PDA

View Full Version : FD1 left problem

jcpabc
06-04-2008, 05:41 PM
I just put a set of Works CR KAI 17" on my FD1, and did wheel balance.
But it still keep moving to left a bit. Also, my friend has the same problem with his VTI-L as well. (Test on eastern freeway, VIC)
Do you guys have the same problem?
I search this problem online, they said because the engine is at the left. Is it ture?

markCivicVti
06-04-2008, 06:09 PM
also cos roads aren't dead flat... So rain runns off.

ahmondjai
06-04-2008, 07:18 PM
plus tyre pressure~~?

jcpabc
06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
I put BS re001 215/45/17. 32k for all tyres.

ej20i
06-04-2008, 08:05 PM
yeh wad abt the tyre pressure??is it all the same?shuf be at arnd 40-45s...correct me if im wrong

dmx
06-04-2008, 09:27 PM
yupe, same like mine.
also did wheel alignment, still little pull to left.
may be because the road, and also someone said, it's for safety reason.
if u fall asleep during driving, u car will go to left instead to right and heading to incoming car, but not sure for this reason.

andyhui01
06-04-2008, 09:40 PM
My FD had the same issue as well, kept bringing it back for alignment and had the same result... but this didn't happen when it was new, only when I got new rims and re-did the alignment.

renegadeice
06-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Just curious, did you experience this prior to installing the new wheels? Is your friend with the VTI-L running stock wheels/tyres too?

I've changed my wheels to 17" ones too. they seem fine tho, i'm using 38 psi atm (tho the place that did my wheels+tyres gave me 36 psi in the front, 35 in the rear).

aaronng
06-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Try 36-38 psi tyre pressure and see if you minimise the pulling to the left (caused by road slanting)

rk 86 wa
06-04-2008, 11:28 PM
road is slanted to let rain clear off and so you dont drift off into oncoming traffic if you arent paying attention lol

Frost_FD
07-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Yes i got the same problem!!! ahahaha i thought i stuffed up my wheel alignment some how... phew i am not alone

cracker
07-04-2008, 06:24 PM
so whats the reason?

renegadeice
07-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Try 36-38 psi tyre pressure and see if you minimise the pulling to the left (caused by road slanting)

Hi aaron,

Someone has mentioned this to me before as well but he didn't know why this would be helpful. Do you know how changing the tyre pressure help?

FallenAngel
08-04-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm assuming u let the car roll when ur testing. Try accelerating to see if its straight.

I have the same problem but when i accelerate, the car bearly pulls to the left

Shimian
08-04-2008, 07:39 PM
do they do wheel alignment when u service ur car at the dealer?

renegadeice
08-04-2008, 08:23 PM

my dealer performed the following (in regards to the tyres/wheels):
- "check tyres for wear and set pressures"
- "rotated wheels front to rear"

no wheel alignment.

dmx
08-04-2008, 08:24 PM

not as per log book service, but they can do for additional service (and cost)

aaronng
08-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Hi aaron,

Someone has mentioned this to me before as well but he didn't know why this would be helpful. Do you know how changing the tyre pressure help?
Some tyres tend to have odd characteristics when under or over inflated. Euro has a similar problem with the 17" Bridgestone RE040 tyres.

sam.
10-04-2008, 11:36 AM
our stock vti pulls to left since brand new, and dealer says it's fine and there's no problem with it! dumb bastards!

ksyu223
10-04-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm joining you guys too, my brand new Vti pull to the left.... and I hope it's a wheel alignment issue only!

I'm positive it's not road slanting as it does not happen with my other car.

*If it's not the roads why do our civics pull LEFT only? not RIGHT?

EDIT:

3 people drive my Vti and when its parked back at the garage it's never parallel (always slants left)... all 3 of us swear it looks straight inside!

markCivicVti
10-04-2008, 02:38 PM
It's not the end of the world... my last car had a problem with steering to the left... mind you the suspension was shot bad. Don't really notice it on the vti but it makes sense that its there...

"I'm positive it's not road slanting as it does not happen with my other car.

*If it's not the roads why do our civics pull LEFT only? not RIGHT?"

Maybe your other car pulls to the right lol. I think it's more than likely the road slant.. it makes sense that theres a slope for rain run-off doesn't it? The slant is there so the water can run into the gutters.. so of course your car wont go dead straight... and how often do you actually drive on a surface that is perfectly flat for more than a metre... not often.

So unless your car will fly off the road if you let go for a second and a half chillax.

Note: I so want to sell my 07 civic and get the new accord... pitty my wife would kill me :P

ksyu223
10-04-2008, 03:16 PM
So unless your car will fly off the road if you let go for a second and a half chillax.

Note: I so want to sell my 07 civic and get the new accord... pitty my wife would kill me :P

The pull is dangerous on my Vti, I can cut lane (left) in less than 50metres (any roads, inc. highways). I can't feel any swirving and I really hope its just an alignment issue!

I've heard other crazy stuff from 8thcivic, how there's design fault with civic, the driver's side is lower than the left (when car is empty) which causes it to swerve left

oniononline
11-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I had the same problem when bought new, did a few wheel alignment at Robertlane but no difference, still steer to the left (stock wheels), then I did another one at Astoria Honda, amazing they fixed it, perfectly straight now, but sometimes steer to left/right depend on the road curve, eg: leftlane usually has a slope, so you'll steer left a little, right lane steer to the right etc... but on flat, straight.

ksyu223
11-04-2008, 11:52 AM
great, well i'll get it aligned at Honda then with my regular service

jckidz
11-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Luckily mine do not have this problem.. however, I've heard abt this prob before.. the problem is the camber (toe) of the front wheels.. many of them have this fixed.. ( sorry if i dun make sense.. i'm a noob)

ksyu223
11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Luckily mine do not have this problem.. however, I've heard abt this prob before.. the problem is the camber (toe) of the front wheels.. many of them have this fixed.. ( sorry if i dun make sense.. i'm a noob)

I've only heard about the rear camber being excessively negative

markCivicVti
11-04-2008, 04:23 PM
You should be able to tell of any misalignment issues after your tyres start to wear a bit fast on the edges. Tho, keep in mind you are supposed to rotate the tyres around every x thousand kms.

Unless the camber is different from side to side (front left camber at 0 and front right at minus something) you have nothing to worry about... other than faster tyre wear if camber is equally negative on both sides. If you lower your car (springs) you'll get negative camber on both sides... good for cornering... bad for tyre wear.

Go to Bob jane or whatever and have an alignment test done if you're worried,

ido09s
20-04-2008, 08:23 PM
try swapping the tyres from the left to the right and see if it pulls right... if it pulls right swap the right hand tyre on the rim, making the outside edge the inside edge, and you will probably find the problem will dissapear.

Use to happen to us occasionally when i worked for Bob Jane and it was a quick easy fix

Double R
21-04-2008, 11:40 PM
If the car moves left, then steer right.

cracker
22-04-2008, 01:13 PM
bahahahah

andyhui01
22-04-2008, 05:51 PM
If the car moves left, then steer right.

lol... and I wondered why he got banned.. haha