda-civic-fd2/new-modification/major-project-euro-r-rbc-intake-manifold-injen-short-ram-intake-and-samco-sport-pipe

there is one thing i am not too sure is thorttle body. i had read somewhere on the internet that Civic FD1 able to swap the tsx TB without modifiy. does FD1 and FN2 share same TB, as they all run DBW system

one of the FN2R had swap both of RRC and spoon TB with no problem at all

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1536&page=2

thank you

curik
03-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Is there a reason though why go RRC? If you bolt it on without doing anything with the ECU you will lose some power as the RBC and RCC is tuned for high revving engines. If you could use RRC + remap ECU then I'm sure you will get some gains.

tony1234
03-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Is there a reason though why go RRC? If you bolt it on without doing anything with the ECU you will lose some power as the RBC and RCC is tuned for high revving engines. If you could use RRC + remap ECU then I'm sure you will get some gains.
Mmmm,i thought the same thing.

EUR003act
03-04-2008, 07:12 AM
can anyone think this will work if i bolt the FD2 RRC IM and FD2 SPOON 70mm throttle body on to the euro?

i found someone in Singapore FD2 with the RBC intake manifold and The RBC intake is a direct replacement for the euro someone like our member EUROO3ACT and EuroAccord13, therefore will there be a chance for it.

http://www.hondacivic-fd2.com/jack-honda-civic-fd2/new-modification/major-project-euro-r-rbc-intake-manifold-injen-short-ram-intake-and-samco-sport-pipe

there is one thing i am not too sure is thorttle body. i had read somewhere on the internet that Civic FD1 able to swap the tsx TB without modifiy. does FD1 and FN2 share same TB, as they all run DBW system

one of the FN2R had swap both of RRC and spoon TB with no problem at all

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1536&page=2

thank you

DO IT! lol step out on a limb! lol but seriously, if the spoon TB fits the RBC, then itll fit on the euro because the euro bolts direct to RBC. if not, i got an adapter plate you can buy from me :D

should be sweet set up! dont forget, if ur going larger TB ull have to port the RBC plenum mouth to 70mm as well...

you prob will loose a lil bit low end torque, but high end you'll be loving it :thumbsup: having said that, EuroAccord13's dyno showed power gain throughtout the entire rev range... as soon as i get my act together and dyno mine, ill let everyone know!

curik
03-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Yeah I just looked up at his dyno and there is a huge gain when using the RBC with ECU. But look at his stock vs RBC comparison and you are losing low-mid power for a decent bump up towards the redline

Pumped
03-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Dont think the euro really can afford to lose any low end torque :p standard its bad enough!

fatfish
03-04-2008, 09:16 PM

i was thinking chose between RRC or RBC, but RRC like upgrade of RBC with new honda technology .... wanna to try something else to see any gain on power or more better performace on euro.
i am runing the emanage ultimate, it gain pretty good power mid to high range better than my previous vafc controller. in near furture, once i get the RRC IM, spoon TB and Type R higher lift Cam, should able to get better result. may be combine with v-manage. finally, get it on to dyno.

fatfish
03-04-2008, 09:28 PM
DO IT! lol step out on a limb! lol but seriously, if the spoon TB fits the RBC, then itll fit on the euro because the euro bolts direct to RBC. if not, i got an adapter plate you can buy from me :D

should be sweet set up! dont forget, if ur going larger TB ull have to port the RBC plenum mouth to 70mm as well...

you prob will loose a lil bit low end torque, but high end you'll be loving it :thumbsup: having said that, EuroAccord13's dyno showed power gain throughtout the entire rev range... as soon as i get my act together and dyno mine, ill let everyone know!

Here are detail of the throttle body:
1 - Spoon TB 70mm outer vs stock inner 64mm. A 17% more flow to the engine.
2- Throttle plate changed from 62mm to 64mm. Does not require port matching to intake manifold.
3 - Taper bore outside of the throttle body for flow efficiency.
4 - Taper bore on the other side of the throttle and with the "Venturi effect" flow efficiency will be increased by 8%

if i need the adapter plate i can buy from you

aaronng
03-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Here are detail of the throttle body:
1 - Spoon TB 70mm outer vs stock inner 64mm. A 17% more flow to the engine.

You can't compare outer with inner. You should compare butterfly diameter.

curik
04-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Spoon TB? That will cost quite a lot won't it? And perhaps you only gain < 3hp unless your engine revs up to 8000 rpm to warrant the necessity of a bigger TB. What are your other mods? Do you have H/E/ Pulleys? If not then you can get both pulleys and a header for the price of one spoon TB and get much better gains overall. Just my 2hp

r-r-redEuro
04-04-2008, 12:55 AM
he has the best IHE setup lol. GruppeM intake, MaximWork headers, and Mugen Exhaust. BALLLERRRRRRR lol

Peter hopefully see your car soon i might need to go for another polish.

curik
04-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Then go for it! With all those JDM stuff you have, the RRC and Spoon TB will even JDMise it more. Then you'll need the EuroR manifold cover as well.

How much is the cost of tuning the e-manage? Is it more worth getting a reflash?

r-r-redEuro
05-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Umm, Peter correct me if im wrong but i think its $1000. i remember he told me thats how much he got it done.

fatfish
05-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Then go for it! With all those JDM stuff you have, the RRC and Spoon TB will even JDMise it more. Then you'll need the EuroR manifold cover as well.

i might able to get RRC IM but there is only one problem with the TB i still need to double with it. the sensor might be difference to euro dbw

How much is the cost of tuning the e-manage? Is it more worth getting a reflash?

Umm, Peter correct me if im wrong but i think its $1000. i remember he told me thats how much he got it done.

but it just for the hardware, tuning and install cost few hundreds. but it worthy for the money. i gain more power then before. flash is good stuff but i think it will be better with all jtune I/H/E combination. emanage is something you can tune to what you have and what you need, if you can get the good tuner. flash more like plug and run but maybe only to relase 80% of the power. but may i am wrong, this is what i feels. i will get K-pro if i can use it....unfortunately not