PDA

View Full Version : your opinion after you own new typer

bodaas
06-04-2008, 09:54 AM
it is good car, like the shape, i enjoyed the ride, like the vtec sound but then i realise when it comes to color choice
i m getting isick of it, it only comes in 3 colors
they should release new colors (white, yellow or metalic), my preference is white and yellow, even if i have to pay with extra few grand but it still worth it
lately i have seen more typer on road, also i have seen badly smash typer was parking on street LoL (already?)

but we are really look alike, either black, red and silver, i feel it doesnt look stand out to me anymore
my opinion i am feeling to do color respray or i am looking forward new honds

amato2
06-04-2008, 10:23 AM
well i would say that it still turns heads... there are still no cars on the road like it yet!!

as for colour red is the most stand out and black to me is the stealth choice and silver is clean nice but to boring HEHE

21 days cant wait LOL till i pick up mine!! i guess though as long as you dont get sick of the car itself HEHE

fasthonda
06-04-2008, 10:49 AM
It's coming up to 6 months of ownership and I still feel special when I get in the car.I have only seen one black and red one in my area so they are very rare.It certainly is an unique looking car and I know not to everyone's tastes, but I still have people coming up to me and asking me about the car.
So,I am still very,very happy with the CTR.:)

m0nty ITR
06-04-2008, 11:29 AM
http://www.autorun.ro/atach/zoom/386_honda_civic_type_r_concept_white_01.jpg
http://www.cars.com/features/autoshows/2006/geneva/coverage/images/concept_honda_civic_frontangle_mfr_430.jpg

I don't mind the yellow. But I'd like them to bring out the US coupe in a Type R. The shape is more to my liking.

amato2
06-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Yellow HOT HOT HOT

ive seen some pics on other forums cant remember which but they had like a copper metalic colour too..ive neva seen b4. my only guess is maybe that its custom or base model with type r kit

aaronng
06-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Yellow HOT HOT HOT

ive seen some pics on other forums cant remember which but they had like a copper metalic colour too..ive neva seen b4. my only guess is maybe that its custom or base model with type r kit

Might have been the same copper metallic colour that comes with the DC5S.

amato2
06-04-2008, 03:30 PM
yeah looked something like that come to think of it.... i think its a colour that is avaiable on the standard civic over there

Thachng
07-04-2008, 11:53 AM
I like driving it but there are somethings that just get plain annoying, such as getting into and out of the car is hard, the seat belts rub against the seat so thats gonna make it wear out sooner.

I also have the third gear problem and its annoying sometimes that you have to jam it in. Also there is rust on my drivers door corner, I simply touched the paint and it crumbled showing rust underneath.

hopefully all that will be sorted and I can enjoy the car.

lukits01
07-04-2008, 12:24 PM
its not a perfect car, has its rough edges
mmm not enough for me to complain about really

but I do have this growing urge to spend a whole weekend
stripping the interior to get rid of all the sound deadening and all these safety gear mumbo jumbo
LoL

Reothe
07-04-2008, 02:35 PM
lol lukits just wants more hardcore action :P

bodaas
07-04-2008, 06:02 PM
the more you race, the hardcore you are
i got suggestion take off the back seat,it would help reduce lot of weight
prolly 15kg+ up

Reothe
07-04-2008, 07:31 PM
i already did that, and after weighing them found out it's actually 30kg+ due to the airbags located within the rear seats on the underbelly. But due to practicality sake I put them back in so I can take 2 extra passengers around :P

LD_Mart
08-04-2008, 06:20 PM
my 3rd gear is the only problem i have...
seems as if im forcing it in sometimes..if i say something to honda will they know about the problem and fix it...
but besides that i love it...

6ary
08-04-2008, 07:06 PM
i already did that, and after weighing them found out it's actually 30kg+ due to the airbags located within the rear seats on the underbelly. But due to practicality sake I put them back in so I can take 2 extra passengers around :P

wow, you must be a hardarse :p

Reothe
08-04-2008, 09:37 PM
lol, not as hardcore as u gary :D time attack!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :P

Nighthawk
09-04-2008, 08:20 AM
I like driving it but there are somethings that just get plain annoying, such as getting into and out of the car is hard, the seat belts rub against the seat so thats gonna make it wear out sooner.

I noticed the seatbelt rubbing too. I bought a shoulder pad for the seatbelt, stops it rubbing on the seat.

krogoth
09-04-2008, 02:24 PM
seems as if im forcing it in sometimes..if i say something to honda will they know about the problem and fix it...

how u long u had it for? kms?

LD_Mart
09-04-2008, 03:18 PM
how u long u had it for? kms?

like a month and a bit...

its been 2000km yesterday...

krogoth
09-04-2008, 04:48 PM
too early, the gearbox is still settling i reckon

ive driven 2 new manuals, and both have become perfect over time

once past the 10k km service, u most likely wont have this issue...imo

i dont have a ctr btw, this is just something ive noticed....

aaronng
09-04-2008, 04:53 PM
too early, the gearbox is still settling i reckon

ive driven 2 new manuals, and both have become perfect over time

once past the 10k km service, u most likely wont have this issue...imo

i dont have a ctr btw, this is just something ive noticed....

I reckon the 3rd gear popping out is a lot worse! FN2R has a 3rd gear with a personality! After seeing the videos of it happening, I don't have much confidence in the car until they come out with a proper fix.

lukits01
09-04-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm at 20,000Km and my 3rd gear problem has disappeared
It was annoying at first though, I just kept driving it hard into 3rd gear and eventually the problem softened up.

fasthonda
09-04-2008, 05:28 PM
It was annoying at first though, I just kept driving it hard into 3rd gear and eventually the problem softened up.

I'm at 4,600 Km.I estimate my 3rd gear problem disappeared at least 1,000Km ago.
The seat belt wear has been stopped before it started with a "throw on" type of seat covering.
Thus far, I haven't had any creaks or rattles everything has functioned perfectly.The paintwork (I know this controversial),I have to say has been very good I only have 2 tiny paint chips on the body.

krogoth
09-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I reckon the 3rd gear popping out is a lot worse! FN2R has a 3rd gear with a personality! After seeing the videos of it happening, I don't have much confidence in the car until they come out with a proper fix.

very interesting, honda should come clean with a recall then if its as widespread and serious as it sounds

yeh, this was the case with my civic

3rd gear was a little unusual, to say the least, but after 10,000 it became as smooth as silk

Thachng
10-04-2008, 10:40 AM
More problems, my rear passenger side wheel arch popped out. was driving and heard this massive creeking noise.

Also do you think its quite slow, atm all I'm thinking vtec is good for is just alot of noise.

hengz
10-04-2008, 02:12 PM
3rd gear problem would occur on a "lazy shift" when i first got the car but hasnt happend in awhile now. 16k on odo at the moment

bodaas
10-04-2008, 05:33 PM

hmm just dont drive to hard
so far i dont have problem with 3rd gear

More problems, my rear passenger side wheel arch popped out. was driving and heard this massive creeking noise.

Also do you think its quite slow, atm all I'm thinking vtec is good for is just alot of noise.

LOl, did you mean the plastic that stick around the arc and connect to side skirt and rear,
mines scrub with tyres and i drive it everyday , it hasnt pop out yet

fasthonda
10-04-2008, 07:19 PM

I know that we would all like to buy a brand new car and have nothing go wrong-infact that's how it should be!
Every manufacturer has to a certain extent, some problems associated with their cars -includes Honda.
I thought I'd give just one example on a Golf GTI 2007 model.This poor owner has had numerous and significant things go wrong with his car take a look at the list :

"
to date i have had...

- new turbo
- new door trim (took 6 months to get here)
- 1 new rim
- 3 new tyres from various incidents... nothing to do with the manufacturing of the car
- electrical/ software problems with my doors and mirrors
- numerous rattles
- engine check light came on last week (still to be diagnosed)
- coolant leak off turbo
- goes through almost a litre of oil every 5-6000kms
- soft touch plastics have had the rubbery surface peel off
- centre console compartment jamb shut and coin compartment break
and now this... and im sure theres still a few more i have left out. "

I think this was in response to a fellow GTI member- Today he added another problem to his list-he couldn't get the filler fuel cap latch to work -he had to break the plastic housing in order to operate the latch to open the fuel cap.

Subaru,well they recently had to suspend sales and production of the 2.5 litre turbo engine vehicles-apparently there seems to be a "knocking" sound coming from within the engine.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/11785/subaru-suspends-25-litre-turbo-sales (http://www.caradvice.com.au/11785/subaru-suspends-25-litre-turbo-sales/)/

Last ,but not least ,it seems the JDM FD2 Type R has been issued with a recall notice because of an ECU problem that can potentially stop the car dead in it's tracks.

http://eightgc2.forumup.com/about2686-eightgc2.html (http://eightgc2.forumup.com/about2686-eightgc2.html)

Yep,as cars become more complex/sophisticated, I'm afraid we will encounter problems- I certainly have throughout the years.

Frost_FD
11-04-2008, 06:25 PM
O oh..... what are honda getting them selves into....

Reothe
11-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Honda UK seems to be full of overpaid pommy union labourers that can't build to the same quality as the thais.. I'm pretty convinced the FD2 is of a superior build quality than the FN2..so basically you're paying a premium for the FN2's improved design, comfort, and uniqueness.

fasthonda
11-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Honda UK seems to be full of overpaid pommy union labourers that can't build to the same quality as the thais.. I'm pretty convinced the FD2 is of a superior build quality than the FN2..so basically you're paying a premium for the FN2's improved design, comfort, and uniqueness.

You may be right.Although some OZhonda members have had qualilty issues with their FD.
The Brits better start looking at their quality NOW! .The second Honda plant in Thailand(not built yet) I'm sure, could very well have the capacity to supply the European market and others(incl: Australia.)
I have to say with my own FN2 the quality,fit and finish has been very good indeed.:)

sitta
12-04-2008, 08:10 PM
My problems so far with my civic

Third gear problem, but happen very2 rarely, im at 12k atm

the clutch is clicking and creaking, service guy said the bushing for the clutch is broken, i need to wait another 2 weeks to get the whole clutch assembly to be delivered from japan

krogoth
13-04-2008, 09:00 AM
^????????????

y would it be coming from japan and not the U.K?

Reothe
13-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Some crucial parts in the drivetrain and the engine are still manufactured in Japan I believe. Honda UK is mainly responsible for design, assembly, and interior finish, but even then they can't even mould plastics to the correct fitment..cough cough cough.

bodaas
13-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Some crucial parts in the drivetrain and the engine are still manufactured in Japan I believe. Honda UK is mainly responsible for design, assembly, and interior finish, but even then they can't even mould plastics to the correct fitment..cough cough cough.

they also modified k20a to z, so it has less kw, less hardcore but more grunge and more fun lol

Thachng
14-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Well took it in for its 1st service today. Told them them about the rust on the door and they were really sorry for it kept on going on about how it's unusual and that this problem will go all the way back to where honda makes it and they will make sure it never happens again. Personally I didn't really care all that much :) What was important was that they are booking it in to get the rust remove and the door resprayed.

They also said 3rd gear was not a problem. one thing was that the service was free. on my jazz 2 years ago it costs me $50 for the motor oil

amato2
14-04-2008, 10:31 PM
HEHE ive got 14 days till i pick up mine... hows counting.. OMG i am so excited :P

krogoth
15-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Well took it in for its 1st service today. Told them them about the rust on the door and they were really sorry for it kept on going on about how it's unusual and that this problem will go all the way back to where honda makes it and they will make sure it never happens again. Personally I didn't really care all that much :) What was important was that they are booking it in to get the rust remove and the door resprayed.

They also said 3rd gear was not a problem. one thing was that the service was free. on my jazz 2 years ago it costs me $50 for the motor oil

rust??

must have been on the ship....but still

a brand new car..............shoodnt happen

moons
17-04-2008, 08:48 PM
rust?? must have been on the ship....

Nope. If you take a look at some UK forums you'll see that the door rust issue is common as muck with these. My MY08 has it also - Dealer is looking into a solution.

krogoth
17-04-2008, 09:02 PM
zomg, thats absolute crap

how is this possible???? even the model T ford from the early 1900s didnt get rust until at least a year, ffs, lol

LD_Mart
18-04-2008, 03:49 AM
just looked today i also have door rust...

Double R
21-04-2008, 11:50 PM
After owning a DC2 and DC5, FN2 is definitely the quicker car.

It accelerates better, vtec is more aggressive, handles better and definitely looks better.

hengz
22-04-2008, 12:38 AM

It accelerates better, vtec is more aggressive, handles better and definitely looks better.

kidding right? isn't ivtec meant to be more refined. so id have to say not as aggressive. wasn't the dc2 posibly one of honda's best chasis for handling? fn2 is great don't get me wrong but it isnt on par to dc2r performance wise

denot
22-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Never believe what Double R said... he just a kid...

kman
22-04-2008, 11:50 AM
iv got mine for the past 8 months n ive noticed that it launchers much better then the dc5r n dc2r but by the time you get 2 4th gear the dc2r starts catchin up but the dc5 only once you pass 200 ... my 1s completely stock so she goes dead at 235 and dats wen da dc5r passes

FD1
22-04-2008, 01:53 PM

Brand new. Not demo - explicitly stated in contract. Not sure the about the number, car will be arriving in 2 weeks. Rick Damelian Sydney. 08 build and 08 compliance.

I haggled for 3 hours straight, managed to get them down to $36k driveaway with mats, emblem, ipod, front and rear kit and reverse parking sensors.

haha Double R, isnt ur fn2 arriving in 2 weeks time?? didnt u also own a fd1 (which you got for 19k brand new, drive away) and a v6 luxury accord too?? LOL :thumbdwn:

Double R
22-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Yeh it is. I got a 2nd one because I'm richer than you

Felix
22-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeh it is. I got a 2nd one because I'm richer than you

hahaha, and everyone believes you..... If you could afford that then why the F%#K would you buy 2x FN2R's anyway?

My bet is your about 17yrs old and your dad has just bought you your first car. Probably a 20yr old rusted out accord or something of the equivalent..

krogoth
22-04-2008, 05:27 PM
lol, ppl dont waste ur time on a little keyboard warrior

hez prob 8 years old or so, lmao

GT05
22-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi

I'm still new to the forum, and considering to purchase a 07 Civic Type r (brand new if possible) not for racing or anything just a bit of fun...
so you guys reckon its worth it? also what is the best price you guys have signed on? the dealer says $44k driveaway, but obvisouly i see some ppl have done $36k?

just want to know whats possible?

Thanks

Felix
22-04-2008, 06:15 PM
also what is the best price you guys have signed on? the dealer says $44k driveaway, but obvisouly i see some ppl have done $36k?

just want to know whats possible?

Thanks

That guy who said $36k is bullshitting. He's a compulsive lyer.

I paid $38000 drive away only a week ago for my dec07 civic type r.
$44k drive away for a 07 built ctr is a ripoff. They are $44k drive away rrp.

dyljoy
22-04-2008, 06:27 PM
38K drive away is the best price i known so far, have fun with the new civic Type R, I believe it keep looks great in next few yrs. If i am not consider my family and housemate, I will get Type R for sure. Sad to see FD2R not available here, I will get it for sure if it selling here.
PS: when will you pick up the car and what colour is?

Felix
22-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks mate.

Car is being delivered to me late next week.
Its silver dec07 built, was a demo but only had 85kms on it before i drove it, never registered. With emblem set, mats, and bluetooth.

GT05
22-04-2008, 06:53 PM
$38k still sounds really good...was there a lot of talking before that could happen?

Well i really want the Red colour...as thats the classic colour isn't it? but i think Silver can keep the cleanest for longest.

Yeh this car won't be for modifying as my wife will kill me, but i for the price range and looks and interior...its quite a nice little sporty car...

Felix
22-04-2008, 07:20 PM
$38k still sounds really good...was there a lot of talking before that could happen?

Well i really want the Red colour...as thats the classic colour isn't it? but i think Silver can keep the cleanest for longest.

Lots and lots of haggling. I visited 4 dealers none would go any lower then $39300. Ended up going through a broker, i told him - "find me a CTR in silver with these extras for $38000 and i'll buy it". They came back 3 weeks later with the result.
I live near newcastle, the broker could only get that price from a South Sydney dealer. But luckily that includes delivery to newcastle.

I wanted it in red at first to, but after studying a red one in person i found that it was way too red (if there is such a thing) mainly because the interior has alot of red in it. It just wasn't for me.

triode12
22-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Lots and lots of haggling. I visited 4 dealers none would go any lower then $39300. Ended up going through a broker, i told him - "find me a CTR in silver with these extras for $38000 and i'll buy it". They came back 3 weeks later with the result.
I live near newcastle, the broker could only get that price from a South Sydney dealer. But luckily that includes delivery to newcastle.

I wanted it in red at first to, but after studying a red one in person i found that it was way too red (if there is such a thing) mainly because the interior has alot of red in it. It just wasn't for me.

Would that Sth Sydney dealer be Tynan Honda?

GT05
22-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Hmmm, i've never looked at it that way...
I will have to go and take a second look.

haha thanks

because i really like the interior...looks really well done...and the swade red on the door trims are great.

actually the handling is not bad out and about? if you want to turn faster or go for a nice drive through some windy roads? they do ok?

Coldie
23-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I Must say I absolutely love driving my NHB FN2R. Have never had any problems with it (touch wood) - no third gear issue, did have rattle noise from front passenger seat but realised it depends on the position and if the set belt clip was tapping it. Always gets noticed around town and heaps of compliments. You will not regret buying one. I believe it has a cult design inside & out, will continue to look like a concept car for years to come.

My only issues with the car is the oversteer when pushing the limits on corners - which will be fixed very soon with a Quaife LSD on order. The FM reception is crap - always cuts out on me for no aparent reason - note the possible change to the UK navigation pack or the Pioneer-AVIC HD3 double din.

I bought mine for $45K drive away back in august 07 with all the extras, front/rear spoilers, mud guards, footwell lighting, bluetooth, boot tray, ipod adapter, exended warranty. Wish I could have got the navigation pack - am looking to buy the parts from the UK and install. I've know of someone getting the same for $39,990 drive away a couple week ago. Just haggle between 3 dealers and I'm sure you'll get a great deal. If your in Melbourne PM me and I can put you in touch with my Sales Rep - never dissapoints.

I was told from a reliable source that Honda will not be selling the the FD2R here in Australia as it does not meet emissions standards for one - you will be able to get it as a grey import at some stage im sure. I still think the FN2R looks better inside & out - but we all know the FD2R performs a little better. Supercharge the FN2 and you'll be rockin!

krogoth
23-04-2008, 05:12 PM
You will not regret buying one. I believe it has a cult design inside & out, will continue to look like a concept car for years to come.

yeh i love the looks of it, so sexc

My only issues with the car is the oversteer when pushing the limits on corners - which will be fixed very soon with a Quaife LSD on order

i think u mean understeer, fwd mainly understeer out of corners, and yes an LSD will make a massive improvment in that sense

I bought mine for $45K drive away back in august 07 with all the extras, front/rear spoilers, mud guards, footwell lighting, bluetooth, boot tray, ipod adapter, exended warranty.

not a bad price at all, considereing 45k includes all the extras

I was told from a reliable source that Honda will not be selling the the FD2R here in Australia as it does not meet emissions standards for one

i dont think emmisions is the reason, i can garantee u the fd2r is ALOT cleaner than most if not all local cars

i agree it is unlikely that honda will ever bring the fn2r here, but it wont be coming as it will clash with the fn2r, i dont see honda selling 2 civic type Rz

you will be able to get it as a grey import at some stage im sure. I still think the FN2R looks better inside & out - but we all know the FD2R performs a little better. Supercharge the FN2 and you'll be rockin!

hmm, not too sure about that

it may be a possibility, but i think it wont be allowed since honda is already selling a CTR here, so the fd2r, although completley different is still a CTR

im pretty sure import laws protect manufacturers, u cant bring in an identical model of the same year as a grey import

but if the fd2r came out a year b4 the fn2r, then u can definetly bring it in

this is exactly like wat happnd here with the EK9, it clashed with the local variant, EK4 or something, im not entirely definite on this, ill have to check wat model it was

I still think the FN2R looks better inside & out - but we all know the FD2R performs a little better. Supercharge the FN2 and you'll be rockin!

yep, fn2r is better loooking

but, IMO, the fd2r is in a whole other leauge, MUCH MUCH better than the fd2r

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfqN_DDkppc

have a look at this, although not the fd2r, but still..

as for supercharging the fd2r, lol, too much torque in the front i reckon, lol

moons
23-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Iote the possible change to the UK navigation pack.. am looking to buy the parts from the UK and install.

I'd love to be in on some of that action. Might work out cheaper if there is a few of us ordering the parts. Not sure if they would have Aussie maps though - otherwise it would be pretty useless.

anu
23-04-2008, 10:22 PM
yer ive got 3rd gear issues too...btw where on ur doors have u noticed the rust?

LD_Mart
24-04-2008, 11:20 AM
yer ive got 3rd gear issues too...btw where on ur doors have u noticed the rust?

Drivers side...Lift up the rubber seal in the top corner...

Thachng
26-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Something that made me smile about my car today is that i can sort my mp3 in folders and and turning the left nob switches the folders, so easy and you can random in folders or the whole cd :) Being able to put 100+ songs on a cd i wonder why you would want to fork out $600+ for an ipod adapator, I hardly go on trips where i need gigs of songs :)

I take it back what I said about things being cheap in the FN2R the cd player is really quite nice.

but one thing that I don't like is there is no light in the boot and the top cover covers the courtesy light so at night its pitch black there.

moons
26-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Being able to put 100+ songs on a cd i wonder why you would want to fork out $600+ for an ipod adapator, I hardly go on trips where i need gigs of songs :)

LOL. Sorry mate, but I have to disagree. You must have never owned an iPod! And just to clear it up, the Honda iPod adapter is around $600 RRP which equalls roughtly $SFA, if purchased with a new vehicle.

After you have had an iPod in your car, you will never go back to CDs. Ever. In fact, just thinking about it, I have never heard of anyone replacing their in-car iPod to go back to CDs, albethey MP3s!

but one thing that I don't like is there is no light in the boot and the top cover covers the courtesy light so at night its pitch black there.

My FN2 has a boot light. But I suspect you mean Glovebox light. Mine has one in there too but it is so dim it is essentially useless.

Thachng
26-04-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm happy with using CD's atm as its a 50 cd in the car and theres no indicator I have an ipod, nor do I have to disconnect it and take it with me when I get out of the car. I use to have an ipod in my previous car but thought to myself why am i wasting what 400 bucks on a nano just to play songs from my car when what a 50c cd will do and i don't have to take it along with me :)

Well when I got the CTR i had sold my nano already and the cost to get the adaptor and another ipod was a bit too much so I passed on it.

Anyways I did check my boot and yeah theres a light there but it must have been broken from the start as it never turned on since I had it :)

GT05
26-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi Guys

Ok, i've just signed deal today for a civic type r silver colour! will be ready on wednesday...
I sure hope i'm making the right descision....i drove it and sat in it today..i like the feel...its not that powerful...but i don't really care...i like the look of it too!

But alot of the old honda guys say it sucks...but i honestly really like it...

I've come from the Subaru family by the way...but anyway...i'm really happy about it.

LD_Mart
26-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Trust me you will be happy...

fasthonda
26-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Congrats GT05 :wave:

Mine also is silver-easy to keep clean and it looks classy,but I'm not biased:rolleyes:
I know that people in the market for a Type R Civic are receiving mixed signals,don't worry about it,just enjoy it.

amato2
26-04-2008, 06:32 PM
i still havent picked mine up yet.... but i am so so excited im getting a red one.. some time next week now *counts the hours* HEhE

GT05
26-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeh thanks guys

its good idea for the interior i think!

i wonder if there are any owners in Brisbane can organise a meetup when i get mine!

Any tips of tricks on these new type r?

wasn't the drink holder supposed to cool the drinks too?

lukits01
26-04-2008, 11:56 PM
here's a cool party trick
be prepared to be blinded

1. Push and hold the SEL/RESET switch button.

2. Turn the headlights ON.

3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

4. Within 5 sec., turn the headlights OFF, then ON and OFF again.

5. Within 5 sec., release the SEL/RESET switch button, and then push and release the button three times repeatedly.

GT05
27-04-2008, 12:15 PM
wat does that do??/

too scared haha

Reothe
27-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Dosen't work lukits...just tried it like 10 times :P only succeeded in resetting my trip computer :P LOL

anu
27-04-2008, 07:42 PM
have u guys noticed that your rear wheels get dirtier than the front ones?

GT05
27-04-2008, 08:59 PM
hmmm but still, what does that do? reset something?
isn't there supposed to be some feature that it the drink holder keep cool or something?

6ary
27-04-2008, 09:37 PM
here's a cool party trick
be prepared to be blinded

1. Push and hold the SEL/RESET switch button.

2. Turn the headlights ON.

3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

4. Within 5 sec., turn the headlights OFF, then ON and OFF again.

5. Within 5 sec., release the SEL/RESET switch button, and then push and release the button three times repeatedly.

Sounds like an easter egg, I'm guessing it lights up all the lights in the dash with a "defi-like" opening ceremony with the rev meter. Am I right?

LD_Mart
28-04-2008, 08:28 AM
isn't there supposed to be some feature that it the drink holder keep cool or something?

Well not that i know of but you might thinking of the glove box as it has air con in there to keep things cool....