PDA

View Full Version : Signature Advertising No Longer Allowed

Pages : [1] 2

wynode
09-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Hi all,

Following on from this (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87595)thread and various comments in the past, signature advertising will no longer be allowed.

The only exception is where you have an item for sale in the Marketplace and would like to get more coverage by putting it in your signature. This is ONLY FOR YOUR ITEMS however and there MUST be a link to your For Sale Thread (or else you will get an infraction).

Just to clarify, you cannot:
Put links to other sites selling an item (whether it be yours or someone else's items)
Have anything along the lines of "PM me (or anyone else) for xxx product or yyy service"Moderators will be going through and removing signatures as they come across them. There will be about a 3-4 week grace period after which infractions will start being issued for people who fail to follow the new rules.

I will be emailing all users in the near future.

EDIT: The Ozhonda Terms and Conditions (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/legal.php) have been updated
EDIT2: Note that this does not apply to paying Traders.

dc2dc2dc2
09-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Top work Wynsta !

So if we see people advertising in sig.
We can simply just report post? :)
Just to make moderators jobs that little bit easier.

Good luck with changes.

rayb3na_
09-04-2008, 11:06 PM
still alrite if we have wanted to buy thigns in our signatures yeah?

T-onedc2
09-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Well done Wyn, good move :thumbsup:

dc2dc2dc2
09-04-2008, 11:13 PM
So...am i able to sell mobile phones over sig? Since it is not car related in anyway or is selling in sig pretty much banned full stop unless u have a thread ?

Q_ball
09-04-2008, 11:16 PM
What part of "signature advertising will no longer be allowed" DONT u understand Tai? lol

No advertising is simply that, there are no exceptions to this bar a link to that member's OWN FS thread in the Marketplace.

driftr
09-04-2008, 11:16 PM
woops that means me :(

SHOGUNOVDDRK
09-04-2008, 11:17 PM
So...am i able to sell mobile phones over sig? Since it is not car related in anyway or is selling in sig pretty much banned full stop unless u have a thread ?

Thought it was against rules to advertise/sell un car related things here :thumbsup:

dc2dc2dc2
09-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Okies.

Also...will the advertiser need to provide link in sig?
lets say...someone has xxx stuff for sale in sig. Its a bit of a pain in the ass for moderators to actually look up if they have a for sale thread.
I think they should provide a direct link to their thread as well.

Q_ball
09-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Your not understanding...
No advertising is allowed... plain and simple.

The only thing relating to sales/adverts thats allowed, are direct links to that thread, that MUST BE the member;s own thread.

If its not a link, then its gone.
No warnings to this.

95civic
09-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Just get rid of links within sigs???

wynode
09-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Okies.

Also...will the advertiser need to provide link in sig?
lets say...someone has xxx stuff for sale in sig. Its a bit of a pain in the ass for moderators to actually look up if they have a for sale thread.
I think they should provide a direct link to their thread as well.

Yup.....they must provide a link. I'll update the first post.

Thought it was against rules to advertise/sell un car related things here :thumbsup:

In the past you could put it in your signature and we didn't bothered about it. But for the Marketplace......yes.....non non-car/non-Honda items.

still alrite if we have wanted to buy thigns in our signatures yeah?

Should be fine.

rayb3na_
09-04-2008, 11:21 PM
thanks for clearing that up!

wynode
09-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Added that this doesn't apply to traders.

Shimian
09-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Should there be a template for the signature? Eg. 3 lines only, last line must be the link to the FS thread. Font must be X, Size must be X. Each line must be 1 color. etc etc
This way it will keep things universal

kyle
09-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Wow I only suggested this idea 2 years ago LOLZORZ.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34458

Bludger
10-04-2008, 12:42 AM

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34458maybe, ppl who don't contribute financially to this site, don't get heard???

i dunno:confused:

krogoth
10-04-2008, 11:41 AM
well it makes sense doesnt it

but now that they realised its affecting them(the traders), its become a real issue

gw wyn

mars_panas
10-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Can you post a link to pics of your car that is not for sale but just for easy access when people ask you to show a pic of your car?

krogoth
10-04-2008, 11:47 AM
lol of course you can

as long as ur not selling it

but u can link to a FS thread of ur car in OZHONDA if ur selling it

but i dont think u can advertise ur car in ur sig if u dont have an FS thread in the ozhonda FS section

wynode
10-04-2008, 11:47 AM

Traders help keep the site going. No traders = no $$$ to pay the hosting costs for such a large site.

The issue has been brought up in the past (not just in the linked thread above but also in the mods corner) and at that time it wasn't a big issue. It is now.

mars_panas
10-04-2008, 11:48 AM
lol of course you can

as long as ur not selling it

but u can link to a FS thread of ur car in OZHONDA if ur selling it

but i dont think u can advertise ur car in ur sig if u dont have an FS thread in the ozhonda FS section

haha just making sure thanks for the quick reply :)

Bayani
10-04-2008, 01:40 PM
So my signature is a good example of what is allowed?

dc2dc2dc2
10-04-2008, 01:43 PM
nah nah...i think urs is fine Bayani
apart from the fact u have a remote control car for sale.
lol

power_of_dreams
10-04-2008, 05:13 PM
imo, as a result of the changes, the restrictions for selling in the marketplace should be changed in suit. from what I gather, the PQ system is not being as often as it should.

Q_ball
10-04-2008, 05:14 PM
^Remove your sig ;)

dc2dc2dc2
10-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Yeh i mentioned that in other thread.
But as far as mods are concerned its being used just as much.
Maybe us normal people just cannot see how much its being passed around.
Like is said looks like everyone is on the same amount of PQ's as they were 6 months ago and the fad of bothering to hand them out is dying off.

Mr_will
10-04-2008, 05:22 PM
good work, a change for the btter i reckon

power_of_dreams
10-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Just a question. What is the point of "normal" members giving out PQ if they equate to nothing? From what I've gathered PQ points that "count" are only given out by mods?

Mr_will
10-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Just a question. What is the point of "normal" members giving out PQ if they equate to nothing? From what I've gathered PQ points that "count" are only given out by mods?

well you gather incorrectly. PQ points count towards your rep which allows other members to get an idea of how seriously they take your comments. if you get advice from someone with a red box, maybe youll think twice before taking it, whereas if someone like ECU-MAN with 100000000 green boxes gives you some help, you can most probably rely on it being correct. the effect that you giving a PQ point has, depends on how many points YOU have.

power_of_dreams
10-04-2008, 05:40 PM
so if you have a minimal amount of points, what is the point of giving them if they have such a minimal effect?

edit: (probably should continue in the PQ thread)

Bludger
10-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Just a question. What is the point of "normal" members giving out PQ if they equate to nothing? From what I've gathered PQ points that "count" are only given out by mods?I haven't seen you post anything useful

maybe thats why you're not green yet

lol

Yeh i mentioned that in other thread.
But as far as mods are concerned its being used just as much.
Maybe us normal people just cannot see how much its being passed around.
Like is said looks like everyone is on the same amount of PQ's as they were 6 months ago and the fad of bothering to hand them out is dying off.I use it more than ever now

especially on the n00bs

lol

good work, a change for the btter i reckon

Good job Boss it's about time to get this done.x3

wynode
10-04-2008, 06:10 PM
so if you have a minimal amount of points, what is the point of giving them if they have such a minimal effect?

edit: (probably should continue in the PQ thread)
Yup........in the PQ Points thread please.

yfin
10-04-2008, 06:59 PM
A tough decision no doubt but recognition that the traders deserve priority when it comes to selling goods. Good job.

Chi
10-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Can i put up WTBs?

beeza
10-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Good.This is the fairest way!

wynode
11-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Can i put up WTBs?
LOL yes

FEL12X
11-04-2008, 11:29 AM
luv ur sig Chi
-- no offence WYN...and GW

panda[cRx]
11-04-2008, 03:58 PM

lol @ bens reply and sig

destrukshn
11-04-2008, 05:22 PM
ben still has his sig?
why's that?

dc2dc2dc2
11-04-2008, 05:51 PM
coz his a mod
and u still have 3-4 weeks
to remove ur sig
so techincally ur allowed to keep it n JT :)

spastic
11-04-2008, 09:16 PM
can i still WTS my wow account?

z3lda
11-04-2008, 09:56 PM
whingers.

krogoth
12-04-2008, 12:45 AM
can i still WTS my wow account?

who ****ing buys wow accounts, that so damn lame, wer is the fun in buying a level 70??!???!

panda[cRx]
12-04-2008, 07:51 AM
lol its not even a real account

Bludger
12-04-2008, 08:54 AM
A tough decision no doubt but recognition that the traders deserve priority when it comes to selling goods. Good job.Tough???

LMAOOO

more like do or die.....

why does it have to get to the point where its a major issue b4 its considered????

dupac->
12-04-2008, 09:01 AM
ben still has his sig?
why's that?
i don't see why you should remove ur sig as bennjamin still has his sig pretty much advertising his services.

yours was similiar..

same shit

spastic
12-04-2008, 05:58 PM
who ****ing buys wow accounts, that so damn lame, wer is the fun in buying a level 70??!???!

you might want to buy it. go raid.

SiReal
12-04-2008, 06:15 PM
DON'T SPAM site discussion please.

jords
12-04-2008, 06:49 PM
good work wyn, gets rid of unqualified back-yarders that are profiting from the forum, if they are profiting from "SUSSY INSTALLING , SERVICING , WIRE TUCKING , ENGINE CONVERSIONS" etc, then they should have to follow the same rules as traders, after all the site is for honda enthusiasts where there should be mutual benefit for all, not profiteering for a few.

SPECIALK
12-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Good work wyn. Its good to see that the traders need whine about not being able to sell there products due to back yarders taking there so called business. If the traders product or service provided was decent enough then it should sell itself right? Well thats what you would think. I think certain traders not naming the winging one that has started this rucus should learn how to sell and promote there work and not look at excuses at why there s*%tty business is failing. At the end of the day the clients will decide.

destrukshn
12-04-2008, 11:29 PM
i don't see why you should remove ur sig as bennjamin still has his sig pretty much advertising his services.

yours was similiar..

same shit
becuase i was told by a certain mod to take it off.
via PM.
if it the rule has been implied, the mods should be the first ones doing it.

sendok
13-04-2008, 12:16 AM
So, this one fine yeah? Or can we mention the brand name that for sale as the link itself?

dc2dc2dc2
13-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Thats fine Sendok.. you could even say whats for sale probably make ur add better. lol

and JT i agree...absolute rubbish !!

grumpy rooster
13-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Good work wyn. Its good to see that the traders need whine about not being able to sell there products due to back yarders taking there so called business. If the traders product or service provided was decent enough then it should sell itself right? Well thats what you would think. I think certain traders not naming the winging one that has started this rucus should learn how to sell and promote there work and not look at excuses at why there s*%tty business is failing. At the end of the day the clients will decide.

Mate, if you have a problem with my attitude, my products, or want to tell me how to run my "shitty" business (as you call it) or anything else let me know directly.

I'm sure you know everything about what I do or what I sell and could provide me with all the knowledge to run my business. Considering you don't even know me you must be very clever to know so much about me or what I do. How about next time your at the drags you come and talk to me about it. I'll be glad to talk to you. Thanks champ. Your a legend. :)

PS. Just so you know, no failure in my business. :)

dupac->
13-04-2008, 02:48 PM
becuase i was told by a certain mod to take it off.
via PM.
if it the rule has been implied, the mods should be the first ones doing it.
they're just setting a bad example. :eek:

SPECIALK
13-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Mate, if you have a problem with my attitude, my products, or want to tell me how to run my "shitty" business (as you call it) or anything else let me know directly.

I'm sure you know everything about what I do or what I sell and could provide me with all the knowledge to run my business. Considering you don't even know me you must be very clever to know so much about me or what I do. How about next time your at the drags you come and talk to me about it. I'll be glad to talk to you. Thanks champ. Your a legend. :)

PS. Just so you know, no failure in my business. :)
Was the comment i made offensive to yourself? If it was you may have some sort of guilt behind all this fus on ozhonda. Backyarders or whatever you want to call certain workshops are a reality and yourself as a trader should be able to get your own business without having a winge on the forums about who can and who cant sell what. Signatures where a personal item which this website allowed without an issue until certain people had a winge.

SiReal
13-04-2008, 05:39 PM
SpeicalK, you are missing a very large point here.

Traders keep this site going.

Got it?

So, of course traders are in the best interests of the Admin who are running the site, to keep it going for the 15,000 members currently subscribed.

Big deal if one or two people got caught out and can no longer sell without a trader account. Look at the bigger picture

If you pay to become a trader, you have EVERY RIGHT to voice your opinion. This is clearly NOT a whinge but a justified and genuine concern.

If you don't understand the basics of business ethics and fair conduct, then your opinions are nothing but a whinge about change.

grumpy rooster
13-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Was the comment i made offensive to yourself? If it was you may have some sort of guilt behind all this fus on ozhonda. Backyarders or whatever you want to call certain workshops are a reality and yourself as a trader should be able to get your own business without having a winge on the forums about who can and who cant sell what. Signatures where a personal item which this website allowed without an issue until certain people had a winge.

You are the one who singled me out by referring to me, not the other way around. Yes, I was the one who started the thread. So what? If it was such a non issue then nothing would have been done about it. But since every single trader I have spoken to (thats 7 of them) has exactly the same opinion then it must be something. The fact I bought it out into the open makes me the target then does it? And if Wynode thought that something had to be done after sonsultation with ALL the traders then there must be justification.

Since your such an expert with your whole 8 posts, plus however many your main identity is, why don't you suggest how it doesn't affect the traders? And post under your real identity. Just because your buddies get affected is no reason to take it out on me.

krogoth
13-04-2008, 05:50 PM
lol grumpy, dont waste ur time on some no-name nub who comes on this forum once every 6months

until u start actually coming on ozhonda and contributing and learning how things work around here, then u can offer ur opinion, specialk

but for now, stfu with ur bs unfounded opinions ffs

dc2dc2dc2
13-04-2008, 06:25 PM
So are other mods gonna remove Ben's Sig or ask him to?
Or is everyone to scared of Chuck Norris. Roundhouse y0 asses.
I feel JT has been hard done by. Common, as Du said Moderators should be leading by example right? Ben knows the rules, he should've been one of the first to remove his sig. Or is he taking advantage of the fact that u cannot get infracted/warned for it up until 3-4 weeks.

I think we should set a date ie by the end of this month.
None of this 3-4 weeks rubbish. Set a date in concrete. After that date, u do the crime u do the time.

SPECIALK
13-04-2008, 07:20 PM
You are the one who singled me out by referring to me, not the other way around. Yes, I was the one who started the thread. So what? If it was such a non issue then nothing would have been done about it. But since every single trader I have spoken to (thats 7 of them) has exactly the same opinion then it must be something. The fact I bought it out into the open makes me the target then does it? And if Wynode thought that something had to be done after sonsultation with ALL the traders then there must be justification.

Since your such an expert with your whole 8 posts, plus however many your main identity is, why don't you suggest how it doesn't affect the traders? And post under your real identity. Just because your buddies get affected is no reason to take it out on me.

You took it out on yourself no names where mentioned.

SPECIALK
13-04-2008, 07:23 PM
lol grumpy, dont waste ur time on some no-name nub who comes on this forum once every 6months

until u start actually coming on ozhonda and contributing and learning how things work around here, then u can offer ur opinion, specialk

but for now, stfu with ur bs unfounded opinions ffs

And as for you no need to get violent and offensive as this is a friendly website for young and old this is a discussion so maybe you should stfu.

grumpy rooster
13-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Well thats what you would think. I think certain traders not naming the winging one that has started this rucus should learn how to sell and promote there work and not look at excuses at why there s*%tty business is failing. At the end of the day the clients will decide.

Ummm.....If you haven't pointed the finger at me then please tell me who? :)

grumpy rooster
13-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Why are all so worked up on picking on backyarders. This website was built on DIY's and backyarders putting there on experiences online for all to see and benifit. If this website is so money driven maybe admin should make it more of a donation site and offer backyarders different rights to traders.

What you don't seem to understand is that no one is against backyarders. What is being stamped out is people actively trading on the site without paying for the privilege. Its that simple.

I guess you missed the bit about revealing who you really are? ;)

jords
13-04-2008, 10:23 PM
What you don't seem to understand is that no one is against backyarders. What is being stamped out is people actively trading on the site without paying for the privilege. Its that simple.

I guess you missed the bit about revealing who you really are? ;)

agreed...

EuroAccord13
13-04-2008, 10:58 PM
The next person that goes Off Topic on this subject will get a nice pressie from me.... :D

If you have issues with any members, stick to PM, no need to post here....

This is about us working together as a whole to ban signature advertising and not to bag people.

Take this as a last warning....

zco
14-04-2008, 12:31 AM
what do i do if i can see that a trader, is using his friends account to post in the "parts for sale" section.

Q_ball
14-04-2008, 08:48 AM
what do i do if i can see that a trader, is using his friends account to post in the "parts for sale" section.

PM a moderator, and we'll look into this further.

.::F[L]Y::.
14-04-2008, 03:03 PM
myself and nobbs donated $40 bucks to ozhonda ages ago and never got a bigger inbox. whats the go with that? mods pocketing the money for themselves?

Bludger
14-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I paid 30

lost it in the big hack, didn't mind cos i wasn't using OzH back then

come back to OzH and find out my subscription only lasted 1 year instead of 3

I renewed

$60 FTW

dc2dc2dc2
14-04-2008, 03:06 PM
whats this got to do with advertising in sigs?
should pm wyn/ben.
or start a new thread :)

.::F[L]Y::.
14-04-2008, 03:07 PM
since we were on the topic of mods...

Bludger
14-04-2008, 03:07 PM
whats this got to do with advertising in sigs?
should pm wyn/ben.
or start a new thread :)shut up spammer

nothing to do with you

i'm just voicing my opinion

panda[cRx]
14-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Y::.;1635275']myself and nobbs donated $40 bucks to ozhonda ages ago and never got a bigger inbox. whats the go with that? mods pocketing the money for themselves?

take it up with wyn, it has nothing to do with this :confused:

wynode
14-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Go away for the weekend and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

I will attempt to answer all the issues raised over the last few pages.

Y::.;1635275']myself and nobbs donated $40 bucks to ozhonda ages ago and never got a bigger inbox. whats the go with that? mods pocketing the money for themselves?

Nice accusation there but none of the moderators handle this, I do. So if there is an issue to do with purchasing a subscription it is a simple matter of PMing me. Yet I haven't received a PM John. Shoot me a PM with when you paid for the subscription, how much and I'll look into it.

We had a problem awhile back (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1208953&postcount=48) where the user subscriptions automatically expired to a server time error.

I paid 30

lost it in the big hack, didn't mind cos i wasn't using OzH back then

come back to OzH and find out my subscription only lasted 1 year instead of 3

I renewed

$60 FTW

Shoot me a PM with the details of how much and how you paid and I'll check it out.

ben still has his sig?
why's that?

I've let Ben know......and he has taken it out.

why does it have to get to the point where its a major issue b4 its considered????

Why not?

SpeicalK, you are missing a very large point here.

Traders keep this site going.

Got it?

So, of course traders are in the best interests of the Admin who are running the site, to keep it going for the 15,000 members currently subscribed.

Big deal if one or two people got caught out and can no longer sell without a trader account. Look at the bigger picture

If you pay to become a trader, you have EVERY RIGHT to voice your opinion. This is clearly NOT a whinge but a justified and genuine concern.

If you don't understand the basics of business ethics and fair conduct, then your opinions are nothing but a whinge about change.

Thanks Jeff....I would have said the same thing.

I think we should set a date ie by the end of this month.
None of this 3-4 weeks rubbish. Set a date in concrete. After that date, u do the crime u do the time.

Reason I said 3-4 weeks is so that not only can users get around to removing their signatures but it will also give moderators time to remove/PM users as they browse the forum.

Working together or just nailing. When mods have made up there minds this is the rule that is set. No liasing with members just shut them down and keep picking on them.

Moderators and traders were consulted. I also see that over 70% of your 16 posts are in this thread and the What can and 'what cant you sell as a personal for sale item? thread' (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87940). So it seems that selling items to you is of priority and nothing else.

Guys, keep replies related to the first post and if you have any other issues make a new thread in the site discussion forum or PM (or an appropriate mod).

nobbs
15-04-2008, 12:09 PM
pm sent wyn....

GTR RECARO
23-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Who Else Has

shebangs
24-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Can you have 'TUNED BY X' in your sig?

For example,

B18CR EGG 140kw atx TUNED BY XX AT YY

bennjamin
24-04-2008, 05:35 PM
yes.

But sigs that purely advertise a company/business are not allowed

IE that have a business details phone number etc

power_of_dreams
07-06-2008, 09:27 PM
what about people who try to subtly sell in posts? I've noticed one user in particular doing this.

bennjamin
07-06-2008, 09:27 PM
post it here...

power_of_dreams
08-06-2008, 02:02 PM
pm sent

DreadAngel
08-06-2008, 05:08 PM
So am I allowed to put Power Inc by itself?

Not allowed to put like below:

Power Inc
Work #
Address

Or I can't have either?

bennjamin
08-06-2008, 05:17 PM
yeah a name is ok.

but putting ANY details that will "Advertise" the person or company in any way are not allowed. IE contact details etc.

DreadAngel
08-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Okay thank you Ben Chan :p

jdm_kid
09-06-2008, 09:51 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=7846

bennjamin
09-06-2008, 08:18 PM
keep it up. Any more ?

Bludger
09-06-2008, 08:23 PM
what about others advertising traders that have paid up at OzH???

bennjamin
09-06-2008, 08:36 PM
its its just a name. MEh.

but if its "Advertising" the said business (such as contact numbers/emailed) or "best tuner " etc.
post it up here...

dc2dc2dc2
09-06-2008, 09:11 PM
so what if i had
dc2dc2dc2 Bodykits *2 thumbs up*

bennjamin
09-06-2008, 09:12 PM
you dont. Post up some actual examples guys n girls.

dc2dc2dc2
09-06-2008, 10:23 PM
im asking Ben
so i know what i can report
and what i can't
im using myself as an example
because i don't wanna name names if they are following the rules.

bennjamin
09-06-2008, 10:35 PM
okies then

anything which is in anyway advertising a business or individual is something to be discussed...IE states "XXXXX is the best dyno tuner" etc.

If ya fear rebuttal just report it via the REPORT POST button

power_of_dreams
09-06-2008, 10:38 PM
The traders are complaining of people taking their business etc. and imo the one(s) I have seen/reported are the issue, not individuals selling random bits and peices.

bennjamin
09-06-2008, 10:40 PM
any people reported have been dealt with ( infracted) - IF they still have the offending signature/s after a short time - give it a few days - please reply back here or REPORT POST and they will be banned

Bludger
09-06-2008, 10:55 PM
okies then

anything which is in anyway advertising a business or individual is something to be discussed...IE states "XXXXX is the best dyno tuner" etc.

If ya fear rebuttal just report it via the REPORT POST buttonwhat if a regular member is advertising a paying trader?

bennjamin
09-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Its a grey area. Post up an example or snippet....

IMO i dont think we should allow it. But lets see.

phil3842
10-06-2008, 08:41 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1743323&postcount=76

bennjamin
10-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Good point.

Guys girls we dont allow selling for NEWCOMERS via signature either. So if you see em ,. report them

DR HONDA
12-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Dont you think this thread is starting to sound like kindergarden?

krogoth
12-06-2008, 09:45 AM
^lolol

bennjamin
12-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Dont you think this thread is starting to sound like kindergarden?

Dont you think your signature is really pushing it ? ;)

Phil and others , Wyn wants to please the traders and this is their request. So thats how it is.

DR HONDA
12-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Dont you think your signature is really pushing it ? ;)

Phil and others , Wyn wants to please the traders and this is their request. So thats how it is.
I dont think my signature is pushing it. People contribute to this site as they see fit. The childish games played by certain members is out of control. This is supposed to be a community not a warzone of what you can and cant do. There are traders in here that so called break the rules regularly and the honest members get picked on. Last time i checked this was Australia and members/clients have there own freedom in choosing what they buy/service provided. Traders shouldnt feel threatened because if there product they are selling is good enough then the word will get out there to deal. I got a slap on the bottom for so called commercial advertising and have pmd wyn to discuss this matter three weeks ago with no response. I sell parts that i trial and error in my own vehicles so is this considered private or commercial. I can certainly point out at least 10 people selling commercially in the private for sales and through there signatures.

grumpy rooster
12-06-2008, 11:51 AM
If everyone pays to advertise thats fine. If no one pays, including traders, thats fine as well. But to have traders pay, and others not is not fine.

The rules just need to be the same for everyone. That is what this whole thing is about. :)

DR HONDA
12-06-2008, 11:55 AM
If everyone pays to advertise thats fine. If no one pays, including traders, thats fine as well. But to have traders pay, and others not is not fine.

The rules just need to be the same for everyone. That is what this whole thing is about. :)
See what your missing is that you are a business and and other people are private. Like i quoted if your business is strong and you have a good reputation then you shouldnt have a problem selling your product. And just to clarify who are you refering to as others? You should be VERY clear about that.

grumpy rooster
12-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm not having a go at you Phil. I respect what you do and your knowledge. :)

Are you willing to pay the $440 to be a trader?

DR HONDA
12-06-2008, 12:08 PM
What for? I sell off products that i have tried and dont have need for off my own car. Thats what everyone else in here does. You dont see me selling new multiple items do you? I do my own r&d on my own cars and if it doesnt see fit for the purpose im after then up for sale as someone else is getting a bargain as i sell it off for much less than what its worth.

bennjamin
12-06-2008, 12:16 PM
guys come on. Its a double edged sword , i feel life was fine beforehand BUT Wynode wants it this way. The traders put money into this site and do have a say. They do get their own area to do as they wish for the money , but as history states "they" dont want any old person advertising via their signature.

grumpy rooster
12-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Ok. :p

This will be my final post on this topic. It seems to me that I have become devils advocate on this as I was the one that spoke out. I still believe I am justified with what I am saying. And as has come up via various avenues it would seem there are some who believe I had a whinge because I don't sell anything and have no idea how to run a business. Hence, the only way for me to sell is to wipe out the competition. To those people I have to laugh. Just because I don't make a post every time I sell something doesn't mean that I don't. And I have many other selling avenues than just this site.

This site has one of the higher costs for traders out of many forums and also has the slackest rules. Try and sell the same way many do here other than a fully paid up trader account, on many other sites, and you will be shot down in no time. Here is a breeze.

If I am the only one who believes this is wrong then I will gladly tell Wyn to let it go back to the way it was just to keep the peace.

bennjamin
12-06-2008, 12:20 PM
grumpy alot of normal members have a iffy time coming to terms with this , because of the input of majority of traders. There is you , Adrian (toda) and EG5 (jdmyard) that bother to look around the forum and help out abit. All the others hide in their corner and wait for people to come to them...and they wonder why their payment dosent pick up the market they want lol.

DR HONDA
12-06-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm not having a go at you Phil. I respect what you do and your knowledge. :)

Are you willing to pay the $440 to be a trader?
Not disrespecting either just pointing out the shit go that traders want to put privateers through.

bennjamin
12-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Ok.

This will be my final post on this topic. It seems to me that I have become devils advocate on this as I was the one that spoke out. I still believe I am justified with what I am saying. And as has come up via various avenues it would seem there are some who believe I had a whinge because I don't sell anything and have no idea how to run a business. Hence, the only way for me to sell is to wipe out the competition. To those people I have to laugh. Just because I don't make a post every time I sell something doesn't mean that I don't. And I have many other selling avenues than just this site.

This site has one of the higher costs for traders out of many forums and also has the slackest rules. Try and sell the same way many do here other than a fully paid up trader account, on many other sites, and you will be shot down in no time. Here is a breeze.

If I am the only one who believes this is wrong then I will gladly tell Wyn to let it go back to the way it was just to keep the peace.

It must of being shitting you for some time about the signature rules.
Because all other rules on this site are fairly tight and some of the hardest ive seen in a internet forum. Until you kicked it up i never really thought it an issue but thats the way Wynode sees it.

HondaTechy
12-06-2008, 08:58 PM

can't you just claim it back on tax?

bennjamin
12-06-2008, 09:02 PM
can't you just claim it back on tax?

Ozhonda isnt a registered business or ABN so i dont think he can claim anything back. Dont quote me tho.

yfin
12-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Ozhonda isnt a registered business or ABN so i dont think he can claim anything back. Dont quote me tho.

You are thinking about the GST which is different. He can still claim a deduction for expenses incurred in carrying on a business. It just needs to be related to them running their business.

bennjamin
12-06-2008, 09:56 PM
ta for that amendment. So grumpy , and all other traders can claim whatever fee it is to be a trader.

teh_mechanic
12-06-2008, 10:58 PM
i think to claim it they would need an invoice of the expense incurred with an abn on it (ie - invoice from the business ozhonda for advertising or something like that).....but ozhonda is not a business,so i dont think its claimable......im just a mechanic not an accountant so dont quote me

as for the sig advertising....i understand where the traders are coming from,i also understand after taking my blatant sig - "cheap servicing, fuel, conversion, suspension etc, quality work at backyard prices" off im getting substantially less pm's that lead to after hours work (which means $$$'s for me)....i guess its time to go on some cruises and talk for myself instead of letting my sig do it for me

fatboyz39
12-06-2008, 11:06 PM

By looking at your traders rating your only have 2 positive feedback left? Not doing so well selling on ozhonda?

As what DRHONDA said, most parts are used tested for research and developement and if it doesn't suit there application then someone can pick up a bargain. There are some people on here do contribute to the technical threads but this is thru all the research they've done throughout the years of modifying and tinkering and DIY!.

bennjamin
12-06-2008, 11:48 PM
its like a person throwing money around and expecting results , compared to people that have been here for years.
There will be teething troubles implementing something that works for everyone ~

PP Sports sedan
13-06-2008, 08:05 PM
A serious question ... can we thank our sponsors ????

bennjamin
13-06-2008, 09:24 PM
yeah go for it.
Just dont "Advertise" them.

IE contact details , location , email or claim they are the best etc.

PP Sports sedan
13-06-2008, 10:56 PM
so as long as i just put their names thats fine ..?

HondaTechy
14-06-2008, 08:26 PM
yeah go for it.
Just dont "Advertise" them.

IE contact details , location , email or claim they are the best etc.

So, FTW, meaning 'for the win' isn't classified as claiming a person is the best? And stating that somone does things cheap isn't advertising?

DreadAngel
14-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Wrong context HondaTechy... The way Ben Chan's used it isn't claiming himself to be the best, its more to say doing Cheap Suspension Installs and DIYs FUUUUUUUUUU!!!

bennjamin
14-06-2008, 09:26 PM
So, FTW, meaning 'for the win' isn't classified as claiming a person is the best? And stating that somone does things cheap isn't advertising?

You can copy my signature just like destrukshn did if need be -
but one blatant example of a simple advertisement is

BK Automotive-cheap service,installs and DIY projects

That is an ad and isnt allowed. Remove it as requested via an infraction beforehand otherwise it will be removed.

As stated - you CAN state simply the name - IE BK automotive. But not advertise it.

bennjamin
14-06-2008, 09:30 PM
so as long as i just put their names thats fine ..?

yup go for it. If its and issue ill bring it up here

destrukshn
15-06-2008, 06:45 PM
lots of loop holes aye.
ah wells, this is rubbish anyways.

HondaTechy
15-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Wrong context HondaTechy... The way Ben Chan's used it isn't claiming himself to be the best, its more to say doing Cheap Suspension Installs and DIYs FUUUUUUUUUU!!!

but if "its more to say doing Cheap Suspension Installs and DIYs" isnt that advertising?

fatboyz39
15-06-2008, 07:41 PM
this is ridiculous! Just put it the way how it was before.

bennjamin
15-06-2008, 10:01 PM
meh you are right.
A trader complains so the site owner says this is the way it has to be.
Thats how it is.

scyt7e
16-06-2008, 12:17 AM
i just find it amusing how we all alter our sigs to make it seem more subtle :D i don't see yonas whinging, must be because he does too well :thumbsup::thumbsup: even with all the "other" selling going on

bennjamin
16-06-2008, 12:19 AM
its up to Yonas if he wants to complain or not. As mentioned before , only 1 trader complained and this is the end result. For whatever reason , the Site owner wants it this way.

Bludger
16-06-2008, 12:26 AM
If we were to take a step back and look at the overall picture, its just ppl wanting to have a cry about it.

Benn, destrukshn, honda tecky all have adds in their sigs, just not saying the names directly

there really is no change!!!!

bennjamin
16-06-2008, 12:31 AM
I only see two or three people crying about it , and its because they cant directly advertise their affiliate.

Bludger
16-06-2008, 12:33 AM
its just like driving along the hume hwy and seeing a sign, "cherries"

ffs, it only says cherries, but ppl know what the sign is trying to say....

plus, you have the word cheap there, meaning money of some sort is involved.

bennjamin
16-06-2008, 12:37 AM
it appears my sig is screwing with a couple of heads.

BTW fatboyz edit your sig - remove "tuning/Engine services" from your sig.

scyt7e
16-06-2008, 12:40 AM
it should be more along the lines of allowing promotion of shops not the goods itself - ppl are free to choose

|N|
16-06-2008, 12:40 AM
wtf... i left a few months... and this is wat happened?

bennjamin
16-06-2008, 12:41 AM
wtf... i left a few months... and this is wat happened?

yup. A trader complained about it , Wyn suddenly makes this the rule. Thats how it is.

|N|
16-06-2008, 12:50 AM
yup. A trader complained about it , Wyn suddenly makes this the rule. Thats how it is.

people used to say wyn s gay...

i m starting to agree with them now...

bennjamin
16-06-2008, 12:51 AM
lets not spam up this thread guys.

Nick , he has his reasons. Whatever it is. Pm him and ask.

fatboyz39
16-06-2008, 05:14 PM
its funny HOW a trader complains and this happen.

So who does cheap install suspension? and DIY? i would like to pm that person.

bennjamin
16-06-2008, 05:16 PM
its funny HOW a trader complains and this happen.

So who does cheap install suspension? and DIY? i would like to pm that person.

Its the site owners rule.

PS - me , you , jay t....friggin 300 people on this forum.

Bludger
16-06-2008, 05:32 PM
My new sig

expensive sussy installs ftmfwwww

wynode
17-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm away for a month and a big outcry.....phoaaw!

its up to Yonas if he wants to complain or not. As mentioned before , only 1 trader complained and this is the end result. For whatever reason , the Site owner wants it this way.

For the record....this is not true. Signature advertising has come up on a few occasions being brought up both by members and moderators. There hadn't been any issues in the past so nothing was done about it. Before the new rule was brought in I emailed all existing traders and the majority were concerned about signature advertising...hence why it was introduced. It was not introduced because one trader complained to me.

It is almost impossible to set out hard and fast guidelines as to what is / isn't allowed in signatures as there will always be a way around the rules. Use common sense and the information in the first post. Each signature will be treated on its own merits.

As per my signature I have been away for awhile and won't have full internet access till next week so don't be surprised if I don't reply for awhile.

EKVTIR-T
23-06-2008, 06:49 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=19871

"FOR SALE: JDM DC2-R 96 spec(149kw) 13xxxx km's
CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE (with red recaro seats)
PRICE=$20k
more deatils plz PM or call : 0405122128
thanks,"

trism
23-06-2008, 10:40 PM
thats not advirtising a business but is it.

youve missed the point of this threadq

Bludger
23-06-2008, 11:06 PM

youve missed the point of this threadqbut no advertising for newcomers

EKVTIR-T
23-06-2008, 11:20 PM

youve missed the point of this threadq

You've missed the point of my post.
He's a noob trying to sell a car through his sig you noob :)

That's a big no no.

EKVTIR-T
28-06-2008, 12:46 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=2063

Eoh Rimando
J-SpecMotorWorks
ABN 26 086 418 755
w:www.j-specmotorworks.com.au
e: eoh@j-specmotorworks.com.au
m: +61404943853

jdm_kid
28-06-2008, 10:09 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=21234

EKVTIR-T
28-06-2008, 10:11 PM
^^ lol dodgy...

bennjamin
28-06-2008, 10:12 PM
thanks guys keep the finds coming.

teaseR
28-06-2008, 10:21 PM
is this one?
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=7149

still stating what item is for sale

bennjamin
28-06-2008, 10:24 PM
is this one?
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=7149

still stating what item is for sale

No , we allow links or adverts of items for sale on Ozhonda ( IE your for sale thread)
But , newcomers cannot sell or advertise on their sig at all.

teaseR
28-06-2008, 10:29 PM
thanks to clarify

EKVTIR-T
19-07-2008, 03:13 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=9954

wynode
19-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Done. Thanks.

jdm_kid
20-07-2008, 08:02 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=20555

wynode
20-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks. That's a spam bot and has been dealt with.

phil3842
20-07-2008, 08:26 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1803293&postcount=3169

bennjamin
20-07-2008, 08:30 PM
done. let us know if they fail to edit/remove the ad after a day or two.

jdm_kid
21-07-2008, 11:13 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=10471

bennjamin
21-07-2008, 11:51 AM
done. update simon if he dosent comply within a few days.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
23-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Would this count?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94839

(not really Advertising Dyno Dave more defacing him)

Bludger
24-07-2008, 06:42 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1821099&postcount=678

EKVTIR-T
24-07-2008, 07:02 PM

still no change..

wynode
28-07-2008, 10:16 PM

still no change..
Done and done.

Bludger
30-07-2008, 08:31 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=4525

panda[cRx]
30-07-2008, 09:38 PM
lol sp3rMz is back

bennjamin
30-07-2008, 09:39 PM
i infracted so let us know if he wont comply

jdm_kid
31-07-2008, 08:55 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=15422

dupac->
31-07-2008, 09:33 PM
lol@ the snitches

keep up the good work.

bennjamin
31-07-2008, 11:29 PM
yet again , infracted let us know if no comply

jdm_kid
01-08-2008, 06:28 AM
lol@ the snitches

keep up the good work.

what about u ay lol
ben his advertising groundupgarage website - infract teh bastard

haha jks.

Bludger
10-08-2008, 11:51 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=4525

still no comply

ban the muther fercker.

jdm_kid
30-08-2008, 01:25 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=14213

PP Sports sedan
30-08-2008, 01:29 PM
wow this thread is going straight to the pool room for me ..

Q_ball
30-08-2008, 01:53 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=14213

User has now been warned... will wait 1 day until providing further infractions.

teaseR
03-09-2008, 12:37 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=17518

EKVTIR-T
03-09-2008, 12:44 PM
He's a member.Nothing wrong

teaseR
03-09-2008, 12:45 PM
He's a member.Nothing wrong

and? if hes a trader then nothings wrong.

EKVTIR-T
03-09-2008, 12:47 PM
The only exception is where you have an item for sale in the Marketplace and would like to get more coverage by putting it in your signature. This is ONLY FOR YOUR ITEMS however and there MUST be a link to your For Sale Thread

Understand :)

teaseR
03-09-2008, 12:49 PM
About Gio
Signature
MY FOR SALE THREAD 17"s, cluster, grille.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90376

theres more than a link there... theres a list of what hes selling

dupac->
03-09-2008, 12:50 PM
it's a link to his for sale thread?

thats legit isnt it

dupac->
03-09-2008, 12:52 PM
look at what EKVTIR quoted.

thats ok according to the rules

teaseR
03-09-2008, 12:52 PM
thats just wrong for the traders...
i can put a list of 20 items for sale and call that for coverage
and at the end put PM for details

dupac->
03-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Well seems ok to me..

he does have the right to sell in the market place. since he's a member.

and he's not advertising other businesses..

he's selling his own items..

the point of no signature advertising it was because some traders were sooking about other businesses getting coverage on this forum without even paying the traders fees.

so im sure selling ur own items is fine.

Q_ball
03-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Its ok if the items listed are indeed the ones that are fs in their own personal fs thread.

wynode
03-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Its ok if the items listed are indeed the ones that are fs in their own personal fs thread.
As above. If that doesn't make sense then just read the first post of this thread :)

RtN
13-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Umm just asking is my Sig Okay? Don't infract me yet LOL

SHOGUNOVDDRK
13-09-2008, 02:28 AM
Yes WTB is ok

Just not advertising stuff FS (that is either not in your FS thread or that is not allowed to be advertised here)

RtN
13-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Thanks mate.

ludecrs
13-09-2008, 09:19 AM
its fine champ.

misteR_bilzz
21-10-2008, 05:44 PM
bump!!!!
i just got infracted for my signature. can someone tell me HOW i was advertising, im not linking anyone anywhere...

Just to clarify, you cannot:
Put links to other sites selling an item (whether it be yours or someone else's items)
Have anything along the lines of "PM me (or anyone else) for xxx product or yyy service"

last time i checked i hadnt broken those rules.

Q_ball
21-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Ok, can you care to elaborate on what streettunedaustralia is?

misteR_bilzz
21-10-2008, 08:29 PM
it can mean anything - maybe that my car is tuned for australian streets or like you yourself suggested www.streettuned.com.au. I did NOT put any links in my sig and nor did my sig tell anyone to buy from there so, i didnt break any rules.

i think you should take more care moderating and stop handing out infractions based off other peoples word when you dont even look at it yourself..

sassy fit deemed it to break the rules - http://www.streettuned.com.au/

i didnt really look into it as i was busy - but perhaps i shouldve checked as well prior rather than take her word for it.

pm her for more info as she looked into it.
sorry bout that if there is no rules being broken.

krogoth
21-10-2008, 08:31 PM
is ur sig still the same bilz?

or have u changed it?

misteR_bilzz
21-10-2008, 08:32 PM
its still the same.

krogoth
21-10-2008, 08:33 PM
i just had a look at the sight

its a bit ambigious, u recieving an infraction............

u never had a link in ur sig....and its pretty subtle

i think the infraction is going over board, a PM suggesting it should be removed would have been more appropriate......esp since this isnt a clear cut case....

Q_ball
21-10-2008, 09:24 PM
it can mean anything - maybe that my car is tuned for australian streets or like you yourself suggested www.streettuned.com.au. I did NOT put any links in my sig and nor did my sig tell anyone to buy from there so, i didnt break any rules.

i think you should take more care moderating and stop handing out infractions based off other peoples word when you dont even look at it yourself..
Thank you for disclosing my PM ... awfully kind of you :)

Point taken about the handing out of infractions for others, i can assure you it wont happen again.

Now, to the point... your sig.
Your right in saying that your sig doesnt contain a) a link, or b) a direct advertisement ploy which effectively gets people PMn or asking about a business.

Thats the reason why i asked you what your signature means in this thread only a couple posts before - though not stated clearly in ur "quotation" of the rules - NO advertising of any kind is allowed - be it direct or not.
And seeing as you cannot tell me what your signature means, then it is up to my discretion to hand out warnings as i see fit - so if it is indeed harmless, please clarify and ill opt to have the infraction reversed.

Also, krogoth and all - infractions ARE the warnings.
You receive enough warnings, you get banned - its just an automated system which tallys off how many warnings you get before you get banned.

misteR_bilzz
21-10-2008, 10:36 PM
then thats fair enough for you to make that assumption on the grounds that it be direct or indirect.

90LAN
22-10-2008, 09:35 AM
i got infractions and banned for selling my own parts
my for sale thread got deleted so my link didnt work
still waiting for replies to pms but still no answer ....
this was a while ago but would be nice for a explaination
got told it was for commercial selling .....
but so what if i have alot of parts lying around in my big shed i have at home?
i should have the right to sell parts when i need money or dont want them anymore
just because i have more parts than another member to sell doesnt make me any more different to them

Q_ball
22-10-2008, 09:37 AM
i got infractions and banned for selling my own parts
my for sale thread got deleted so my link didnt work
still waiting for replies to pms but still no answer ....
this was a while ago but would be nice for a explaination
got told it was for commercial selling .....
but so what if i have alot of parts lying around in my big shed i have at home?
i should have the right to sell parts when i need money or dont want them anymore
just because i have more parts than another member to sell doesnt make me any more different to them

PM me along with the details of your prior PM's and ill chase it up to the mod that you were trying to contact.

Marketplace rules are another topic.

rk 86 wa
22-10-2008, 01:41 PM
sorry about the confusion but is my sig ok atm? its not really selling any parts but may be considered advertising for a perth based honda forum.

bennjamin
22-10-2008, 02:31 PM
no selling so its fine.

As for 90LAN , previous infractions i can see are justified. Please keep these comments queries to pm - try pming the "mod" in question again to get a result.

rk 86 wa
22-10-2008, 02:59 PM
thanks for reply :)

90LAN
22-10-2008, 03:03 PM
no selling so its fine.

As for 90LAN , previous infractions i can see are justified. Please keep these comments queries to pm - try pming the "mod" in question again to get a result.

how can it be justified when i didnt break any rules
regarding that issue
and no point pm because if i havent got a reply by now then im not going to get one now

bennjamin
22-10-2008, 05:32 PM
You received an infraction for selling a plethora of used parts , and received complaints of you doing so. that is justified , a warning , so take it as that and get on with it :)

Keep this thread to signature advertising queries ONLY

Bludger
28-10-2008, 08:05 PM
You received an infraction for selling a plethora of used parts , and received complaints of you doing so. that is justified , a warning , so take it as that and get on with it :)

Keep this thread to signature advertising queries ONLYwho made complaints?

since when did OzHonda put a limit on the number of items yo9u're allowed to sell?

MikeyG
28-10-2008, 08:28 PM
well this is total bs

Benson
28-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeh i PM the mod regarding my warning for having Dynodave in my Sig. He never reply..

Ah well, let me know if my sig now is still violating your ozhonda rules

Q_ball
28-10-2008, 08:42 PM
who made complaints?

since when did OzHonda put a limit on the number of items yo9u're allowed to sell?

well this is total bs

Guys... you are a wk behind on whats going on here.. and none of you saw that thread as it has been deleted (unless of course you did see it, and chose not to reply until now)

The issue has been dealt with between the member and the moderator, let it go.

Dont go digging up a wk old RESOLVED topic to try and stir shit up.

edit: PLUS this has nothing to do with signature advertising so dont spam this thread up with irrelevant BS.

bennjamin
28-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Ozhonda dosent have a limit but does have limits within reason. Complaints and tip offs are often given to mods.
As for unreplied pm's , try again with your query. I know as a moderator , we generally have a few dozen pms per day to sort thru and sometimes things are missed.

wynode
28-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Ozhonda dosent have a limit but does have limits within reason. Complaints and tip offs are often given to mods.
As for unreplied pm's , try again with your query. I know as a moderator , we generally have a few dozen pms per day to sort thru and sometimes things are missed.
Not to mention that even though you reply to a PM......the user replies back for the sake of it......clogging up your PM box (I have PMs from a few weeks to go to catch up on!)

Bludger
28-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Guys... you are a wk behind on whats going on here.. and none of you saw that thread as it has been deleted (unless of course you did see it, and chose not to reply until now)

The issue has been dealt with between the member and the moderator, let it go.

Dont go digging up a wk old RESOLVED topic to try and stir shit up.

edit: PLUS this has nothing to do with signature advertising so dont spam this thread up with irrelevant BS.FYI I was just catching up on lost time. 1 month to be exact.

Ohh, thanks for answering my question. *sarcasm*

thank you Benn.

jdm_kid
14-12-2008, 07:56 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=23973

Q_ball
14-12-2008, 07:59 AM
INfraction dealt.

UGANGA
14-12-2008, 10:06 AM
i have removed it all
sorry i didnt realise

Q_ball
14-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Not a prob, now you know :)
Thanks for removing it.

UGANGA
14-12-2008, 10:19 AM
all good :)

power_of_dreams
18-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Not to throw petrol onto the fire, but in my opinion organizations who are competing directly with traders (such as this guy http://ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2027319&postcount=7) should be banned from selling, not individuals selling parts regardless of their member status.

finalazy
22-12-2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2052889#post2052889 lol not sig though

Q_ball
22-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Just PM a moderator if you see people selling illegally.
User banned.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
27-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Check out the Sig.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=20643

trism
15-02-2009, 03:29 PM
i had a link to http://www.groundupgarage.com/ in my sig, and i got a warning for sig advertising

its a automotive blog that i write for, it doesnt sell anything so whats the problem?

chunky
15-02-2009, 03:57 PM
still its advertising

bennjamin
15-02-2009, 05:19 PM
i had a link to http://www.groundupgarage.com/ in my sig, and i got a warning for sig advertising

its a automotive blog that i write for, it doesnt sell anything so whats the problem?

I personally have no issue with it as its not advertising a company or profitable organization.
Wait for Wynode to reply here or pm him asking for a review of his actions.

trism
15-02-2009, 05:22 PM
yeah i did PM wyn, he said it was still advertising... ill leave it out till the issue gets sorted

90LAN
15-02-2009, 06:14 PM

Keep this thread to signature advertising queries ONLY

and you have sold more parts than me so why havent u got a infraction mate
funny that

bennjamin
15-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Because ive been selling individual parts here n there for 5 years.You on te other hand have one open thread which you are constantly updating with new and varying model parts.With other members expressing their issues with you , you recieved an infraction and hopefully will learn and accept.
Not that this is relevant in this thread this is in regards to signature advertising.

Keep all other queries out of this thread ta.

90LAN
15-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Because ive been selling individual parts here n there for 5 years.You on te other hand have one open thread which you are constantly updating with new and varying model parts.With other members expressing their issues with you , you recieved an infraction and hopefully will learn and accept.
Not that this is relevant in this thread this is in regards to signature advertising.

Keep all other queries out of this thread ta.

well u dont know me and other dont know me
so you must be on a dry spell then hey u havent sold much lately
another classic rule for one and another rule for other members
i leave it at that

bennjamin
15-02-2009, 10:34 PM
No Hypocrisy just paranoia.

Only reply with queries about signatures guys n girls !

trism
15-02-2009, 10:36 PM
well there is a heap of other people that have the groundupgarage link in their sigs and they havnt gotten in trouble

bennjamin
15-02-2009, 10:38 PM
you are right. Wynode chose to infract you and remove the sig , i say put it back up. Im waiting for him to jump back online.

bennjamin
16-02-2009, 02:02 PM
well there is a heap of other people that have the groundupgarage link in their sigs and they havnt gotten in trouble

ive removed the infraction - you are welcome to put the sig back up.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
17-02-2009, 06:23 AM
Another sig Selling something.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=19178

wynode
17-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Thanks......its been dealt with.

chunky
28-03-2009, 04:04 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=8593

trism
30-03-2009, 12:14 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=2047

so its alright for mods to do it?

Q_ball
30-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Mod project is a trader on this site.

chunky
30-03-2009, 03:37 PM
how the fock was my post spam?
i posted a mf with advertising in his sig
isnt that the whole point the the thread?

Q_ball
31-03-2009, 08:49 AM
^ Justified call there, post restored.

panda[cRx]
02-04-2009, 08:18 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=2047

so its alright for mods to do it?

yes, yes it is :wave:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/legal.php

31. User signatures cannot contain any advertising. The only exceptions being a user's own for sale thread on the Ozhonda forums with a link to the thread, advertising by a current Ozhonda Trader, or advertisinng a current traders product/services by a member. Furthermore, signature font size must not exceed 4 point, and where a signature is found to exceed this size limit, a moderator or administrator will reduce the font size without any prior notice.

trism
03-04-2009, 11:43 AM
i see

touche

Bludger
05-04-2009, 03:14 PM
found this

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=6353

wynode
07-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Done thanks.

bennjamin