PDA

View Full Version : Short Shifter

supatt
05-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Hey Guys! does anyone know if there is a short shifter available for the Jazz?
thanks

egSi
06-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Hey Guys! does anyone know if there is a short shifter available for the Jazz?
thanks

hey man that have no been released in the US yet hence no US companies have made em, i think end of the yeah they will be realeased so you might have to wait.

mugen, spoon and 5Zigen have been 'tuning' them so maybe they are making a short shifter :confused:

wyl03
06-09-2004, 09:32 AM
i thought the gear "throw" in the jazz is already short? i guess it's me (the Golf's throw was much longer than the jazz so i quite enjoy shifting gears on the jazz).

Jus-10
06-09-2004, 11:44 AM
No short shift kits are available as yet.

Give it a bit of time though. The manual has just been made available in Japan for the first time and if/when the car becomes available in the US we may well see some competitvely priced items.

TypeG
06-09-2004, 07:07 PM
lol
compare to my previous typeR, the shift on a Jazz is much longer.
I gf even ask me if the shift is so hard and heavy to shift as I can shift much more relax and quicker on my R b4.
however, time will make me get use to it

muli
07-09-2004, 07:10 AM
after driving a current model type-r i have to say the shift on the jazz in my opinion is a lot smoother and easier to perform, the throw might be slightly longer but doesnt feel as sticky, but i guess if i drove the R daily i would probly think it was better than the jazz

supatt
07-09-2004, 01:56 PM
coolll just have to wait then....

Lil_VTEC
10-09-2004, 08:06 PM
I'll tell you what tho ... the throw in my lancer is easily twice the distance than the jazz....when i drove the jazz i thought " man this is very cool" :D
If you can get a short shifter... damn...its going to be fun :thumbsup:

Sp00n
11-09-2004, 09:59 AM
wel.. i used to drive a rodeo ute...
that has a shift from here to over there somewhere...
so the jazz shift is pretty damn short and smooth... people are surprised when they see me shift gears cos the shift is pretty short....... and light :P

FB008
16-09-2004, 05:21 PM
The Jazz gearbox is gold, so smooth and soft and I guess its pretty short in most cases. Except between 1st-2nd gear. Otherwise its all good IMO

steve_civic
16-09-2004, 10:18 PM
thats true...jazz has a surprisingly short throw for a passenger car thats is in stock trim...adding a short shifter will be like having a throw that is about half of the type r i imagine...