PDA

View Full Version : hid problem on one side only

connorling
03-04-2008, 11:23 PM
hi, got my hid from ebay yesterday, install myself, easy.
but the problem is that one side of mine low beam doesnt work hey, when i turn it on, last about 2 sec, then off, turn it off and on again, it work for another 2 sec, i have no ideas

also do u know wat is relay kit for???

high beam is yellow as well on the same side, i tried to switch the 2 hid around, does the same thing, so i think is not the kit, is actually my car, but i have no idea how to fix it,

mimps
03-04-2008, 11:51 PM
you need to run it straight off the battery through a relay, it's not getting enough voltage that's why it's not turning on. Test it by connecting straight to battery to see if it turns on, if it does then it's the wiring.

go to hidplanet.com/forums to find out how to make a wiring harness

hi, got my hid from ebay yesterday, install myself, easy.
but the problem is that one side of mine low beam doesnt work hey, when i turn it on, last about 2 sec, then off, turn it off and on again, it work for another 2 sec, i have no ideas

also do u know wat is relay kit for???

high beam is yellow as well on the same side, i tried to switch the 2 hid around, does the same thing, so i think is not the kit, is actually my car, but i have no idea how to fix it,

Limbo
04-04-2008, 11:36 AM
you just need to follow the diagram supplied. the relay is important, it needs to be wried in

connorling
04-04-2008, 12:43 PM
you just need to follow the diagram supplied. the relay is important, it needs to be wried in

but the kits doesnt include the relay kit.
and how do i connect the hid straight to the power?

mrwillz
04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
i sometime have this problem (not entirely sure if its the kit or my car)
similar problem

after they're on, one side slowly flickers n goes off.
if i completely turn off the hid kit and turn it on few mins later its fine for rest of night.

so would i be looking at a relay kit too.
atm tho its fine

kairi_k
05-04-2008, 06:25 PM
I justput my HIDs' in today no dramas..sounds like ur wiring may need closer attention, just double check all ur connections.

cheers