PDA

View Full Version : Wild weather in Melbourne = Dents on new Civic

drunkntigr
03-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Was driving to work this morning in the windy weather and heard a massive bang, thought it must have been just a branch that had hit my window and thought nothing of it as the window was fine.

Just before after coming back from restauraunt saw a few chips then washed away the dust storm rain drops and I see two massive dents with the paint chipped to the bottom and numerous scratches at the lower front end of the bonnet, guessing I must have his a branch as it blew sideways as the lines are in a diagonal line.

Pretty P'Od and very unlucky I guess. It's not really worht to pay $500 to get insurance to fix it but anybody got any ideas on what I can do to preserve the paint or prevent rust in this area now? I've also got the useless Crystal Glaze on too.

cupu-80
03-04-2008, 12:29 AM
OMG!sorry about the dents man....mine as well.i just got my fd1 two days ago...and today its raining ice....or whatever you can call it. luckily i quickly drove into undercover carpark...phew...i need to check it tomorrow see if it has dents or not.well hopefully u can find sumthing to fix it man...

sKy.xD
03-04-2008, 04:38 AM
OMG!sorry about the dents man....mine as well.i just got my fd1 two days ago...and today its raining ice....or whatever you can call it. luckily i quickly drove into undercover carpark...phew...i need to check it tomorrow see if it has dents or not.well hopefully u can find sumthing to fix it man...

you mean hail yeh ;). LOL i was at highpoint in my car waiting to pick someone up ... and shit it starting raining and on the radio they were talking about trees and powerthingies and a woman getting crushed to death by a brick wall :O and i got hell worried. Called the person to hurry the **** up or I woul leave. Lucky i got no scratches lol.

Hullabaloo
03-04-2008, 10:12 AM
hmmm... I've heard of mobile dent repairers. maybe they can push out your dents for a fraction of a price of what a crash repairer might charge?

teaseR
03-04-2008, 11:30 AM

it wasnt hailing last night in adelaide was it?

cupu-80
03-04-2008, 12:08 PM
it wasnt hailing last night in adelaide was it?

yeah i last night it was...i am not sure. it was around 6.30 i believe....when i finished my uni and god it was horrible experience heheh LOL

cupu-80
03-04-2008, 12:10 PM
you mean hail yeh ;). LOL i was at highpoint in my car waiting to pick someone up ... and shit it starting raining and on the radio they were talking about trees and powerthingies and a woman getting crushed to death by a brick wall :O and i got hell worried. Called the person to hurry the **** up or I woul leave. Lucky i got no scratches lol.

hahaha well lucky you.i think mine got no scratches also...hopefully

teaseR
03-04-2008, 12:44 PM
oh ok.. i was still at work up north then

uwants
03-04-2008, 11:15 PM
yeah i last night it was...i am not sure. it was around 6.30 i believe....when i finished my uni and god it was horrible experience heheh LOL

Damn rite it was 6:30pm, when i parked my car to the car park lol.
All of the sudden, it raining like hell and next things follow up was hail lol.
lucky no dmg to my car as well =)

tokyonite
03-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Was driving to work this morning in the windy weather and heard a massive bang, thought it must have been just a branch that had hit my window and thought nothing of it as the window was fine.

Just before after coming back from restauraunt saw a few chips then washed away the dust storm rain drops and I see two massive dents with the paint chipped to the bottom and numerous scratches at the lower front end of the bonnet, guessing I must have his a branch as it blew sideways as the lines are in a diagonal line.

Pretty P'Od and very unlucky I guess. It's not really worht to pay $500 to get insurance to fix it but anybody got any ideas on what I can do to preserve the paint or prevent rust in this area now? I've also got the useless Crystal Glaze on too.

ermm got my civic on that particular day... at 1pm.. drove it to city from clayton... brand new civic was surrounded by small twister. washed the car this morning, found lotz lotz lotz of hairline scratch.... :(