PDA

View Full Version : FN2 red paint discoloration!

redOnda
04-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Has anyone experienced this, what on earth is the deal?

Got my FN2 in Jan 08, milano red. Just the other day i noticed a slight discoloration in the paint on the pillar just above the small rear window. Its weird, its as if the paint got wet in that section and turned into a darker shade of red while the rest of the paint is slightly lighter, the borders of the stain / discoloration can be clearly seen in day light if you get up close!

Far out, any ideas on what it is? I've had paint protection done to it prior to delivery, but this thing has only come out recently...

please help.

DC5.Raven
04-04-2008, 12:29 PM

Got my FN2 in Jan 08, milano red. Just the other day i noticed a slight discoloration in the paint on the pillar just above the small rear window. Its weird, its as if the paint got wet in that section and turned into a darker shade of red while the rest of the paint is slightly lighter, the borders of the stain / discoloration can be clearly seen in day light if you get up close!

Far out, any ideas on what it is? I've had paint protection done to it prior to delivery, but this thing has only come out recently...

please help.

you have a picture dude?

btw i know that there were problems with the red paint on dc5 (i think it was also milano red). because they were single stage paint, they would tend to fade alot more than the other colours. after a while it wud end up looking hot pink!

Dane
04-04-2008, 12:36 PM

please help.

Call the honda dealer you got it from!!!!! Definately shouldn't happen to a new car, you could look at polishing or using light cutting compound but it will probably remove the paint protection you had done. So call Honda FIRST and find out what they would reccomend :thumbsup:

aaronng
04-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Call the dealer. Step 1 is always "USE YOUR WARRANTY"

ej20i
04-04-2008, 07:27 PM
wouldnt they do somethin abt it since u got the paint protection?since they sed that with paint protection you can bring it back with scratches and they'll fix it up

Dane
05-04-2008, 08:20 AM
As above - See Dealer