PDA

View Full Version : Is this integra worth it?

jwai
03-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Hey guys,

I own a 94 DC4 and now my gf wants one to (Keep in mind i've always been wanting the DC2R so please dont add the typical - Just get a DC2 or DC2R). I did a lil browsing with her and found this immac. teg for what i think is real cheap.
What i wana know is if this price is generally what 97 GSi's are worth these days or if you guys can spot anything wrong or suggest any issues that may have impacted the pricing of this car?

yahoo.drive.com.au/used/search/detail.aspx?id=3982850 (http://yahoo.drive.com.au/used/search/detail.aspx?id=3982850)

Thanks in advance for any input!

Cheers

Zilli
03-04-2008, 12:35 PM
mate it is very difficult to kno what a car is like unless you go and see it...

the obvious areas you want to be mindful of is the motor, the itnerior and the exterior

Exterior
- Look for dings and scratches
- Look for inconsistant colouration from panel to panel, or inconsistant digs and paint condition for possible accident damage

Interior
- Look for obvious damage such as rips and tears
- Check under the bonnet, if the paint appears fresh you could have had panel replacement
- Check under the booth floor matt for any damage repairs or rust
- 95k kms is reasonable for the cars ago, but an interior wont lie
- Examine the screws that hold in the instrument binnacle for tampering, suggesting possible roll back of the odometer
- a lot of the time itneriors will be drowned in silicon spray or armor all, to hide imperfections

Engine
- Check log books. You wouldd hope it's been regularly serviced and at those kms its at noww, its due for a timing beelt replacement, which is a major service.
- Pull the dipstick, if the oil is black, ignore the car, same can be done by just looking down your oil filler cap, if its full of carbon it probably hasnt been serviced

Then the final is the test drive... drived it in varying conidtion, listen for rattles and unual clunking sounds, do a figure 8 in a big opeen area to check for CV joint damage if you can... the motor should rev smoothly (once warm) and gearshifts should be quite easy too wwithout grinding...

thats all i can think of man... hope it helps

jwai
03-04-2008, 12:52 PM
perfect! thanks heaps for that!

teaseR
03-04-2008, 12:54 PM
give her ur gsi and u should get a vtir at least!
vtir's are going for that price

EKVTIR-T
03-04-2008, 01:06 PM
As above.Better off going for a vtir privately for that sort of price.

MaiCu84
03-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi got this from redbook. Hope it helps you decide.

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/vehicle/prices.php?id=71290

1997 HONDA INTEGRA

GSi Coupe 2dr Man 5sp 1.8i
Prices based on km 110,000 - 200,000
Trade in price guide* $5,100 - $6,800
National average price - private sale* $7,300 - $9,200
Price when new (RRP) $34,950

It's about the national average price. Probably cost a bit more cos its done low k's.

I got my stock 96 gsi for $6000, 2 yrs ago. back then it had only done 124000 k's.
10g is a bit much for a gsi, if you ask me. Add in a bit extra and get a vtir.

DC4Integra98
04-04-2008, 09:26 AM
hmm I did pay 11g for my stock 98' gsi 1 year ago, but then again it is the face lift model and had only done ~110,000 with everything changed (timing belt etc). Still might be expensive in some eyes.

I was looking for a DC2 but couldn't come across many in good condition and 98+. Most that I found had a P plater behind the wheel, clear tail lights or were blatant fake vti-r (see vti-r/vtec stickers) :thumbdwn:

I spent around a 2 months searching.

IZY-10
05-04-2008, 09:39 AM
sell your gsi to your girlfriend and by a type r

dc2r_fAn
05-04-2008, 10:10 AM
best option and make profit out of ur gf .. so wen u do buy that type r u can buy her some lunch! :D

DC4Integra98
05-04-2008, 11:11 AM
You guys aren't really helping when he specifically said
"Keep in mind i've always been wanting the DC2R so please dont add the typical - Just get a DC2 or DC2R"

IZY-10
05-04-2008, 12:07 PM
You guys aren't really helping when he specifically said
"Keep in mind i've always been wanting the DC2R so please dont add the typical - Just get a DC2 or DC2R"

For his gf. Didn't mention himself. If she likes your car sell it to her save up and buy the car you always wanted

Jawen17
07-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Yo,
I actually test drove that car a 2 months ago while looking to buy a Teg. It drove quite well, but I didn't return to get it mechanically checked out because there was water damage. The log books and car manual in the glove box were fully soaked and also the boot carpet was wet, and the spare tyre compartment was filled with water (according to other threads, that was a common problem with Tegs, water leakage either from sunroof drainage or rear lights).

I know you can find a more competitively priced, quality GSi elsewhere with private owners, as others have suggested.

Also, when I test drove in mid Feb, price just dropped to $10,999, from $12,999.

I'm sure you guys will find something much better! Let us know how it goes.

jwai
07-04-2008, 08:22 PM
ahh cool man... i was hopin someone had actually test drove it...
no deal with the water damage.
thanks for all the help! :thumbsup: