PDA

View Full Version : airbag suspension

daniel2453_
08-04-2008, 12:08 PM
im thinking about getting airbags 4 my ek, my car has some good suspension and handling bits but i want it 2 be lower, how does airbag suspension affect handling? can i leave my coilovers on?

SiReal
08-04-2008, 08:02 PM
perhaps you should do a little research first. It seems you don't really understand the absolute basics ;)

To sum it up, airbags are a replacement system. So you loose your existing setup for his new setup.

If you have coilovers, then they should be able to height adjust.

destrukshn
08-04-2008, 08:20 PM
perhaps you should do a little research first. It seems you don't really understand the absolute basics ;)

To sum it up, airbags are a replacement system. So you loose your existing setup for his new setup.

If you have coilovers, then they should be able to height adjust.
if he has height adjustable coil-overs then he can adjust the height.

but either way, you lose your coil-over setup over all, and it all gets replaced.
i recall a company saying they're air suspension was track proven, but i somewhat doubt it would be that great compared to a actual decent adjustable coil-over set up.

air bag suspension is really only for show, not much more, it does improve handling a bit, but nothing major, but may also depend on what setup/brand you get i guess as well.

daniel2453_
08-04-2008, 10:27 PM
i just read somewere that airbags didnt replace your suspension set up so i got a little confused

rpm boy
11-04-2008, 01:05 PM
You dont need springs when you have airbags cause the rubber donuts (tecnical term) that the air inflates into acts as the spring so u wouldnt be able to use the coil overs... possibly normal struts but i doubt it

aaronng
11-04-2008, 01:14 PM
You dont need springs when you have airbags cause the rubber donuts (tecnical term) that the air inflates into acts as the spring so u wouldnt be able to use the coil overs... possibly normal struts but i doubt it

You are referring to airbag sleeves, which like coilover sleeves, are not road legal. Go for full airbag suspension, where the airbag and damper comes in 1 piece.