PDA

View Full Version : Noise from rear suspension

vte_gra
05-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Hey guys,
I'm having a weird problem with my integra (1999 vti-r). Everytime I turn right it makes this weird squeaking noise, and it seems to be coming from the rear suspension. I haven't had it checked out yet, but thought I'd ask you guys first.

hui
05-04-2008, 03:46 PM
i got the same problem too, mine squeak when i go over bumps. shocks are dead.

hui
05-04-2008, 03:48 PM
paid $14.00 for a shock absorber test at pedders

DC4Integra98
05-04-2008, 08:21 PM
i got the same problem too, mine squeak when i go over bumps. shocks are dead.

I have the exact same problem. Whenever I go through a bump I hear a metal squeak noise from the rear driver side.

So is it the shocks? Could this be dangerous?

dtrang
05-04-2008, 08:55 PM
ditto

Bludger
05-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey guys,
I'm having a weird problem with my integra (1999 vti-r). Everytime I turn right it makes this weird squeaking noise, and it seems to be coming from the rear suspension. I haven't had it checked out yet, but thought I'd ask you guys first.what do you think is better????

you having a look at your rear sussy, or you asking us to guess what is worng with your rear sussy

I think you have it the wrong way around, imo, you should have a look 1st, then come to us for oppinions after you have had a good look

rikstar
07-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Hey guys,
I'm having a weird problem with my integra (1999 vti-r). Everytime I turn right it makes this weird squeaking noise, and it seems to be coming from the rear suspension. I haven't had it checked out yet, but thought I'd ask you guys first.

Have you got an aftermarket rear swaybar or suspension? I know that when i started changing my OEM parts noise started to come from the rear. I have a 98' VTi-R.

I found out that it was due to lack of lube of the joints and just wear of car. First thing i'd try is getting some WD40 or Silicone Spray and spray of the joints etc. Also make sure that all the bolts are tight, if that doesn't work then its probably your shocks have gone like someone has already mentioned.

aaronng
07-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Silicone spray is good. WD-40 isn't as it eats the rubber bushings over time.

rikstar
07-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Silicone spray is good. WD-40 isn't as it eats the rubber bushings over time.

Didn't know that, thanks aarong. :thumbsup:

DC4Integra98
07-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Will try the silicon spray as well. I'm guessing spray it directly on the springs?

Bludger
07-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Will try the silicon spray as well. I'm guessing spray it directly on the springs?that will do nothing, spray on contact points

where things touch each other

integra95
07-04-2008, 03:08 PM
It could also be your bushes. After a number of years they tend to harden up like plastic and crack. Im not sure what its called, but the really big one thats joins your LCA has a tendancy to go pretty quick and i just replaced mine and the creaking like a boat sound went. There pretty easy to check out, just get under your car and have a look, its obvious if its cracked!

DC4Integra98
07-04-2008, 05:12 PM
that will do nothing, spray on contact points

where things touch each other

Ok will try that. Cheers

squish85
08-04-2008, 11:36 PM
I have that same creaking sound as well.. (94 VtiR DC2).. Just realised that my rear shocks are dead..

Does anyone know what could happen if I continue driving it with dead shocks ?

DC4Integra98
08-04-2008, 11:52 PM
I have that same creaking sound as well.. (94 VtiR DC2).. Just realised that my rear shocks are dead..

Is this the definition of "shocks are blown"?
Will buy some silicon spray come weekend however.

rikstar
09-04-2008, 09:27 AM

I had leaking shocks and first signs of this is when bouncing like a mofo everytime i went over a hump or uneven roads.

I assume if your shocks are "dead" then you would notice somthing simliar. I would recommend you get replacement ones ASAP for comfort and safety.

T-onedc2
10-04-2008, 08:13 AM
the creaking/squeaking sound is common and is the springs not shocks.

EDIT: Since found out it's prob the trailing arm bush

DC4Integra98
10-04-2008, 10:16 AM

If thats the case, I guess its justifiable now to get lowering springs :P

squish85
11-04-2008, 04:46 PM

if so what can be done ? I checked my car.. and actually have eibach springs on the front..with unknown shocks that could be stock that look quite new.. and rusting shocks at the rear that looks really old.. (rusting part is the up and down movable piece of metal rod that actually takes the shock).. sorry if i'm not making sense..

teh_mechanic
11-04-2008, 05:10 PM
it could be a number of things.
a common one to make that squeaking noise is when the main rear trailing arm bush is worn on even torn through in alot of cases.if you dont know what that bush is then your best to take it to a mechanic and get them to check it out

camerapro
11-04-2008, 11:27 PM
hey folks, i just joined the integra [and honda] club, and there are a few things about my car [99 vti-r] which puzzle me.
one is the rear squeaking you speak of - identical to the descriptions given so far. i suspect my rear shocks are somewhat "clapped out", although to be honest i am surprised for the age. any clues on the cost of getting shockers replaced?
cheers

Ericx
12-04-2008, 09:15 AM
it could be a number of things.
a common one to make that squeaking noise is when the main rear trailing arm bush is worn on even torn through in alot of cases.if you dont know what that bush is then your best to take it to a mechanic and get them to check it out

I think your right, the mechanic said my rear trailing arm is actually torn and I do get this squeaky noise.

camerapro
12-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks for your reply...

i have had a look at the bushes in the rear trailing arm [as well as in the front swimg arm], and they all pretty well seem cracked/torn.

does anybody have an estimate of the labour and cost involved in replacing the lot of them?

thanks

Bludger
14-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks for your reply...

i have had a look at the bushes in the rear trailing arm [as well as in the front swimg arm], and they all pretty well seem cracked/torn.

does anybody have an estimate of the labour and cost involved in replacing the lot of them?

thankscn vary a lot

Ericx
16-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Yep, mine are torn, the mechanic quoted me $350 for the rears :(

Jon_51
16-04-2008, 12:20 PM
rta bushes cost me about $85 each for da9 oem ones.
one hour each side for labour is a bit excessive if you have a press, but I've heard far more outrageous quotes ... I did mine myself and wouldn't do it again without a press ... that's for sure.

T-onedc2
20-04-2008, 09:02 AM
My brother just got quoted $400 for Honda to do it on his DC2, so I'm gonna do it for him, does anyone have a Honda part no. for the bush? I'm thinking of getting them from Pedders tho

jaeyon
20-04-2008, 02:59 PM
the noise is mostly likely your rear shocks (dying).
have you recently changed yoru suspension as well?
sounds like its time for some coilovers

T-onedc2
20-04-2008, 04:08 PM
the noise is mostly likely your rear shocks (dying).
have you recently changed yoru suspension as well?
sounds like its time for some coilovers
rear shocks aren't dying, they're fine, bushes are confirmed to be torn.

Jon_51
22-04-2008, 12:53 PM
my rear camber kit seems to loosen off after a little while and make a wierd noise. i tighten it up but it loosens up a bit again after a little while.
am i doing something wrong, or should i get some thread locker or something on it?