PDA

View Full Version : Bucket Seats EG

MM89
06-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Just wondering if these F1 Spec 2 buckets are any good? Application is for daily/track in an EG. Has anybody used them? I'm looking for something that will not hold my legs too close together. Was in a mate's DC2 and felt that his recaro's would do just that, however the hold from the waist up was perfect.

I'm getting the impression that the Spec 2 provides a bit more space to move around or spread your legs out than the Spec 3?
http://www.f1spec.com/f1spectype2.html

http://www.f1spec.com/f1ty3se.html

Also, if anybody has happened to use these seats before, how is the quality of them? Are the brackets they provide a direct bolt on to the EG frame?

Cheers guys n girls
Mike

GGK20A
12-04-2008, 05:33 PM
i dont really like the looks of them, i like recaros and bride bucket seats.. although im a small fella its somewhat a different story hehe..
whatever tickles your fancy :)

jdm_kid
12-04-2008, 10:24 PM
i like em... there replicas of Mugen Bucket seats which are hella expensive n rare

teh_mechanic
13-04-2008, 02:37 PM
i dont mind them.keep in mind that link is in america,would cost a fair bit to ship seats over

MM89
13-04-2008, 06:24 PM
thanks for the input peeps, knowing that they're replicas of mugen buckets is definitely an attraction. so what's the quality like on these seats? i'm assuming 'replica' meaning that the production methods are pretty much the same as the real deal?

cheers
mike

rayb3na_
13-04-2008, 06:38 PM
replica = cheaper way to make em

teh_mechanic
14-04-2008, 07:33 AM
thanks for the input peeps, knowing that they're replicas of mugen buckets is definitely an attraction. so what's the quality like on these seats? i'm assuming 'replica' meaning that the production methods are pretty much the same as the real deal?

cheers
mike

replica normally means cheaper way of making them and inferior materials used.
you have to be careful with cheap seats,sometimes to cut costs they will use dodgy foam etc. and it can sink and sag over time,also the fabric can fade quicker.spray fabric protector on them if you get them

STiR
21-04-2008, 06:57 AM
I'm going for the COBRA Imola, excellent quality

tiksie
21-04-2008, 06:46 PM
i dont really like the looks of them, i like recaros and bride bucket seats.. although im a small fella its somewhat a different story hehe..
whatever tickles your fancy :)

Not to mention your small hands.

GG.