PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Accord VTi Luxury....price?

stephen8512
09-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Hey guys
just curious as to what a good price may be for the new accord VTi lux?
parents thinking about getting one....
on the honda.com.au website it states that its from $36,490 RRP w/o dealer delivery and govt charges.....

but how much would you guys pay for the whole thing and what would be considered a good price including on road costs etc? cuz no one obviously pays RRP these days.....

dyljoy
09-04-2008, 03:59 PM
When i purchase my V6L, the dealer show me a list of price of new accord. VTI LUX shows its price as around 41k before nego. I think not much u can drop the price unless u know how to get a bargain.

dc2dc2dc2
09-04-2008, 04:02 PM
bring a vietnamese mum with you.
gauranteed to be standing there for 4 hours bargaining non stop.

aaronng
09-04-2008, 04:19 PM
General guide is RRP as your drive-away price. So that means get the dealer to cover rego, ctp and dealer delivery at their cost, plus extras like floor mats and all that for free.

dyljoy
09-04-2008, 04:38 PM
ya, if u can get that price as RRP, that u are very good at bargain!

NTGD
10-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I know you should be able to achieve at least $38,000 for the Vti Luxury, that's the car I initially go for, but now I got the V6 Luxury one instead and I pretty much paying the RRP as the driveaway price for my V6, I just pay a bit more for the window tinting in the end

dyljoy
10-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Woo, another new V6L owner, welcome!

NTGD
10-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Cheers!

I am waiting for the car at the moment, its on the production list to be put together in Thailand.............

dyljoy
10-04-2008, 04:20 PM
when will it arrival? and what is ur colour?

NTGD
10-04-2008, 04:25 PM
They can't give me a firm date, probably end of the month.

Colour is Polished Metal

dyljoy
10-04-2008, 04:30 PM
same as mine, good choice, haha

NTGD
10-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks!!! hahaha

oz_accord
11-04-2008, 09:40 AM
but how much would you guys pay for the whole thing and what would be considered a good price including on road costs etc? cuz no one obviously pays RRP these days.....

Had my Vti accord for 2 weeks now, and I think I pretty much got close to driveaway price consider it also includes tint, fog light, and reverse parking. The only thing I forgot to ask for is carpet matts which I ended up paying $150 for. It is important to decide on what options and acessories you want before bargain. They usually take you to another department after signing the contract for all the accessories and that where they try to get more $$ off you (esp the exterior and interior treatment for $800?!?!, in my opinion it makes no difference to the appearance of the car). Forgot to mention, you must ask for full tank petrol and have it on the contract (same goes with every other extras you asked). They frgot to have full tank for me on the day of delivery lucky I had it on the contract. We drove to fill it up and costs $70 to fill 3/4 of tank.

It really depends on who you talk to. I have been to 4 Honda dealers and you can really tell who wants your business and who doesnt. One dealer (30km from my home but I happen to be in the area that day) ask me if I can come back another day and they are not even busy!! (its Thursday afternoon, day before easter), and he was suppose to call me back but never happened. So I went to another dealer and got the deal on the very same day.

I guess it all depends how much stock they have left and whther they are reaching their monthly target. I havent seen a lot of New Accord on the road but appearantly the sales told me most of Accord he sold are V6 and there is a bit of waiting now for it. So I guess you can bargain harder for the Vti. Especially for the luxury version which in my opinion $6500 extra for leather trim/sunroof/extra air bags is a bit too much. Try $6000 or lower as you starting point.

Hope this helps and good luck:thumbsup:

dyljoy
11-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Good opinion~

SPQR
14-04-2008, 09:13 PM
...They usually take you to another department after signing the contract for all the accessories and that where they try to get more $$ off you....

I would not buy those dealer accessory things like paint and interior protection, Honda body kits, Honda grilles, etc as such things have been shown (in consumer magazines and motoring magazines) to be dealers' cream. Those sorts of things contribute extremely little to resale value. The average mug buying a second hand car wouldn't even know that the Honda accessory grille is somehow special and justification for you trying to get more money.

Even tinting is over priced from a dealer. And if Bluetooth remains the non-integrated thing that Honda insists on doing then you are better off getting aftermarket.

Tailored Honda floor mats are about the only thing I would consider getting.

dyljoy
14-04-2008, 09:30 PM
ya, agree, so when i got my accord, i just order the floor mat and get it for free.

stephen8512
14-04-2008, 11:00 PM
thanks everyone for your input

but upon closer inspection of the new accord....to put it bluntly i gotta say the styling sucks (no offence to any new accord owners) .... its just my personal preference...

i decided to get something european instead.... :D

dyljoy
14-04-2008, 11:38 PM
ya, from my first time to look at it, i think it is boring as well, but once u add-up the mugen kit, that will be difference story, and do not just focus on its looking, more attractive is its inside, comfort and huge room to stay in, it is good value for ur money when u compare with other european car around. anyway, let's know what ur final result of the target.

EuroBro
20-04-2008, 06:29 PM
I know you should be able to achieve at least $38,000 for the Vti Luxury, that's the car I initially go for, but now I got the V6 Luxury one instead and I pretty much paying the RRP as the driveaway price for my V6, I just pay a bit more for the window tinting in the end

Congrats on the new purchase. BTW, did I mention how much I loooove my new Accord v6-L???:p

dyljoy
20-04-2008, 06:37 PM
I love my new accord as well, bro!

etclam
21-04-2008, 12:49 AM
I would not buy those dealer accessory things like paint and interior protection, Honda body kits, Honda grilles, etc as such things have been shown (in consumer magazines and motoring magazines) to be dealers' cream. Those sorts of things contribute extremely little to resale value. The average mug buying a second hand car wouldn't even know that the Honda accessory grille is somehow special and justification for you trying to get more money.

Even tinting is over priced from a dealer. And if Bluetooth remains the non-integrated thing that Honda insists on doing then you are better off getting aftermarket.

Tailored Honda floor mats are about the only thing I would consider getting.

How about reverse camera? Does anyone know any aftermarket ones that can be install to the new VTi 08 accord?

dyljoy
21-04-2008, 10:05 AM
hi, u can find the aftermarket one from ebay, and if u have no confidence from ebay, u also can get them at local workshop, goodluck!

EuroBro
22-04-2008, 06:59 AM
I got the V6 Luxury for $42k driveaway

WOW! That's $9k less than RRP driveaway. I didn't realise dealers made that much margin. Man, you've got great negotiation skills - you should write a book!:D

Btw, Congrats on the new car!

SPQR
22-04-2008, 07:42 AM
WOW! That's $9k less than RRP driveaway. I didn't realise dealers made that much margin. Man, you've got great negotiation skills - you should write a book!:D

The margin on a car like the Commodore, Falcon, Accord etc (that size car) is around 25%. But, out of that the dealer must pay business overheads such as rent/loan repayments, salaries, electricity, land tax (in regressive/repressive political regimes) etc. However, on top of that margin there is also the so-called dealer delivery fee (the cream) as well as bonuses paid for the manufacturers for achieving or exceeding monthly (and probably half year and yearly) sales targets.

That is why you can get such big discounts. These types of discounts are not available in rural or regional areas where there is only one dealer for the brand of car you want. Hence, if you live in Darwin, you contact a dealer in Brisbane to get a $10,000 discount on a Toyota Landcruiser etc. But then you have the hassle of a non-cooperative local dealer who sneers at you when you need to make a warranty claim or get your car serviced.

dyljoy
22-04-2008, 11:03 AM
If you have a look the post in the past of Double_R, u would find this guy always say sth unreal...
here is what Double_R did at one of post in civic section, have a look!
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68496&page=66

alexp
18-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi Guys,

I have just got my 2008 Accord VTi Luxury with rear parking sensors for $36,000 drive away. Do you think it is a good deal?

Did anyone get better deal recently?

dyljoy
18-05-2008, 06:40 PM
It is a very good deal, mate! where did u locate btw?

EuroBro
20-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Congrats on the new car - excellent price!

bodaas
24-05-2008, 11:04 PM
i browsed around honda dealer this afternoon,

if i m not wrong they told me 34k driveaway

i m not sure which one it is? definately not the euro

dyljoy
24-05-2008, 11:20 PM
i think if this is normal price, it will be base model(2.4L)
am i wrong?

bbk
28-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi Guys,

I have just got my 2008 Accord VTi Luxury with rear parking sensors for $36,000 drive away. Do you think it is a good deal?

Did anyone get better deal recently?

I think it was a good deal (inclusive of window tinting and floor mats, I'd imagine).

I got mine for $36,550 mid April without the sensors ($37.2K with sensors) and this was when buying two cars (a Civic VTi-L for a friend of mine) in one transaction.

You're not gonna like this one, but another friend of mine has got a V6 Lux for $42K drive away up in Gold Coast (no freebies included). I think I might have gone for the V6 Lux if I knew that sort of price was a possibility.

dyljoy
28-05-2008, 11:52 AM
42k for V6 luxury? Oh, this is unbelievable price! Congratulation to ur frd!

bbk
28-05-2008, 11:57 AM
42k for V6 luxury? Oh, this is unbelievable price! Congratulation to ur frd!

Can I ask how much did you get yours for, dyljoy? (it may help me feel a bit better ;))

Have you got your door sill garnishes installed yet? Do they look alright (not too flashy)? I'll be getting mine installed this Friday. -$300

dyljoy
28-05-2008, 01:35 PM
hi, i got mine at 51k, and i am very first buyer to get the V6 Lux so not much space to bargain back to March of this yr. Ya, i have door garnishes thing, and my one with cool LED. Looks nice.

VTECH
29-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I think it was a good deal (inclusive of window tinting and floor mats, I'd imagine).

I got mine for $36,550 mid April without the sensors ($37.2K with sensors) and this was when buying two cars (a Civic VTi-L for a friend of mine) in one transaction.

You're not gonna like this one, but another friend of mine has got a V6 Lux for $42K drive away up in Gold Coast (no freebies included). I think I might have gone for the V6 Lux if I knew that sort of price was a possibility.

I have made some intial inquires into a V6 Lux, onroad price in NSW is $51,160, when I asked if there was any movement he said he could drop the dealer delivery costs of $1600. I thought that was good until I read 42k, surley that was a demo model? Is there that much movement in price already?

bbk
29-05-2008, 01:50 PM
I have made some intial inquires into a V6 Lux, onroad price in NSW is $51,160, when I asked if there was any movement he said he could drop the dealer delivery costs of $1600. I thought that was good until I read 42k, surley that was a demo model? Is there that much movement in price already?

For sure they can do much more than just dropping the dealer delivery charges, but I never thought that you can go that far below the RRP (if at all) for a car that has been around for only 2-3 months.

I don't think that it was a demo as he was waiting for it to arrive for close to a month (again all these info are coming from a friend of mine, but as much as I don't want to believe this ;), I really see no reason for him to tell me a price lower than the actual amount paid for the car.).

VTECH
29-05-2008, 02:04 PM
bbk, I heard there was some 2007 build dates (not compliance) floating around, maybe it was one of those? I am trying to negotiate using American Express so it a bit harder as the dealer has to wear the commission which equates to about $1500. I am hoping nearing the end of the financial year they will get a bit more hungry for the business. If I can get them to drop the dealer delivery and pay the commission I would be very happy.

bbk
29-05-2008, 02:17 PM
bbk, I heard there was some 2007 build dates (not compliance) floating around, maybe it was one of those? I am trying to negotiate using American Express so it a bit harder as the dealer has to wear the commission which equates to about $1500. I am hoping nearing the end of the financial year they will get a bit more hungry for the business. If I can get them to drop the dealer delivery and pay the commission I would be very happy.

I see no reason why you can't.

As you can see I got my VTi Lux at RRP and alexp has got one with rear sensors even below the RRP.

To be honest, I'm not a good negotiator at all and I didn't try very hard. Being uninformed, I was aiming for $38.5K when they made me an offer of $36.5K which I obviously thought was as good as it could get and thus didn't push any further. As you can see, it turns out that I was not quite right!

Based on what I've seen in this forum and personal experience, dropping all on road costs is the very least that you should be aiming for.

dyljoy
29-05-2008, 05:18 PM
BBK, so u aren't sure your frd V6 lux's price is 42k as u just heard what he told u? but anyways, congratulation on ur new car with very good price. Just enjoy it! and i learn how to negotiate next time, cheers!

bbk
29-05-2008, 05:39 PM
BBK, so u aren't sure your frd V6 lux's price is 42k as u just heard what he told u? but anyways, congratulation on ur new car with very good price. Just enjoy it! and i learn how to negotiate next time, cheers!
dyljoy,
Correct, I was not personally there.
I agree, just enjoying it is the way to go :)
and BTW you've made a great choice going for the V6 Lux :thumbsup:

dyljoy
29-05-2008, 05:57 PM
haha, thx and i will mod my car as Mugen look, just keep your eye on my process.

NileshP
02-06-2008, 12:36 PM
I have 2008 Accord VTi but managed to to drive it away at a price of $30,500when the sale (drive-away) price for the 2007 model was $29,990.

That's not all ... managed to get these things included.

1. Rear parking sensor (good quality one)
2. Motorola blue-tooth
3. Tailored floor mat
4. Fully tinted (solartint)
5. Mud flaps
6. Premium plate
7. Full tank of fuel

I've just come to know that dealers in your area are able to give you a better deal, however, some dealers are a bit dodgy and may show you something and install another. Replacing good quality tyres with cheaper ones saves the dealer money. Get to know the basic specs of the vehicle before even picking up the phone or visiting the dealer.

Overall, its a lovely car to drive.

Cheers,

Neil

dyljoy
02-06-2008, 12:39 PM
woo, great price and enjoy ur ride!

NileshP
02-06-2008, 12:42 PM
woo, great price and enjoy ur ride!

Thanks mate. I assume your V6 is the same colour as mine - polished metal. Looks good.

dyljoy
02-06-2008, 12:48 PM
ya, looks hot!

geekmonkey
11-06-2008, 03:37 PM
1. Rear parking sensor (good quality one)

What do you mean by good quality one?

NileshP
11-06-2008, 03:44 PM
What do you mean by good quality one?

There are just beepers which let you know how close you are to an object and then there are ones that give you the distance on a digital meter. You also need to look at the range it covers. Mine covers an area as wide as 2.o mtrs.

V6LUXURY
11-06-2008, 03:57 PM
http://www.carparkingsensordirect.com/

Check these out - no drilling involved

bbk
11-06-2008, 05:10 PM

Relax everyone ;)

The car is a standard V6 and I didn't bother to ask for the REAL price as obviously he has lost his credibility, at least for some time :)

dyljoy
11-06-2008, 06:18 PM
oic, if the price for standard V6, it is reasonable. hoho

Zimp13
12-07-2008, 10:28 AM
purchased vti luxury for $36,600 including :

full tank, car mat, sun visor, slim line plate....

Pariah
15-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Guys would would be a reasonable price for a v6 luxury????

Just wanted to check before asking the dealer to cancel my purchase of a 06 v6 luxury and upgrade to a 2008 :)

Also, would anyone know who would provide reasonable finance rates in qld?

EuroBro
16-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Guys would would be a reasonable price for a v6 luxury????

Just wanted to check before asking the dealer to cancel my purchase of a 06 v6 luxury and upgrade to a 2008 :)

Also, would anyone know who would provide reasonable finance rates in qld?

The retail drive-away price is $51,000 in NSW. If you negotiate at the right time (end of quarter eg. 31st Sept is next qtr end) you should be able to get 5-10% discount. If you buy accessories aswell don't be afraid to go for the 10% discount.

VTECH
16-07-2008, 12:32 PM
The retail drive-away price is $51,000 in NSW. If you negotiate at the right time (end of quarter eg. 31st Sept is next qtr end) you should be able to get 5-10% discount. If you buy accessories aswell don't be afraid to go for the 10% discount.

Agreed, we basically got a 10% discount of the total price including accesories and on road costs. This discount was given last Saturday so you may even go better towards the end of month or quarter. It seems to be a buyers market at the moment.

Pariah
16-07-2008, 11:30 PM
So I should be aiming for about $45-$46k driveaway?

VTECH
17-07-2008, 12:41 PM
So I should be aiming for about $45-$46k driveaway?

$46000 before any accessories is good, maybe shoot for $45000 but I was happy at $46000 drive away. Good luck, remember to haggle the total price including accessories otherwise they could charge a premium for accessories to get some money back of you.

Pariah
19-07-2008, 05:15 PM
I went and saw my honda dealer and got the car for $50,000 drive away

including:-

tailored mats
under front spoiler
under rear spoiler
rear spoiler with light
luggage tray
blue tooth
Wheel nut set

Pretty happy with the price. It doesn't include the 5 way protection kit but I can get that for an additional $1700.

Paint Protection
Tint
Rust Proof
Leather Protection
I forgot the last one :)

Do you guys think I would need paint protection etc??

Cheers

dyljoy
19-07-2008, 08:06 PM
oh, that's really good price! what colour u looking for? do u need to wait they in stock? Back to the paint protection, I don't think it worth. Just avoid it.

Pariah
19-07-2008, 10:46 PM
oh, that's really good price! what colour u looking for? do u need to wait they in stock? Back to the paint protection, I don't think it worth. Just avoid it.

Its the same color as your accord.

In actual fact I was sold on the car after seeing your car :) -> So thanks for the direction mate. :thumbsup:

Also, how much did the mugen grill etc set you back and where did you buy it??

Also, is it better to get the car tinted at the dealer or somewhere else?

Cheers

EDIT - dyljoy just wondering what assessories if any you brought from the dealer when you brought the car?

dyljoy
20-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Great choice on the colour. It's better maintain than any else.
I got the grill from Ozhonda's trader "JDMyard", it costs around $900. and I got my mugen kit from Japan by someone of ozhonda, if you want more info on mugen kit, i can pm u later. and i recon get the tinted done from other place coz even dealer insist they can provide the darkest legal tinted, but they doesn't, from my previous experience of 8th civic. I hope the answer will help u out, cheers!

Its the same color as your accord.

In actual fact I was sold on the car after seeing your car :) -> So thanks for the direction mate. :thumbsup:

Also, how much did the mugen grill etc set you back and where did you buy it??

Also, is it better to get the car tinted at the dealer or somewhere else?

Cheers

EDIT - dyljoy just wondering what assessories if any you brought from the dealer when you brought the car?

Pariah
20-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the info :)

I thought you had the under front spoiler added to your car - Just wanted to make sure because I have been looking for pics of it attached to a car but cannot find any.

Also, please pm me the kit details :)

Also, who is the best people for the tint?? I'm on the gold coast....

dyljoy
20-07-2008, 12:30 AM
I have no idea about any good place for tint at Gold Coast, I am usually get it done at SunnyTint shop which around sunnybank QLD4109, where i live.

Pariah
20-07-2008, 01:11 AM
I will have a look around tomorrow. I wanna get the darkest tint possible :)

dyljoy
20-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Good luck, mate!

Zimp13
20-07-2008, 09:04 AM
damn.... i wish i had more $$$$ to get the v6 luxury.... $50k is a good buy.... :thumbsup:

I went and saw my honda dealer and got the car for $50,000 drive away

including:-

tailored mats
under front spoiler
under rear spoiler
rear spoiler with light
luggage tray
blue tooth
Wheel nut set

Pretty happy with the price. It doesn't include the 5 way protection kit but I can get that for an additional $1700.

Paint Protection
Tint
Rust Proof
Leather Protection
I forgot the last one :)

Do you guys think I would need paint protection etc??

Cheers

Pariah
20-07-2008, 03:51 PM
damn.... i wish i had more $$$$ to get the v6 luxury.... $50k is a good buy.... :thumbsup:

hehehe thanks mate :thumbsup:

I am thinking about getting rid of the front and rear under spoilers and getting the mugen kit.

I still have time to change my mind as delivery isn't until mid September.

Also, once I get the car I am going to sell off the alloys and get a nice looking 18" set.

dyljoy
20-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Good choice, Pariah

Zimp13
21-07-2008, 11:30 PM
hehehe thanks mate :thumbsup:

I am thinking about getting rid of the front and rear under spoilers and getting the mugen kit.

I still have time to change my mind as delivery isn't until mid September.

Also, once I get the car I am going to sell off the alloys and get a nice looking 18" set.

sell me sell me.... :D

BFZ
22-07-2008, 03:58 AM
i got my V6 standard at $38500 last May in NSW, it includes parking sensor, window tint, tailored floor mat, premium plate and full tank. they also offered cloth seat protection, and the 3 external parts protection for $900.

dyljoy
22-07-2008, 04:02 PM
BFZ, u got a really good deal!

snajper
25-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Sold my Euro 06 manual on Saturday, Purchased brand new VTI Accord $29500 on road. (Polished metal).
incl:
Window tint
Premium plates
Cabin filter
Mats

dyljoy
25-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Woo, not bad deal,mate, congratulation

NileshP
25-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Good buy, mate. Own the same in same colour.

Enjoy.

Sold my Euro 06 manual on Saturday, Purchased brand new VTI Accord $29500 on road. (Polished metal).
incl:
Window tint
Premium plates
Cabin filter
Mats

snajper
25-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Just wondering if with 08 accord you can open all the windows remotely like my euro use to do.

dyljoy
25-08-2008, 03:22 PM
no, ours can't, only oversea model will do according the manual book.