PDA

View Full Version : mugen front grill for 07 civic

omar_honda07
06-04-2008, 10:34 PM
hey guys. im new to these forums so i would like to say hello to everyone.
i own a 07 civic and i have seen some pics on the net of the mugen grill/front bar.

just wanted to know where i could try get the grill and roughly how much would i be looking at spending on one?

is it just the replacement grill or is it the whole front bar?

just want to make the car sit out from the rest.

thanks everyone

Shimian
06-04-2008, 10:51 PM
hello and welcome. Just to let you know, how much and where to buy threads are not allowed. Read the announcement at the top of the main Civic 2001 and above page.

To answer your question, if u get the mugen grille, it will replace the whole unit. Everything you see in chrome will be removed.

omar_honda07
06-04-2008, 10:59 PM
hey, ohh ok didnt know :S

so its only the grill which will be replaced, cool. um is it ok to ask where i can get a mugen grill from? is AU or would i have to order one from somewhere else?

omar_honda07
06-04-2008, 11:06 PM
sorry just reread ur post.
hmmm so i cant really find out the information ?

renegadeice
06-04-2008, 11:08 PM
refer to http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63624 for details and prices

hondar is an ozhonda trader here who sells them.

I have been oogling at them myself xD

Alternatively you could also get them from other dealers like http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=3&car=126&middlesmall=2%3A11&maker=85&volkey=

and then there are replicas which are cheaper. but i honestly have not read up enough about where to get them and how they compare to the genuine mugen parts.

hope that helps!

triode12
06-04-2008, 11:19 PM
hello and welcome. Just to let you know, how much and where to buy threads are not allowed. Read the announcement at the top of the main Civic 2001 and above page.

To answer your question, if u get the mugen grille, it will replace the whole unit. Everything you see in chrome will be removed.

Why such a strange bar on information? I think this kind of information would be helpful to members especially new ones.

On other forums I am a member of, 'where to buy' and 'how much did it cost' threads help new users in their purchasing decisions and it also helps to keep retailers honest in their pricing.

I've been trying to get information on aftermarket accessories for my FD2 but my searches on this site have come up a bit short. And yes, I have scoured the Trader's sections of the forum.

Shimian
06-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Why such a strange bar on information? I think this kind of information would be helpful to members especially new ones.

On other forums I am a member of, 'where to buy' and 'how much did it cost' threads help new users in their purchasing decisions and it also helps to keep retailers honest in their pricing.

I've been trying to get information on aftermarket accessories for my FD2 but my searches on this site have come up a bit short. And yes, I have scoured the Trader's sections of the forum.

Its not that i dont want to give the info, its just forum rules.

triode12
06-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Its not that i dont want to give the info, its just forum rules.

I wasn't questioning your reluctance in giving the information; but rather the logic of the forum rule.

I can understand if it is regarding the value of a car, but surely information on the price of parts (or how much to pay for them) and information on where to get them would be a benefit to users. I know it would to me.

Hence my earlier post on cheap alternatives to the paint/rust/vinyl protection that dealers offer. Had I known about them before I put down the deposit, I would have saved a few hundred dollars. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I only got "done" for the paint protection.

mugenfd
07-04-2008, 01:00 AM
good point! i agree with you

Shimian
07-04-2008, 07:57 AM
I wasn't questioning your reluctance in giving the information; but rather the logic of the forum rule.

I can understand if it is regarding the value of a car, but surely information on the price of parts (or how much to pay for them) and information on where to get them would be a benefit to users. I know it would to me.

Hence my earlier post on cheap alternatives to the paint/rust/vinyl protection that dealers offer. Had I known about them before I put down the deposit, I would have saved a few hundred dollars. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I only got "done" for the paint protection.

yes i agree. It will benefit a lot of people. We do have a "Where to buy" section. He can post it there and im sure he will get all the answers he needs.
Im only doing my part and respecting the forum rules.

JaCe
07-04-2008, 11:45 AM
I also think it's worthwhile to remove that rule- it seems stupid that we can't discuss this. I suppose it's to prevent bias and people just promoting their own self-interests/businesses; or to prevent people discouraging or posting negatively about other businesses.

ps. to TC, check out eBay.

xqwzit
07-04-2008, 12:17 PM
if your in melbourne, all the mugen kits, grilles are sold out :P

sthum
15-04-2008, 01:14 PM
if your in melbourne, all the mugen kits, grilles are sold out :P

There's at least 1 grille left in Melbourne because i'm about to get it :)

Double R
21-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Mugen front grille increases approx 19hp.

Good choice of rice

sKy.xD
21-04-2008, 11:24 PM
There's at least 1 grille left in Melbourne because i'm about to get it :)

thats good lol. Honestly I havent seen enough done up 8th gen civics ... all i see is mums and dads driving stock one all over the place. Havent seen mugen kits ... custom rims ... spoilers and the mugen grille .. dissapointing melb!

JaCe
21-04-2008, 11:48 PM
thats good lol. Honestly I havent seen enough done up 8th gen civics ... all i see is mums and dads driving stock one all over the place. Havent seen mugen kits ... custom rims ... spoilers and the mugen grille .. dissapointing melb!

I noticed this the other day at my local community centre. 4 Civics. Only 1 (ahah mine) had anything done to it.

ktvin09
22-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Wait till one day traders here have more replica stuff for our FDs...

sthum
22-04-2008, 12:17 PM

That's why i want to get my car done up because of the small amount of modded civics. Only restraint is $$$... lol.

Double R
22-04-2008, 03:08 PM
2 for 1 special rice cakes

sKy.xD
22-04-2008, 08:22 PM
That's why i want to get my car done up because of the small amount of modded civics. Only restraint is $$$... lol.

Exactly how i feel lol. My car will be the modded civic ive seen in melbourne :p

ej20i
23-04-2008, 01:41 AM
lol tru tru...its gettin embarassing that we young guns are driving old peeps cars...even ma grandma drives the same car as ME!!!!!and wad is wronk with double R with his hate comments!!

JaCe
23-04-2008, 03:32 AM
^ Hence the need to make it beyond recognition lols