PDA

View Full Version : B.C. Racing Coilover

.QD
08-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey All, just wondering if anyone have these installed and can provide any info or feedback. If they are any good. How they compare to other major brands.

Would like to lower my car (Accord Euro) but do not want to loose the ride comfort and so on. Can get these for $1850 supplied and fitted.

Thanks.

kongfu
08-04-2008, 10:08 PM
B.C is made in Taiwan. The quality is alright. My friend's EURO got it and been using for 2 years so far so good!

Contact your nearest distributor for pricing. My friend bought from OTR in Melb.

jords
08-04-2008, 10:31 PM
ive heard bad things

Riced_Civic
09-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Have them on 3 different cars with out a problem for neary 3 yrs.

JasonGilholme
09-04-2008, 08:49 AM
be prepared to loose the ride comfort of the stock euro.

enkay
09-04-2008, 09:04 AM
well from the buddyclub.com.au site the spring rates of the n+ and racing spec are the same hmm
but i guess the RS is more for track.
what are you trying to achieve?
if its just for lowering mayb the n+ would be a better choice as its cheaper
there are also other brans like tien they are good too.
as from what ive heard from other euro owners with the n+ (havent heard any1 with RS ones on) is that the ride confort isnt compromised that bad and still rides a bit more stiffer than stock? not 100% sure since i aint got coilovers on my car hehe

.QD
09-04-2008, 10:21 AM
well from the buddyclub.com.au site the spring rates of the n+ and racing spec are the same hmm
but i guess the RS is more for track.
what are you trying to achieve?
if its just for lowering mayb the n+ would be a better choice as its cheaper
there are also other brans like tien they are good too.
as from what ive heard from other euro owners with the n+ (havent heard any1 with RS ones on) is that the ride confort isnt compromised that bad and still rides a bit more stiffer than stock? not 100% sure since i aint got coilovers on my car hehe

Main thing Im trying to achieve is to fit new set of wheels and lower the car and not kill the ride comfort. I mean the standard suspension is pretty soft so I wouldnt mind if it was a bit stiffer, but at the same time dont want to be trying to avoid every bump on the road.

SiReal
09-04-2008, 12:13 PM
enkay, dont get Buddyclub confused with BC racing (BorChuann Racing).

I suspect these are all mass produced and pumped out from the same factory as D2, G4, potentially Ksport . aswell.

yakuza
11-04-2008, 12:48 PM
ya, u guys talking about BC or Buddyclub?
Confused...

aaronng
11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
$1850 for BC is a ripoff... Might as well get Buddyclub N+ for $1600 and then get it installed for $250.

Chi
11-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Id rather get 2-3 year old used jdm branded coilovers than BC lol.

EKVTIR-T
11-04-2008, 01:18 PM
$1850 for BC is a ripoff... Might as well get Buddyclub N+ for $1600 and then get it installed for $250.

Yes ive seen the BC for around that price range.

I can't understand how they can justify the price difference from the like's of D2,G4,Ksport etc.

_FeRiO_
11-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I've actually got a set on my em1. on the softest setting, its only a tad harsher than stock. good for everyday use. but once adjusted, it's fairly firm. I've done drag and track with these, no problems so far.

in saying that, i've had no experience with other coilies, so i can't do any comparisions.

ricki_kalsi
11-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Rather make your coilovers out of Wood, and leaves... they will last longer.

.QD
11-04-2008, 11:11 PM
thanx for the feedback guys. btw it's B.C. not Buddy Club.

Sir_vtec
12-04-2008, 01:36 AM
for such a expensive and new car like a euro. dont cheap out on suspension man, either buy quality and reputable ones or just stick with stock.

Riced_Civic
13-04-2008, 10:24 PM
i dont see a problem with them after 2 yrs ive used em

JohnL
14-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Koni yellows + springs of your choice to suit your purpose (i.e. rate / height). Nothing else will be nearly as good for the $, and certainly not typical 'coil-overs'...

Read this: http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html

.QD
14-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. My options are Buddyclub N+, Tein SS or Tein CS. Thats whats in consideration atm.

aaronng
14-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Do you want comfort or stiff?

.QD
14-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Wouldnt mind if the suspension was a bit stiffer/firmer than the factory suspension yet still be comfortable. Will be sticking with the stock 17" wheels for now, so I'd like to get rid of the gap between the tyre and wheel arch. Thats about 2.5-3" drop I think...

My last car was lowered, just springs, 2.5" low (Kings) so would it be safe to say that coilovers would be a much more comfortable ride compared to just lowered springs and stock shocks?

Do you want comfort or stiff?

aaronng
14-04-2008, 11:53 PM
My last car was lowered, just springs, 2.5" low (Kings) so would it be safe to say that coilovers would be a much more comfortable ride compared to just lowered springs and stock shocks?

No, it is not safe to say that. Not with something like Buddyclub N+. You'd best stick to SS or CS. I prefer CS, but it might be too expensive.

.QD
15-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Thanks mate. Yeah, got a quote today for CS, $2900 supplied only.

jdm_kid
15-04-2008, 04:31 AM
ive heard bad things

when you heard bad things, why dont you share? lol

EK4R
15-04-2008, 05:17 AM
u've heard bad things from a guy who heard from another guy?

half the people havn't had real experience with it on their cars

might seen it pop or break but it could be due to the driver also :)

JohnL
15-04-2008, 11:21 AM
My options are Buddyclub N+, Tein SS or Tein CS. Thats whats in consideration atm.

Why? Because they are 'coil-overs', and not 'shocks / springs'? Because your mates have them? Because they look nice? Because they are 'cool'?

Don't fall in love with the sexy exterior of a typical 'coil-over' unit, that's usually where most of the $s have been spent, i.e. to make them look pretty! Despite looking nice such 'coil-overs' are usually pretty ordinary and a triumph of marketing over substance.

Being 'coil-overs' doesn't make such products better than a top quality damper paired with an appropriate spring, and certainly not at the outrageous price you mention for the Tein CS 'coil-overs' (i.e. $2900, comparison; Koni dampers X 4 = approx $1000, and good springs X 4 = way less than $1000).

Did you read that article?

SiReal
15-04-2008, 11:24 AM
having height adjustability is awesome - i bought koni shocks and have been through 3 sets of springs. its still not right but i cannot justify spending more money on suspension.

so, if i got coilover sleeved springs (like GC Sleeves) or coilovers, then i could've avoided all this headache.

aaronng
15-04-2008, 11:27 AM
If you don't need height adjustability, I'd go for Eibach+Bilsteins. They are shitloads more comfortable than Tein SS, yet performs just as good if not better.

aaronng
15-04-2008, 11:27 AM
having height adjustability is awesome - i bought koni shocks and have been through 3 sets of springs. its still not right but i cannot justify spending more money on suspension.

so, if i got coilover sleeved springs (like GC Sleeves) or coilovers, then i could've avoided all this headache.

I'm not picky, I haven't adjusted my height since I got mine installed in.

JohnL
15-04-2008, 04:18 PM
If you don't need height adjustability, I'd go for Eibach+Bilsteins. They are shitloads more comfortable than Tein SS, yet performs just as good if not better.

That's because they are very high quality suspension components, as opposed to ... 'coil-overs'.

jords
16-04-2008, 12:16 PM
when you heard bad things, why dont you share? lol

Ive heard that they are Taiwanese made and and mass produced, quality is not good. Some last for years and others fail after months, no constancy in the product, you cannot have them repaired like tein and Buddy Club.

.QD
16-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Just wondering, are the Buddyclub coilover redeveloped/revalved (if thats the term) for Australian conditions like the Tein you get from Fulcrum/fulcrum tein reseller/distributor?

isami
22-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Reviving and old thread.

Does anyone know of any stockists/suppliers of BC (Bor Chuann not BuddyClub) Racing BR coilovers in Melbourne?

If not, where did you Melb BC owners get your set from?

rk 86 wa
23-10-2009, 03:36 AM
Look overseas, i bought mine for 600$ 2nd hand from singapore including delivery, an intake and a spoon gear knob rofl.

As for a review... I have done a lot of track work on them from motokhanas, sprints and circuit and...

Pros:

- cheap
- replacement bodys are 99$ us lols
- for entry level motor sports pretty good
- cheap
- cheap lol
- Last a fair while, if the guy i bought it off wasnt lying, he had put on a tad over 30,000km of track work before I bought them, and after installing them on my fd, I put on another 30-35,000km of daily/track mileage. The first to go was the damper adjustment which siezed up on 3/4 coilovers. Followed closely was a blown rear cylinder.
- good on smooth surfaces

Cons:
- reliability
- support in aus, (no one will rebuild)
- dust boots died in the ass fairly quickly
- the coilovers are harsh as fk for daily driving, particularly on hill climbs on uneven surfaces, makes the car sketch as hell.
- no camber adjustment (dunno about the revision)

im sure there are a few more things that ive missed out on but that gives you a general idea.

all in all, 1850 for a set is a rip off and a half! I probably woudnt go back to BC unless I was really really in the sh*ts with funds.

Riced_Civic
27-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Reviving and old thread.

Does anyone know of any stockists/suppliers of BC (Bor Chuann not BuddyClub) Racing BR coilovers in Melbourne?

If not, where did you Melb BC owners get your set from?

On the Run Motorsports In Clayton

kccord
27-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Hey All, just wondering if anyone have these installed and can provide any info or feedback. If they are any good. How they compare to other major brands.

Would like to lower my car (Accord Euro) but do not want to loose the ride comfort and so on. Can get these for $1850 supplied and fitted.

Thanks.

Don't get things wrong. BC BR series (the new gold ones) are excellent, had it in my car for half a year and it's like a dream. If you get the older version (purple ones) they're prone to leak just like any other G4 or D2 crap.

Height Adjustbility - very good, took me 15 mins/side to increase the height of my car to pass pits
Ride stiffness - 20F and 20R is great for normal/hard street use.
Quality - packaging was great, fitment was no hassle and direct, no leaks.

$1800?? you better shop around. I can get this supplied and delivered to you in 4 working days (back at 4 months ago) for only $1300, shame there wasn't much interest. Even whole sale suspension (OZ dealer) goes out for $1500

stevanbonic
02-11-2009, 12:28 AM
ive had Bc racing coilovers on my type s for 4 months now and havnt had a problem. i got mine for 1700 installed. the bc racing model is actually based on tein flex coilovers, this model was started by the owner of wholesale suspension in blacktown who sought to have a good quality coilover aimed at our market without the comparably rediculous price of some japanese brands. i stand by them, they provide a nice ride on full soft and firm up well when set to 2/3 stiff.
once more they have a 1 year warranty and wholesale suspension provide full replacement parts and rebuilding upon inspection. gluck fixing buddyclubs you buy from overseas as easily!

rk 86 wa
02-11-2009, 01:37 AM
you guys paid far too much im sorry to say :(

blabla
03-11-2009, 01:57 PM
ive had Bc racing coilovers on my type s for 4 months now and havnt had a problem. i got mine for 1700 installed. the bc racing model is actually based on tein flex coilovers, this model was started by the owner of wholesale suspension in blacktown who sought to have a good quality coilover aimed at our market without the comparably rediculous price of some japanese brands. i stand by them, they provide a nice ride on full soft and firm up well when set to 2/3 stiff.
once more they have a 1 year warranty and wholesale suspension provide full replacement parts and rebuilding upon inspection. gluck fixing buddyclubs you buy from overseas as easily!

Which series where they? VA series coz thats what wholesale sussy are saying they can supply and fit ye i have been priced the same fitted, height adjusted, and wheel aligned front to rear $1700.

http://www.bcracing.co.nz/index.php?/Product-Function/va-design.html (NZ WEBSITE)

http://www.bc-racing.com.au/products.html (AUS WEBSITE)

stevanbonic
03-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Which series where they? VA series coz thats what wholesale sussy are saying they can supply and fit ye i have been priced the same fitted, height adjusted, and wheel aligned front to rear $1700.

http://www.bcracing.co.nz/index.php?/Product-Function/va-design.html (NZ WEBSITE)

http://www.bc-racing.com.au/products.html (AUS WEBSITE)

thats a good price mate, i paid 1780 for sussy install and alignment. yeh i have the va series from wholesale in blacktown

EK57SY
01-02-2010, 12:34 PM
http://www.i-club.com/forums/vbarticles.php?do=article&articleid=10

a review i found on BC BR coilovers for a STi

string
01-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Ride stiffness - 20F and 20R is great for normal/hard street use

Is this an error? Those are race-car spring rates, not something you'd run on a car that sees regular street driving. No wonder people complain about harshness. Get a real damper and enjoy softer springs.

Riced_Civic
01-02-2010, 04:27 PM
real damper????

thats just his personal settings

chargeR
01-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Is this an error? Those are race-car spring rates, not something you'd run on a car that sees regular street driving. No wonder people complain about harshness. Get a real damper and enjoy softer springs.

I believe he is talking about damper settings, as in 20 from soft out of the many available clicks ;). I have turned the knobs on my BCs (the crappier V1s and no I didn't put them near my Honda) and I can't tell the difference, I noticed more difference from tyre pressure changes.

string
01-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm glad I misinterpreted the numbers. Regardless, the damper adjustment is not there to control comfort, it's there so you can get the right damping for your specific spring (for which your damper would have been made for a variety of rates). Regularly adjusting your knobs if a sure-fire way to a poor handling car.

ceedeefive
01-02-2010, 07:47 PM
ive just got B.C's on my accord, direct fit, and feel awesome at the moment, but only time will tell like everything else,
people that say ive heard things without actually having these things on there cars dont need to be posting in here, they have been revised now and the quality seems soo much better than the previous B.C's ive seen and fitted/used before, im hopeing it was $1300 well spent, im oretty sure it will be,
you can get them from a mob in sydney i dont know if i can post there name on here so if you wanna know pm me or if a mod tells me i can post there name on here i will!

rk 86 wa
02-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Again from personal experience, 1300$ is probably too much for the BC's.

I spent under 600$ to get mine shipped to my house and even then the head ache a year (30,000km) later when the shocks blew out, coupled with seizing adjustment knobs was definately not worth it when I reflect back now.

Personally i'd sell them and spend the extra couple of hundred to get a reliable set.

If it is for the purposes for track, i also withdraw my statement of suggesting the BC as a decent entry level as back then I had no idea the difference that a reliable tuned set up could make.

burak213
02-02-2010, 03:09 PM
I installed a set of BC Coilovers BR series to my type S

It has been 3 months since i had it

and here is my thoughts

once installed i had it on soft. maybe 10 clicks from soft.

the ride was bouncy but not harsh as expected. felt like stock to be honest.

after a few weeks i put it to 15 from soft. and it was much more noticeable felt every bump and pothole. but i actually liked having the harsh ride since it was my weekend car and i use to frequent to natio park.

few weeks ago i set it back to 12 and to be honest its perfect ride. the coils are most likely settled in so having it softer is actually still firm and not too bad

there is less body roll and it handles like its on rails now. can push the car into corners at much more speed.

i rate this 8/10
a must for any car enthusiast who doesnt want to spend too much on coils.

Rudy
02-02-2010, 03:37 PM

I spent under 600$ to get mine shipped to my house and even then the head ache a year (30,000km) later when the shocks blew out, coupled with seizing adjustment knobs was definately not worth it when I reflect back now.

Personally i'd sell them and spend the extra couple of hundred to get a reliable set.

If it is for the purposes for track, i also withdraw my statement of suggesting the BC as a decent entry level as back then I had no idea the difference that a reliable tuned set up could make.

Where did you get it for 600 shipped?

Riced_Civic
02-02-2010, 04:01 PM

$600!!!

wow thats cheap. wow u must of have a really bad set for that to happen to them.

have mine for 5 years and a plenty of track days and havent had any problem with them at all.

CB7_OWNER
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
The revised BC Racing Gold BR Sets are the new and much much better quality.. There was alot of shit about the old black ( V1) series.. But the gold ones, have only seen good reviews..
There are reviews on ek9.org. , and jdmst in relation to hondas.

Riced_Civic
02-02-2010, 06:23 PM
yeah had the BR's when they were 1st developed, very good for daily and track.

trentd
10-02-2010, 11:52 AM
I've had mine on for about a year now and i love them. i drove them on full hard for about 6 months but got over the bumpy ride. got them in about the middle and there perfect.
Doesn't take much effort to turn a corner fast anymore.
The good thing is the car holds its speed around the corners.
I was going ridicolously fast around this corner and car wanted to go faster around the corner with the coilovers but it was my brain telling me its shitting itself and to slow down.
So if you want decent coilovers that will make you back out before they do then go the BC's.

rk 86 wa
11-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Sorry to all those who had asked,

It was 600$ 2nd hand from a singapore based forum when our aussie dollar was good.

trentd
11-02-2010, 04:01 PM
another good thing about the bc coilovers is that there easy to fit.

rk 86 wa
12-02-2010, 01:27 AM
lol they are almost the same as any other coilover for your car to fit.

trentd
12-02-2010, 08:31 AM
lol i know that, but when i was putting them on everything was going right, which makes me like them more lol

iced
12-02-2010, 11:01 AM
I installed a set of BC Coilovers BR series to my type S

It has been 3 months since i had it

and here is my thoughts

once installed i had it on soft. maybe 10 clicks from soft.

the ride was bouncy but not harsh as expected. felt like stock to be honest.

after a few weeks i put it to 15 from soft. and it was much more noticeable felt every bump and pothole. but i actually liked having the harsh ride since it was my weekend car and i use to frequent to natio park.

few weeks ago i set it back to 12 and to be honest its perfect ride. the coils are most likely settled in so having it softer is actually still firm and not too bad

there is less body roll and it handles like its on rails now. can push the car into corners at much more speed.

i rate this 8/10
a must for any car enthusiast who doesnt want to spend too much on coils.

Glad you are still enjoying them Burak.

On a sidenote, did Tommy get a new car yet?

burak213
12-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Glad you are still enjoying them Burak.

On a sidenote, did Tommy get a new car yet?

nah his not looking for one anymore

looking for a house these days haha

Zimp13
13-02-2010, 03:00 AM
i ve tried koni shocks + aftermarket springs, apex'i coilover, tein coilover, hks coilover, eibach spring, bc old model and the current gold one.

i would say the best one would either be the apex'i or the bc gold series in the aspect of handling and comfort ride. a lot of the japanese brands coilovers are also made in taiwan anyway......

CB7_OWNER
17-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Guys, how do you remove the adjustment knob on the the BC coilovers? i need to tighten the top nut. its a tad loose

rk 86 wa
23-02-2010, 10:22 AM
depending on the variant, the first gen bc were just elongated allen keys so just pull them out if you have the purple bc's

unluvedboi
03-03-2010, 08:30 PM
hey guys, noob questions.

Got some Gold BC Coilovers for the s2k and was wondering how many clicks front and rear should I do? The maximum stiffness of clicks is 30.

I was thinking 20 front and 25 rear for every day driving.

Sorry about the noobness =]

Also, whats the advantages over stiffer and softer.. (ie - 15 front and 20 clicks rear )

Riced_Civic
04-03-2010, 09:12 AM
lol thats so high, leave it at about 10 and 14 itll be alot more comfortable

unluvedboi
04-03-2010, 10:51 AM
oh wow! what was I thinking, thanks for that buddy =D

whats the advantages of stiff to soft..?

I want something comfortable so I'll take your advice haha

BlitZ
04-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Boc Choi racing

Riced_Civic
04-03-2010, 04:12 PM
^^^^ never heard that b4 is that what ur running. LOL

Waternmo
04-03-2010, 10:57 PM
comfort doesnt really relate to how many clicks u turn the damper adjustment, u still need to match it with the spring rate, i recommend you to test it out as many times as possible to get to the right settings, coz somtimes, depending on spring rate, 20 clicks or 25 clicks can be comfortable due to lower rebound rate by the spring.

BlitZ
05-03-2010, 12:25 PM

yeah man.. boc choi racing.. its green and looks like teins:thumbsup:

cracks 1:12s at wakie with oem setup

AsHw3e
06-04-2010, 08:02 PM

lmaooo! u just made me choke on my coffee LOL!

funny kid. (Y)

Dems
06-04-2010, 11:05 PM
lmaooo! u just made me choke on my coffee LOL!

funny kid. (Y)

it's too late to be drinking coffee ash!

KenBoy
09-04-2010, 12:44 AM
hey so i know BR series are good. how about the new V1 series?
the black and red ones..
and 1800 are way too expensive..

Riced_Civic
11-04-2010, 12:41 PM
the V1 are the old model the BR is the new model, also the new ER series was out a few months back ill be using them on my Project car.

KenBoy
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
yeh but they have v1 series for fn2 only..
so i guess i have to opt for something else or wait and see if they will bring out br series for the fn2

trentd
14-04-2010, 10:01 AM
love the bc's!

Riced_Civic
14-04-2010, 12:11 PM
yeh but they have v1 series for fn2 only..
so i guess i have to opt for something else or wait and see if they will bring out br series for the fn2

as far as i know theres a BR series for ur car as it states on their web site

MRK20CRX
14-04-2010, 12:30 PM
i ve tried koni shocks + aftermarket springs, apex'i coilover, tein coilover, hks coilover, eibach spring, bc old model and the current gold one.

i would say the best one would either be the apex'i or the bc gold series in the aspect of handling and comfort ride. a lot of the japanese brands coilovers are also made in taiwan anyway......

I've had a ride with all of those setups, but nothing compares to my Cusco Zero 2, they are they best i've driven with, stff on the stiffest, soft on the softest, but doesnt affect performance. And they don't muck around with 30, 32,34,36 way damper adjustability. You figure out most of the cheaper less quality built coilovers have too much to adjust which makes it confusing. Something simple and user friendly like Cusco and Zeals only have 4 or 5 damper adjustability.

AsHw3e
15-04-2010, 10:18 PM
it's too late to be drinking coffee ash!

lol never too late to be drinking coffee :)

AsHw3e
15-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Hey guys,

I just installed my BC coilovers this morning. Took if for a drive after washing the car (just normal driving, not spirit driving) and Im having weird knocking sounds coming from the front right side. Not 100% sure if there suppose to be like that until they wear in or...? I adjusted it to 12 clicks from softest. It feels like the wheel is going to come off or something. Really annoying.. If anyone has had the same problem would be much appreciated if you could help me out. There BR series btw.

thanks.

Silverstone
15-04-2010, 10:42 PM
first of all make sure you have bolted them on properly and tightly

MRK20CRX
16-04-2010, 12:10 PM
did you figure out what the problem is yet? Check all bolts are torqued up nicely and that the shock is in position and nothing is loose on the shock body. Knocking for me would probably be your front fork hitting the driveshaft??

AsHw3e
16-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Hey guys thanks for the comment back. I took it back to the mechanic who did it and found out that my strut brace was a tad loose. Weird coz we checked it last night seemed like it was on properly. Guess that part slipped out.. all goods now tho. Dont have to worry anymore :) .. other then that the coilovers are very good for its price. 1st set ive purchased and its exactly how i wanted it to be.

thanks again guys :D

ashw3e

KenBoy
21-04-2010, 05:44 AM
as far as i know theres a BR series for ur car as it states on their web site

oh really. lol
is it okay if you pm me the link. because ive been trying to find it for a long time and haven't seen that there is BR series for my car..
cheers

erorxxx
09-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey guys thanks for the comment back. I took it back to the mechanic who did it and found out that my strut brace was a tad loose. Weird coz we checked it last night seemed like it was on properly. Guess that part slipped out.. all goods now tho. Dont have to worry anymore :) .. other then that the coilovers are very good for its price. 1st set ive purchased and its exactly how i wanted it to be.

thanks again guys :D

ashw3e

Hi i jsut installed BC coilover on saturday and got same problem as ashwe and I read above comment from ashwe not quite sure what i need to doe with strut brace ?? can anyone explain to me more details thankss?

bry
10-05-2010, 01:45 AM
^ make sure where the strut brace bolts on is tight, also check that the main nut on the shock body is tight (the one visible from engine bay, below the damper knob), these are usually tightened with a rattle gun but if you don't have one you can place a wrench/shifter on there to stop the shock from spinning as you tighten the nut. If this doesn't help check that everything else is tight too!

I've had BC's (BR spec) in my old 180, and have some in my current S14, both used for drifting/hills driving with a bit of street driving and I love them. They are quite comfy (run on nearly full soft for street, about 2/3 stiff for track or hills) and don't bounce around like plenty of other coilover's I've used. Haven't had any problems at all apart from one of the lower brackets being incorrect when I bought them, minor issue and was easily fixed.

For an entry level coilover they are great value, and wouldn't bother buying alot of other stuff (I've had new JIC's, buddy clubs, Greddy type S) over these especially for car that's not very serious. For something a bit higher end I would go with Silkroad/Section RM-A8 or Tein Monoflex before thinking about going with high end bilsteins.. but then we are talking $4k+

success
21-05-2010, 02:40 PM
hey just wondering, if i get the BC BR coilovers will i need to get a camber adjustment kit?

burak213
21-05-2010, 02:57 PM
hey just wondering, if i get the BC BR coilovers will i need to get a camber adjustment kit?

nah you wont need one.
only get one if you go substantially low

success
21-05-2010, 03:34 PM
thanks for the quick reply !

blabla
23-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Can someone explain what the difference is between the br series and the v1 series. Thanks

stevanbonic
23-05-2010, 07:16 PM
hey guys i had bc v1's in my dc5 for about a year now and the front right coilover clicks like a pen constantly whenever i go over a bump in the road. sound is coming from the top of the coilover near the dash and it annoys the **** out of me. when i had the camber changed on the front it went away for a while and now its back loud as ever...................neone know wtf is the problem?

Riced_Civic
23-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Can someone explain what the difference is between the br series and the v1 series. Thanks

its a newer model it porb uses different materials in the struts and springs, also available with top hats

ekk99
23-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Yep got a set of Buddyclub N+ from jdm yard for $1600 best u can get for that price range

Riced_Civic
24-05-2010, 09:09 AM
$1850 that is expensive for BCs V1 or BR but for the ER model its an ok price.

blabla
24-05-2010, 01:29 PM
v1 $1199 from justjap or 1299 for the br from the same place... What i want to know is, are the dampers on the v1 softer then the br? i am aware that the spring rates are the same... Also am aware that wholsesussy cant get the br series....

Riced_Civic
24-05-2010, 05:08 PM
they prob are different, they prob also made of different material and made in a different process

rk 86 wa
24-05-2010, 05:20 PM
hey guys i had bc v1's in my dc5 for about a year now and the front right coilover clicks like a pen constantly whenever i go over a bump in the road. sound is coming from the top of the coilover near the dash and it annoys the **** out of me. when i had the camber changed on the front it went away for a while and now its back loud as ever...................neone know wtf is the problem?

Pull off the wheel and check the positions of the sleeves i.e if there is a space between them which may cause slapping.

Alternately look in the engine bay and see if the top nut that holds the shock captive is loose.

Check all the bolts connecting to points of the sussy and make sure they are tight.

If you have had a look and have no idea, check other aspects of the vehicle suspension/hub/driveshafts/cvs etc.

HondaLva
15-06-2010, 10:03 PM
These are getting really good reviews! I'm thinkin about getting a set. Anyone rockin em on a DC2??? Thoughts pls

sakitumi
15-06-2010, 11:21 PM
just wondering, are these good enough for daily and tracking 3-4 times a year?

AsHw3e
15-06-2010, 11:48 PM
^^ Very good for everyday driving :) .. tracking im not too sure because my car will never see the track but im sure they would be ok?

Riced_Civic
16-06-2010, 06:52 AM
just wondering, are these good enough for daily and tracking 3-4 times a year?

they are fine for tracking ive had them for ova 5 years and never had a problem to this date

burak213
16-06-2010, 10:03 AM
epic coilovers are epic.