PDA

View Full Version : Seat warmer light is out..

Crapdaz
07-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Just wondering if any of you guys had the same problem with the passenger seat warmer button light burnt out?

if so what bulb does it use so i can replace it.
Thanks, Daz

kimnkk
07-04-2008, 09:22 AM
My driver's side one is out but i haven't been bothered to go and get it replaced. Apparently honda sell the bulbs for $5 or $10. Does anyone know if the replacement job is DIY'able or how much honda charge to replace it?

Pumped
07-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Its very easy to get at, Should be able to get the bulb from any auto store i imagine

Crapdaz
07-04-2008, 10:32 AM
yeh i know that, was just wondering what type of bulb e.g map lights are festoons, front door lights uses wedges... if anyone could help advise me on the specific type of bulb or what part no you changed to would help.

thanks, daz

Dru42
07-04-2008, 01:32 PM
my passenger one is out... help be great....

exISeuro
07-04-2008, 03:04 PM
passenger light out
driver's side doesn't operate on high setting anymore, low is ok.

ABS121
07-04-2008, 03:28 PM
umm no, its not a standard bulb, you will have to get it from honda, if you go to parts they will know what your after, you need to tell them if its the orange or white bulb thats out.

cost is somewhere around the $10 to $17.50 mark, yes that expensive. its the size of a tic-tac.

as for installation, yes its a do it yourself, just make sure you have the lights off when you do it, to remove / install the bulb you need to use a flat head screwdriver and if connection is live when you screw it in you'll burn the bulb out as you install it (reason being the flat head will close the cuircut on the +/- terminals)

tony1234
07-04-2008, 04:02 PM
umm no, its not a standard bulb, you will have to get it from honda, if you go to parts they will know what your after, you need to tell them if its the orange or white bulb thats out.

cost is somewhere around the $10 to $17.50 mark, yes that expensive. its the size of a tic-tac.

as for installation, yes its a do it yourself, just make sure you have the lights off when you do it, to remove / install the bulb you need to use a flat head screwdriver and if connection is live when you screw it in you'll burn the bulb out as you install it (reason being the flat head will close the cuircut on the +/- terminals)
You sound like you're speaking from experience.:)

ABS121
07-04-2008, 04:20 PM
You sound like you're speaking from experience.:)

How did you guess....

tron07
07-04-2008, 04:31 PM
bulbs are standard.... I doubt honda will manufacture a special bulb for the car

Crapdaz
07-04-2008, 05:53 PM
rofl ABS121 thanks for your technical reply, but yeh i know that already about burning it out. yeh i agree with tron why would it be a non standard bulb why waste the money to design something that is unique.

traumatized
07-04-2008, 06:05 PM
guess this is a silly question as i have never noticed this before but does the seat warmers have the orange light and also a white backlight on a 03 model euro?

i know my sunroof white backlight is out and might go and get a replacement bulb for it soon so if the seat warmer buttons also have a white backlight i might as well do it in one go.

ABS121
07-04-2008, 07:25 PM
rofl ABS121 thanks for your technical reply, but yeh i know that already about burning it out. yeh i agree with tron why would it be a non standard bulb why waste the money to design something that is unique.

i had 4 burn out on me and i looked everywhere, believe me when i say, i looked hard to find after market ones, i didnt really want to pay $15 per globe.

they are a very unique design, ive never seen them before.

if anyone has seen them after market, id be more than happy to know where and what they are called, maybe one of the numerous honda employees on the forum.....

tron07
08-04-2008, 08:54 AM
i had 4 burn out on me and i looked everywhere, believe me when i say, i looked hard to find after market ones, i didnt really want to pay $15 per globe.

they are a very unique design, ive never seen them before.

if anyone has seen them after market, id be more than happy to know where and what they are called, maybe one of the numerous honda employees on the forum.....

Can you take a photo of it and post it up?

traumatized
08-04-2008, 10:02 AM
guess this is a silly question as i have never noticed this before but does the seat warmers have the orange light and also a white backlight on a 03 model euro?

i know my sunroof white backlight is out and might go and get a replacement bulb for it soon so if the seat warmer buttons also have a white backlight i might as well do it in one go.

sorry but can i get confirmation of my above question also?

sameol3
26-04-2008, 06:35 PM
traumatized they are they same globe...they just have like a coloured plastic strip on them to change the colour... like wise i had the same problem with lights dying on me...those lights arent easy to obtain...ive tried alot of automobile stores without luck.... even Jaycar couldnt get them for me...i went DIY on LED instead... that way i change the colour when i want lol....and they are soo much cheaper..i mean 10 bux can get me like 20 LED's....there is a thread by EUR003act in the DIY section.. thats if ur interested...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71765&highlight=console