PDA

View Full Version : Some F1 Updates 5/9/04

LUD02C
05-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Jaguar might not be any more.
Rumor has it some people let it slip at Spa that Jaguar Racing will be transformed next year into a Ford-branded F1 Team.
Apparently a sponsor will buy 30% of the team (might be LG electronics)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
New F1 team in 2006.
DALLARA has put down a $80 million deposit to be in F1 by 2006 and has been head hunting some big people in the pit garage.
They aren't sure who is behind the project (sponsor wise) they believe it is between a Canadian company and a Russian company.

Giampaolo Dallara owner of Dallara played a huge role in Honda racing developments f1 prototype in 1999. He also builds chassis for Formula 3000 and Indy. Giampaolo is a former Ferrari engineer and been building race cars since 1970's.

They have had success in F1 in the early 90's with Sergio Rinland.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
British American Tobacco has offered Jenson a considerable amount of money for Jenson to stay with BAR Honda for 2005 and onwards. The money apparently covers the bonus money that BAR owes him and some extra well for the heck of it i spose.
If Button does have a contract for 2005 with BMW he can withdraw that contract and stay with 2005.

The case isn't going to be heard by the contract recognition board until next year which means, Jenson can't test with williams til next year giving Mark Webber a head start with the team and car.
Which also means that BAR can't sign anyone else until they are 100% certain with Button (which will be next year)

BAR have also been testing Enrique Bernoldi.

I'll try and keep people updated more and more.
Thank many websites and magazines for the information

Jason :wave:

bizee_1
06-09-2004, 04:52 AM
Thanks Jason :thumbsup:

Appreciate the update :)

jackosimm
06-09-2004, 01:23 PM
yeh thanks heaps for the F1 info its great!

Javed
06-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated! :)

LUD02C
06-09-2004, 04:24 PM
No worries,
I'll keep posting more and more when i find some out.

Jason :wave: