PDA

View Full Version : Cold engine gear change problem

EUR003act
08-04-2008, 09:11 PM
hey guys,

in the last week or so ive noticed that early in the morning when the engine is very cold that when i change from 1st-2nd, 2-3rd, 3rd-4th, etc, the as i push in the clutch and it disengages there is a audible clanking and slight knocking feel in the pedal... it only does it when its very cold, and is not a problem after a min or so of driving...

anyone else had this problem or know what it may be?

thanks

ig3o
09-04-2008, 01:35 AM
in the cold mornings i find it hard 2 put it in2 gear aswell..

ZamueL
14-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Mine is the same. the other morning i had to give it a boot to get it into second.
has had a hard last few K's but cant figure out what is causing it.

Darkii_
14-04-2008, 09:49 PM
when cold my pedal feels like its kinda vibrating when i release the clutch, it goes away after a bit of driving also. Although i just drove it and after 20mins it still had the vibration going through the clutch pedal. 10,000km service coming up will get it checked and let you guys know what they say.

^__^ SM ^__^
14-04-2008, 10:13 PM
when cold the auto also sluggish in changing gears. requires higher revs before it changes.

biee2
15-04-2008, 08:29 PM
i get that too....i leave about 6 in the morning when its freezing and yeah i get that gear problem....i just take it easy until the engine heats up

sometimes i can also hear my gears shift...it makes lik a click when its engaged, dont kno if its a good thing or not....any one got any ideas?

EUR003act
16-04-2008, 11:52 AM
i think you guys are having a different problem to mine.

its not clanking going into gear, or difficult to change gears. its when i push in the clutch that it clanks...

anyway, ive fixed the problem. i removed my ingalls engine torque damper, and now theres no clanking! on closer inspection of the torque damper, the pneumatic fluid seems to have leaked from the shock, hence why it wouldve been knocking :(

aaronng
16-04-2008, 11:56 AM
i think you guys are having a different problem to mine.

its not clanking going into gear, or difficult to change gears. its when i push in the clutch that it clanks...

anyway, ive fixed the problem. i removed my ingalls engine torque damper, and now theres no clanking! on closer inspection of the torque damper, the pneumatic fluid seems to have leaked from the shock, hence why it wouldve been knocking :(

Same problem here. Torque damper problem.. Time to buy an elastomer damper rather than fluid damper.

EGB18CT
16-04-2008, 12:10 PM
i get this stiff gear change in our new vtis manual jazz, its a pia when cold when it was new u would almost have to force it in, aparently its normal? just now when its cold its still a bit hard to wack into 2nd...