PDA

View Full Version : Problem with fitting Del-Sol coilovers.

mrnivlek
03-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey,
I've recently purchased a set of Del-Sol CRX coilovers for my EG-Si.
Upon fitting the coilovers, the EG-Si Rear Lower Control Arm is bigger than the Coilover fork which makes this a headache!!!.
Can I change the rear lower control arms to del-sol or EG-GLi to make them fit?.

IndoStyler
03-04-2008, 02:21 PM
r u sure that they are coilovers for the del sol and not for dc2r?

its more than likely that u will need dc2r lower control arms to fit those rear ones on

tRipitaka
03-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Hey,
I've recently purchased a set of Del-Sol CRX coilovers for my EG-Si.
Upon fitting the coilovers, the EG-Si Rear Lower Control Arm is bigger than the Coilover fork which makes this a headache!!!.
Can I change the rear lower control arms to del-sol or EG-GLi to make them fit?.

if the lca is bigger than the coilover fork, it seems like you've purchased EK coilovers instead of EG/DELSOL coilovers.

delsol and eg coilovers are interchangeable (providing they're both of fork type)

Sir_vtec
03-04-2008, 06:17 PM
what are they? post a pic.

you could probably shave off some of the bushing on your lca's.

dsp26
03-04-2008, 06:45 PM
r u sure that they are coilovers for the del sol and not for dc2r?

its more than likely that u will need dc2r lower control arms to fit those rear ones on

DC2r don't have a fork.. they have a hallow looking lca which the mounting point of the coilover goes into...

mrnivlek: tripitaka is right

mrnivlek
03-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the help guys,
tripitaka is right, they are for the EK sold to me as DEL-SOL/EG, as Sir Vtec said I had to shave off some of the bushing to get them in! watta pain in the ass.

EG5
03-04-2008, 09:55 PM
You need to shave around 3mm on each side of your rear lca where your bushing attached to your rear shocks.

Do not used angle grinder as you will kill the bushing right away as they get real hot.

mrnivlek
03-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Hm, i've encounted another problem, when finish installing the coilovers i took it for a drive and it was bouncy as hell!!! (you hit one bump and the car will bounce like 2-3times extra).
Would it be maybe that I place the springs the otherway around, as in front to back? would this explain why it's so bouncy?

Sir_vtec
03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
did u adjust the height of the car and compress the springs? one thing you dont do is compress the springs.

btw what coilovers are they? what spring rate? u might need more spring rate

mrnivlek
03-04-2008, 10:36 PM
I have tried to adjust the height from low to high but it's still as bouncy.

I didn't compress the spring when i changed it, cause when i purchased the coils from another member it didn't come with the suspension tops, so what i did was adjusted the height all the way down so the tops can be put on.

What i remember was that there was 2 longer springs and 2 shorter springs and i put the shorter springs on the front and the longer ones at the rear. I hope this is right.

The brand is called Fulcrum and i got no idea about the spring rate and these are only height adjustables.

mrnivlek
04-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Well i double checked what was written on the springs and this is what i've found;
Front Spring Rate = 220/260
Rear Spring Rate = 170/220

bennjamin
04-04-2008, 01:37 AM
wrong. Longer springs should be on the front.

I would be that you left out some needed washers + other small parts inside the shock itself...

mrnivlek
07-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Found out that the shock was goneski's... Time to get them rebuilt at Fulcrum :S