PDA

View Full Version : d16y8 turbo

paps02
03-04-2008, 10:52 AM
guys(and girls) just wondering if anyone has experience with the D16Y8 engines and whether one with 125,***km on the clock is too many to turbo it. just trying to keep the budget down and its looking like i may have to consider engine internals which i know cost money...

my setup would be a low 8psi boost using a t3/to4B as i have noticed this to be fairly popular choice with the d16..

comments?

cheers

[ricer]
03-04-2008, 11:00 AM
do it

paps02
03-04-2008, 11:05 AM
do wat? the internals or the turbo???

[ricer]
03-04-2008, 11:07 AM
just turbo it
d series motors are cheap

if i had a B i might build it... but i cant justify spending so much money on a D when on 8psi u'll be fine and if worst does happen, it will be just a fraction of the cost of building to replace the motor

Limbo
03-04-2008, 11:36 AM
i think your turbo is too big for your setup especially on only 8PSI, i'm assuming your going for a small power increase?

paps02
03-04-2008, 12:02 PM
yer exactly. i want to keep the budget down as much as possible (without buying shit parts though).

im looking at something like 4 grand. without install/tune. but am considering buying one of those pre-made pacs off the net and upgrading the turbo..

wat u recomend limbo? im honestly unsure in the world of turbos..

EK1.6LCIV
03-04-2008, 12:10 PM
rocket industries makes a terrific kit for the d16y8....

http://www.rocketindustries.com.au/descriptions.php?partno=ED1500

my mate has it installed in his coupe in the USA, it's not half bad

paps02
03-04-2008, 12:49 PM

nice.

do you have any info about the kit? parts etc? cost

nd55
03-04-2008, 04:05 PM
D16Y's are recognized as having weak conrods, which above 200Hp are recommended to be replaced with aftermarket units.

At 8psi you're about borderline, but that's a big turbo which will pump lots of cool air, relative to smaller units, so you should probably use a higher safety margin.

YCP Vitara pistons are very popular (and cheap) for turbo d16's. Visit www.d-series.org or turbod16.com.

Search for user 'FJT'. I think he sells component packages for d16's which you might be interetested in.

The Vitara pistons will drop your compression ratio down to high 7's low 8's. With a big turbo, it's something you will realy want to consider.

D16y's have a marginal oilling system. Search for spun bearings and there'll be no shortage of matches.

Either get a d16z6 oil pump (OEM high flow pump, will lose dip stick hole, not 100% sure about fit), relieve the oil pressure relief valve, or get a Toga aftermarket.

Morosso Accumulator II's are cheap and may help.

If you go the budget route, ARP head studs and a metal gasket with attention to deck and head surface finish will go a long way.
Then you'll need bigger injectors and have to deal with ignition timing.

Search on my login name, I've written about same topic previously.

Nick.

PS> IMHO that's a BIG turbo. 5000rpm spool. Great for strip, not so for street.

Limbo
03-04-2008, 04:07 PM
That sounds reasonable, you should be able to get quite a good system for that money

yer exactly. i want to keep the budget down as much as possible (without buying shit parts though).

im looking at something like 4 grand. without install/tune. but am considering buying one of those pre-made pacs off the net and upgrading the turbo..

wat u recomend limbo? im honestly unsure in the world of turbos..

[ricer]
03-04-2008, 05:19 PM
4k without install or ecu+tune is doable...

where are u located? if in sydney i can recommend a very good place

paps02
03-04-2008, 08:15 PM
;1617433']4k without install or ecu+tune is doable...

where are u located? if in sydney i can recommend a very good place

nah im in brisbane.

d15z1SUX
03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
how about a t3, t25 or t28? those seem better sized?

paps02
04-04-2008, 08:16 AM
how about a t3, t25 or t28? those seem better sized?

to be 100% honest i dont know the difference in any... i just thought that the t3/t04b was the right one. i read it in alot of those setups online :-S. i take it thats not a desirable one for my setup then...

thanks for the advice. keep it going.

nd55
04-04-2008, 09:42 AM
T25 for instant boost out of a corner. Good sized for your goals (8psi).

T3, my pick. RB25DET turbos if limited to less than 12psi are sweet. 3-4k rpm boost.

T28 is somewhere in between and a very, very good choice. T28 with A/r = 0.8 from Pulsar GTiR is almost the size of a T3. A/r = 0.63 (eg Nissan 200sx) a bit smaller. A/r = 0.48 at the small end of T28 turbos, comparable to a healthy T25.

There are some boost calculators on the web. Do some research into sizing turbos if you really want to get into it.

Important specs are compressor trim and turbine A/r. A book by Corky Bell is available as a download on the web and is good intro into turbos.

Nick.

Limbo
04-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Don't forget that the cars you are quoting are 2.0l engines.
The D series does not have that kind of puff. Its only a baby 1.6 SOHC

a T25 should be ok, but a T28 will make abit more power.
Ask Ricer he had a GT28r on his Y8 motor.(and i'm still pissed you didn't let me drive it! I hope your enjoying those rims!)

T25 for instant boost out of a corner. Good sized for your goals (8psi).

T3, my pick. RB25DET turbos if limited to less than 12psi are sweet. 3-4k rpm boost.

T28 is somewhere in between and a very, very good choice. T28 with A/r = 0.8 from Pulsar GTiR is almost the size of a T3. A/r = 0.63 (eg Nissan 200sx) a bit smaller. A/r = 0.48 at the small end of T28 turbos, comparable to a healthy T25.

There are some boost calculators on the web. Do some research into sizing turbos if you really want to get into it.

Important specs are compressor trim and turbine A/r. A book by Corky Bell is available as a download on the web and is good intro into turbos.

Nick.

EK1.6LCIV
04-04-2008, 12:15 PM
The rocket kit retails around $3500, call them up as prices change often

paps02
04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
anyone know much about these rocket kits from an experience point of view? for that price seems like i would get some quality parts.

The rocket kit retails around $3500, call them up as prices change often

Limbo
04-04-2008, 01:08 PM
nope got a site so i can have a look?

paps02
04-04-2008, 01:28 PM

for those of you playing at home.
just sent an inquiry through to AVO asking about cast manifold and dump pipe as limbo suggested to me..

cant say thankyou enough for the hlep

nd55
04-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Edelbrock also do a full kit. Individual parts are available if you dig for part numbers.

Fullrace do ram manifolds.

There's a suprising number of turbo piece manufacturers for the D16.

Avoid the Ebay SSautochrome bits. Known to fail regularly.

Nick

paps02
04-04-2008, 07:08 PM
having no luck with the greddy kit. anyone know of an australian importer??

edelbrock is wow expensive as is the rocket industries..

Lukezen27
04-04-2008, 07:23 PM
having no luck with the greddy kit. anyone know of an australian importer??

edelbrock is wow expensive as is the rocket industries..

PM the guy I got mine off..
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZracingimporter

paps02
06-04-2008, 08:25 PM
PM the guy I got mine off..
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZracingimporter

thanks mate. get into some more research for all this stuff this week. hopefully find all the info im looking for...

VTC-8OY
06-04-2008, 09:28 PM
my eng was i think bout 180 when i turboed it..

so do it

Lukezen27
07-04-2008, 07:24 AM
my eng was i think bout 180 when i turboed it..

so do it

With a built motor though?

aimre
07-04-2008, 09:48 AM
With a built motor though?

Possible with a stock motor. Heading into danger zone though. 160-170 is safe. Above its a game of luck, either ur lucky and have a solid motor, of not and it goes bust. Seen a US d hit like 300kw on a boost spike. the dyno chart in on turbod16 somewhere.

To the thread starter. As u can see, u can have exactly what u asked for for arround 2.5k if u can do some stuff yourself.

The greddy kit is quality kit. U can get it here for little money and run it straight outta the box. People who say otherwise dont have experiance with this.

I personally ran this kit for 2 years on the stock tune on 7 psi (2psi above factory set). Only mod to the kit was a small cooler. The current owner of the car is still running the same tune no probs.

paps02
08-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Possible with a stock motor. Heading into danger zone though. 160-170 is safe. Above its a game of luck, either ur lucky and have a solid motor, of not and it goes bust. Seen a US d hit like 300kw on a boost spike. the dyno chart in on turbod16 somewhere.

To the thread starter. As u can see, u can have exactly what u asked for for arround 2.5k if u can do some stuff yourself.

The greddy kit is quality kit. U can get it here for little money and run it straight outta the box. People who say otherwise dont have experiance with this.

I personally ran this kit for 2 years on the stock tune on 7 psi (2psi above factory set). Only mod to the kit was a small cooler. The current owner of the car is still running the same tune no probs.

thanks dude... yer i was basically looking for ppl who have had experience in the boosting of hondas to let me know what they think.. alot of good feedback which has helped. ill be sure to let you all know how the project progresses..

Greddy kit looks the way to go. then maybe get some avo extractors and dumppipe as they would be of higher quality. garret t28 bb turbo (aparently thats what ppl recomend)

just trying to find a tuner now. got a mechanic who will install it but now the tuner.. i hear alot of good and bad feedback about various ppl here in brisbane as to who i should go to..

teaseR
08-04-2008, 09:08 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GREDDY-TURBO-KIT-92-95-HONDA-CIVIC-EX-PN-11550021A_W0QQitemZ220210463930QQihZ012QQcategoryZ 33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$1553 soooooooo cheap + postage ofcourse!!!

paps02
08-04-2008, 09:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GREDDY-TURBO-KIT-92-95-HONDA-CIVIC-EX-PN-11550021A_W0QQitemZ220210463930QQihZ012QQcategoryZ 33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$1553 soooooooo cheap + postage ofcourse!!!

looks dodgy... im 96 civic aswell so not sure if thats the right one. the 96-00 greddy is 2200 + tax so at least i know that im buying. id rather pay that bit extra and get the right stuff..

thanks anyways though

teaseR
08-04-2008, 09:31 PM
oh shit... i thought u have an eg civic. soz my bad

Limbo
08-04-2008, 10:30 PM
pretty sure there is no tax to be paid. Had a look at this kit as Luke has one. Its not too bad if you only want small power

hayashi_1986
08-04-2008, 11:38 PM
That's the kit I opted to get originally for the Y1...slight change of plans hehe Good kit I reckon.

paps02
09-04-2008, 09:06 AM
pretty sure there is no tax to be paid. Had a look at this kit as Luke has one. Its not too bad if you only want small power

yer i dont exactly owe vin diesel a ten secon car or anything.. but where do you think it could be improved?? the kit that is..

Limbo
09-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Needs injectors (RC or precision are quite good value for money), ECU(i recommend PFC) & fuel pump (Walbro), Intercooler (something a decnet size to fit into your front), BOV (that's a preference).
Even though it does say it can use standard Injectors and fuel pump get them, as its insurance. One wrong move in that department can cause a blown engine.
The other thing is the dump pipe is not the smoothest design, might be able to get a custom made one. depending on space.

The Greddy turbo is quite good for low boost apps (good for up to 10PSI). Especially when your not too sure what to do.

later you can always upgrade the turbo with a EVO turbo as the Greddy kit uses Mitsubishi turbos. Or you can Highflow your turbo.

EK1.6LCIV
09-04-2008, 12:04 PM
I've seen in the past the AVO kits makes some decent power, why not have them build it all for you, the last d-series I remember seeing from them punched out a healthy 130kW atw, not too bad

Limbo
09-04-2008, 12:06 PM
AVO kit is good but abit more expensive.
The AVo uses a T28 (have a few different ones depending on kit).
Luke's got the Greddy and i have to say i was quite impressed with the kit and certainly value for money.

[ricer]
09-04-2008, 12:10 PM
I've seen in the past the AVO kits makes some decent power, why not have them build it all for you, the last d-series I remember seeing from them punched out a healthy 130kW atw, not too bad

i wouldnt expect anything less then that on a y8 motor

my y4 made 117kw atw on a very safe tune but with a custom kit with room for improvement... but i didnt wanna spend anymore money lol

Lukezen27
09-04-2008, 02:20 PM

I can make 131Kw at 11-12psi right now with only 2" exhaust..

My guess is I should make 130KW at 10psi once my 2.5" exhaust is installed..

There's a reason why the GReddy kits sucks at higher psi.. It’s the crap actuator as WEQ found out a long time ago when trying to up the boost..

New GCG 8 pound actuator installed now and they made a massive difference.. and an Elec boost controller will help even more

So just add $150 bucks on top of the kit or buy a very good elec boost controller..

paps02
09-04-2008, 02:44 PM
avo is something like double the price. im only looking for 8psi so i think the greddy would be ideal for what i am after..

Limbo
09-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Its also a small turbo, it maxes out too early.
But for small boost its perfect. You will get virtually no lag also

I can make 131Kw at 11-12psi right now with only 2" exhaust..

My guess is I should make 130KW at 10psi once my 2.5" exhaust is installed..

There's a reason why the GReddy kits sucks at higher psi.. It’s the crap actuator as WEQ found out a long time ago when trying to up the boost..

New GCG 8 pound actuator installed now and they made a massive difference.. and an Elec boost controller will help even more

So just add $150 bucks on top of the kit or buy a very good elec boost controller..

Lukezen27
09-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Its also a small turbo, it maxes out too early.
But for small boost its perfect. You will get virtually no lag also

Yeah lag is for sure a big plus :thumbsup:

Also the Y8 GReddy kits have a slighly bigger turbo than mine :)

[ricer]
09-04-2008, 05:52 PM
avo kit is quality though... it uses garret turbo charger and u can even choose to have a black anodized intercooler...
super stealth

paps02
09-04-2008, 06:35 PM
;1627469']black anodized intercooler...
super stealth

i like the sounds of that... not the price though hahah. i sent them an email bout their kit and how much and wat it entales etc etc. il post up what they say when i get it

7ypeR
09-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Good idea turbo-charging the dseries. It presents excellent value for money. I used to own a y8 turbo, in brisbane too. Not much power as tuners were few and far between. I used a guy at kp performance in salisbury but don't go there. He doesn't know anything about hondas. Maybe a bolt on kit is just what you need. But the best gains would be to tune it to your engine. There's not too much difference between the greddy and avo turbo kit. There will be a huge difference in tune though.

paps02
09-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Good idea turbo-charging the dseries. It presents excellent value for money. I used to own a y8 turbo, in brisbane too. Not much power as tuners were few and far between. I used a guy at kp performance in salisbury but don't go there. He doesn't know anything about hondas. Maybe a bolt on kit is just what you need. But the best gains would be to tune it to your engine. There's not too much difference between the greddy and avo turbo kit. There will be a huge difference in tune though.

definently having troubles searching for a tuner. might end up having to take it somewhere else for that (sydney) if i dont find anyone worthy...

ppl have said some mixed stuff bout dynodave so i dunno,

"Ivan" from some place in brisbane said something on boost how he dosnt want ppl like me coming to his shop and blamin us for blowing up my engine so yer sounds like there is a background story that needs checking there.

Lukezen27
09-04-2008, 06:50 PM

No tune needed to begin with at stock boost as the GReddy kit e-manage comes pre-tuned for your motor with safe base line maps :thumbsup:

I drove my car for months without a tune

Adrian (TODA) dynoed it for me just to be sure and yup perfect safe tune...

7ypeR
09-04-2008, 06:58 PM
No tune needed to begin with at stock boost as the GReddy kit e-manage comes pre-tuned for your motor with safe base maps :thumbsup:

I drove my car for months without a tune

Adrian (TODA) dynoed it for me just to be sure and yup perfect safe tune...

Thats what i mean. It's pre-tuned so it's a universal map for most fuel types. Not every engine will be in the same condition, some may have more compression than others and so forth. That's why if your engine is in better condition, why not make full use of the turbo kit? It will handle a more agressive tune safely than an engine that has been used and abused.

Lukezen27
09-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Thats what i mean. It's pre-tuned so it's a universal map for most fuel types. Not every engine will be in the same condition, some may have more compression than others and so forth. That's why if your engine is in better condition, why not make full use of the turbo kit? It will handle a more agressive tune safely than an engine that has been used and abused.

Yeah for sure :thumbsup:

pre-tuned 97kw
After real tune 120wk

EK1.6LCIV
09-04-2008, 08:48 PM
definently having troubles searching for a tuner. might end up having to take it somewhere else for that (sydney) if i dont find anyone worthy...

ppl have said some mixed stuff bout dynodave so i dunno,

"Ivan" from some place in brisbane said something on boost how he dosnt want ppl like me coming to his shop and blamin us for blowing up my engine so yer sounds like there is a background story that needs checking there.

Dynodave does some amazing tunes, and yes u won't have much luck in Brissy for a tuner of your d-series engine most looked at me in amazement that I would even think to do such a thing to my engine as it is time consuming and not the easiest of things to draw power from. Most people I know with d-series turboed do it themselves, it's good practice and all have made great results doing so.

Ivan is the king of the b-series engine in Brisbane imo, I would say go that route as it's simple and about the same price as a turboing your stock d-series engine. Just my 2c as I've sourced every option for my EJ8 and turboing the std D16Y8 was the most expensive, time consuming of them all with the K20 swap included which for the same power is amazingly enough the same price!

paps02
09-04-2008, 09:57 PM
yer im just going by what i hear..
but for the type of engine ur exactly right. it will be alot harder to find someone who knows whats going on with this particular engine. but who knows i might get lucky.

but yer turbo will in both the long and short term will be the most expensive.

Limbo
09-04-2008, 10:04 PM
just note that the emanage is a pain to wire. You can get a harness but it doesn't work straight away. Luke can explain.
I'd run hondata or PFC and i know James & Adrian fly around to tune, depending on how many tunes they can do.

Limbo
09-04-2008, 10:26 PM
why not look into this one
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87922
all you need is a proper ECU, injectors, fuel pump. Its got most of the main parts.
Not too badly priced & in your state

Lukezen27
10-04-2008, 07:35 AM
just note that the emanage is a pain to wire. You can get a harness but it doesn't work straight away. Luke can explain.
I'd run hondata or PFC and i know James & Adrian fly around to tune, depending on how many tunes they can do.

It dose in fact, they just don't setup the e-mange or have clear info on how to but I've worked it all out now :thumbsup:

Its a combo of setting to get it all working right and now I know how its done is quiet simple but it was driving me mad for a while heheh

paps02
10-04-2008, 11:14 AM
why not look into this one
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87922
all you need is a proper ECU, injectors, fuel pump. Its got most of the main parts.
Not too badly priced & in your state

thanks dude.. going to try organise with him to have a look and take a mechanic along with me see if he thinks its worth it...

7ypeR
10-04-2008, 06:26 PM
If that turbo-kit is no good, and you wouldn't mind paying a little extra for brand new bolt-on, you can go and see a guy name Marco@autobahn macgregor. He has sourced many greddy parts and should be able to source you the turbo-kit for a competitive price and also have warranty. He works sunday - thursday. Know's a thing or 2 about cars and products.

Hope that helps you

paps02
10-04-2008, 07:00 PM
thanks 7ypeR.. iv pmd that other guy and will just wait for him to respond

tekung89
10-04-2008, 07:07 PM
turbo it, could turn out heaps cheap with good connections on parts

Sexc86
11-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Dynodave does some amazing tunes, and yes u won't have much luck in Brissy for a tuner of your d-series engine most looked at me in amazement that I would even think to do such a thing to my engine as it is time consuming and not the easiest of things to draw power from. Most people I know with d-series turboed do it themselves, it's good practice and all have made great results doing so.

Ivan is the king of the b-series engine in Brisbane imo, I would say go that route as it's simple and about the same price as a turboing your stock d-series engine. Just my 2c as I've sourced every option for my EJ8 and turboing the std D16Y8 was the most expensive, time consuming of them all with the K20 swap included which for the same power is amazingly enough the same price!

Lol you serious man? a turbo d the same price as a k conversion? where were you getting your prices?

In terms of tuners. I am not going to say Who is good and who is bad... BUT... In MY experience. I tried many many times to contact dave, Email, phone, sms.... Said i had money to spend, no expense would be cut. No calls back nothin. I Contacted james and got instant reply, gave me free (unbiased) advice and even took a quick look at my current tune.

As i said, not saying who is good and who is shit. Just my experiences.

Lukezen27
11-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Lol you serious man? a turbo d the same price as a k conversion? where were you getting your prices?

In terms of tuners. I am not going to say Who is good and who is bad... BUT... In MY experience. I tried many many times to contact dave, Email, phone, sms.... Said i had money to spend, no expense would be cut. No calls back nothin. I Contacted james and got instant reply, gave me free (unbiased) advice and even took a quick look at my current tune.

:thumbsup:

Sexc86 on the money

Dave's so hard to contact is not funny though I've hear he's quite good..

James also gave me good free advice no questions asked.. but he's not in my state..

Adrian from TODA has been the most approachable IMO so I've stuck with him, plus he knows my setup and what's happened thus far...

Best bet is to find someone who you feel you connect with and say with them...

7ypeR
11-04-2008, 08:14 PM
:thumbsup:

Sexc86 on the money

Dave's so hard to contact is not funny though I've hear he's quite good..

James also gave me good free advice no questions asked.. but he's not in my state..

Adrian from TODA has been the most approachable IMO so I've stuck with him, plus he knows my setup and what's happened thus far...

Best bet is to found someone who you feel you connect with and say with them...

I 2nd that

EK1.6LCIV
12-04-2008, 01:10 PM

The price is the same for the power I'm chasing and for the age of the motor I'm goin to be working with the K is my best option.

Check out Predator Motorsports at their site http://www.predatormotorsport.com.au/indexMAIN.html or go onto CruisingBrisbane.com give them a bell for another opinion on your install, may as well get as many quotes as u can and their worksmanship is excellent

Sexc86
12-04-2008, 01:18 PM
fair enough, herd some dodgy stuff about predator so ill be steering clear. thanks anway mate

EK1.6LCIV
13-04-2008, 05:24 PM
fair enough, herd some dodgy stuff about predator so ill be steering clear. thanks anway mate

there's a bit to the story of the white Skyline, they've helped at least 10 of my mates build some incredible/road legal cars and will do the same for anyone else. I can show u some of their work if you're keen whenever.

Aza
13-04-2008, 05:33 PM
cheap option is defantly turboing, just throw a greedy turbo kit on it and get it tuned up. will give u a nice power gain

paps02
13-04-2008, 09:05 PM
cheap option is defantly turboing, just throw a greedy turbo kit on it and get it tuned up. will give u a nice power gain

yer im just going to end up doin the turbo ay, seems easier then engine swap...

but yer just had a bender in melbourne so thats set the old savings back a bit ahah (crown casino)...

phwoaaa
14-04-2008, 10:16 AM
is d16y8 the stock engine for the ej vti coupe ?? im not very familiar with ej's ......

but if so im guessing ur budget range will get u a greddy turbo kit for sure~

i drove a d16y8 awhile back with greddy turbo kit and it was plenty of fun on 7psi! spooled at about 3-4k

Lukezen27
14-04-2008, 01:57 PM
is d16y8 the stock engine for the ej vti coupe ?? im not very familiar with ej's ......

but if so im guessing ur budget range will get u a greddy turbo kit for sure~

i drove a d16y8 awhile back with greddy turbo kit and it was plenty of fun on 7psi! spooled at about 3-4k

7psi ok fun but 10psi hella fun :thumbsup:

paps02
14-04-2008, 04:02 PM
7psi ok fun but 10psi hella fun :thumbsup:

why stop there... hahaha

Limbo
14-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Cos the stock engine's at its limit.
Needs a proper rebuild to run more than 10PSI

paps02
14-04-2008, 09:15 PM
^^ lol

Aza
14-04-2008, 10:17 PM
not a rebuild... needs internals to push it properly.

ha but hes right 10 psi on the Y8 was fun ;)

lukecivic
14-04-2008, 10:57 PM
good thread everyone
ill be posting my build of my d16y8 with gt28r soon :D

its finally happening

destrukshn
14-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Cos the stock engine's at its limit.
Needs a proper rebuild to run more than 10PSI
20psi baby.
lol.

[ricer]
15-04-2008, 12:06 PM
good thread everyone
ill be posting my build of my d16y8 with gt28r soon :D

its finally happening

ABOUT TIME LUKE! farrrrrk cant believe how patient you are man! lol

Limbo
15-04-2008, 05:03 PM
20psi baby.
lol.

dude when am i gonna see this beast?

lukecivic
20-04-2008, 06:29 PM
;1637381']ABOUT TIME LUKE! farrrrrk cant believe how patient you are man! lol

another set back :( i got new seals for the injectors and they gave me new filter buckets aswell so i tried taking the old filters out and it didnt go to well. Now ive got to take them somwhere to get the old butchered filters out and put my new ones in. I should of just left them how they were damn it.

I did however get the ecu conversion harness on the weekend.

hey ive been wondering how does the stock driveline handle with all the extra power from a boosted D or B series engine. I mean the gearbox and CVs etc...has anyone had any problems with that and had to upgrade anything?

Lukezen27
20-04-2008, 06:36 PM
another set back :( i got new seals for the injectors and they gave me new filter buckets aswell so i tried taking the old filters out and it didnt go to well. Now ive got to take them somwhere to get the old butchered filters out and put my new ones in. I should of just left them how they were damn it.

I did however get the ecu conversion harness on the weekend.

hey ive been wondering how does the stock driveline handle with all the extra power from a boosted D or B series engine. I mean the gearbox and CVs etc...has anyone had any problems with that and had to upgrade anything?

I blow a CV boot the second time I got my car Dynoed lol but that's just a bit of rubber and she must have already been on the way out..

I have not heard of any problems with the D boxes... Well I have but not to common anyway

nd55
21-04-2008, 10:56 AM
> hey ive been wondering how does the stock driveline handle with all the extra power from a boosted D or B series engine.

As long as you learn to preload the driveline before launching, 300Hp is fine.

By preload I mean NOT dumping the clutch, it's the shock that'll kill your axles.

Nick.