PDA

View Full Version : CD 5 accord Break warnning light question

xxx
08-04-2008, 10:59 AM
hi guys,
i am having this problem in my car.

after driving for a while, my break Lamp warnning light will come on in the dash board where the little car sign is. then the hand break light will come on, following by the ABS light. I have checked my break lights, and they are all working fine. could you please tell me how can i get rid off the warning lights.

thanks

Joeyboy
08-04-2008, 01:29 PM
u sure a taillight bulb hasnt blown? if no, then might just be electrical problem. i know that the ABS light coming on is a common problem with the CD5's. I had it on mine too and the previous owner took it to Honda to get it fixed.

tuppelo
08-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Check your break light on the rear windscreen..I had similar issue where it worked when I was checking them up but eventually one of the bulbs died...it was loosing connection when I was driving...most likely you can just replace them and issue should be sorted out.

Cheers.

FAT VTI
08-04-2008, 04:07 PM
agreed with above.
90% sure its ur lights mate.
check to make sure all the bulbs are actually twisted so they are interlocked.
heard a case of a cd5 whos light was only half in, so it only came into contact with the terminals every now and then, and ofcourse everytime he checked it it worked until he drove and got the warning symbols lol.
check sockets, check bulbs, prob replace em anyways, only cost u $4.

DeejCD5
09-04-2008, 10:45 AM
i had the same problem in mine. When i started the car and put my handbrake down the light wouldnt come off. then after about 30 seconds the abs warning light came on. Check your brake fluid, i had a leak and was running really low. After i topped it up all warning signs went away.

xxx
09-04-2008, 09:11 PM
thanks guys for the reply, just went to checked all the lights and its conections, seems all fine.

it's funny the warnning lamp only comes on after i start driving the car for a while, and it will stays on. but if i turn off the car, it will go off for a while and start again.

and i have checked my break fluid, it's full as well.

any more sugesstions?

thanks

xxx
10-04-2008, 07:19 PM
problem solved, one of my break light broke finally. something simple, thanks so much for all the help.

luke_89
05-06-2008, 06:50 PM
definitely brake lights i have the same problem in my 87 accord as the previous owner took the parcel shelf brake light out so some times it will turn off mainly while in the maccas line and stay on until i turn the car on an off for a minuete or so

skyflyer
07-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah I think this is a common problem. Use the search function, this has been discussed multiple times. I myself had this problem before and found out to be the loose connection.

VTi_b0i
07-06-2008, 01:24 PM
my 88 accord does this too... minus the ABS light... it tells me ive got a brake light out, then when i turn the car off, and come back its not on anymore