PDA

View Full Version : HID Aiming For Dummies - HELP ME!!!

SaBReT00tH
09-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I have a Honda Civic 2007 JDM and have big problems. I had projector lenses since installing my HID but now have had to put the original reflector housing back in and the HIDs are blinding. Firstly, I'm wondering if it matters which way the HID light is put in. Is one was more blinding than another e.g. if it's upside down?

Secondly, which bolt adjusts the lights?? There are two and I'm not sure if one adjusts High beam and the other low beam (up and down) or if one adjusts left and right for both and the other up and down for both. On the drivers side light, looking at the engine bay there's a lower down bolt first and then a higher one right up the back which is unreachable without removing the bumper. I've also noticed big problems when one turns one of those little screws as it makes a little clicking sound and I can see some of the gear points getting blunt. How do I aim these??

shadou
09-04-2008, 10:30 PM
... nice a 2007 JDM Civic....
anyway should be an ADJUSTING GEAR on the headlight unit itself, prop the bonnet and look straight down (with good light source) you should see 1 set of gear on each unit, after locating this GEAR grab yourself a phillips head screw driver and adjust the gear/s to the desired height, using the wall as a crude form of measurement.
oh you should be able to see adjustments after a couple of rotations, using the wall as the reference again try your method again, if it does not move the projection of the light then it is the wrong gear you are turning (it's a steady process, gradual to say the least)

Shimian
09-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Firstly, what are the projector lenses installed? Eagle eyes?

Regarding adjusting your headlights, there is a white cog which you can turn with a screw driver/spanner/wrench. It should be the one reachable when you look down on the drivers side. You just turn it to adjust the height of the low beam. Then you will need to remove the white bottle on the passenger side to get access to the other cog.

I think when you hear clicking sound, it means you are forcing it as it wont go any furthur. You can always try putting a piece of black tape on the edge of the light beam, adjust the cog and see how much u want it above or below the tape.

SaBReT00tH
09-04-2008, 10:37 PM
hey shimian,
they were eagles but i had to take them back, so now I have HID bulbs in halogen reflector housing. My cogs only turn with wrenchs as there are no screw holes (they're more like hex shaped). Do I turn the one on the right or the one on the left of the housing (there are two)

Shimian
09-04-2008, 10:45 PM
you could fit the HID bulbs back into stock housing? Eagle Eyes uses H7 and stock is HB4.
I dont exactly remember where the stock cogs are. But from memory it was the one closest to the engine. Just turn and see. Put a piece of black tape and see if it goes up or down.

BTW, what happened to your eagle eyes?

SaBReT00tH
09-04-2008, 11:26 PM
yeah I have put the HID bulbs into my stock housing. One of the eagle eyes was faulty as the lens was aimed down and it couldn't be turned my the beaming device.

RUS72
10-04-2008, 10:07 AM
yeah I have put the HID bulbs into my stock housing. One of the eagle eyes was faulty as the lens was aimed down and it couldn't be turned my the beaming device.

Where did you get yours from? And how much?