PDA

View Full Version : Shock Absorbers

Civic99
09-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Greetings,
I am currently looking at budget dampers to go with 1.5 inch lowered king springs for my EK hatch. After ringing around, the best prices I could find were for KYB and BOGE.

Does anyone have any information on the BOGE shocks? I understand that they are factory fitted to some euro vehicles and come with a lifetime warranty but do they offer decent performance as they seem to be geared for stock applications?

Many Thanks

55EXX
13-04-2008, 11:40 AM
kyb are great for the price had them on my last and current car. never heard of boge.

the excel g's i previously had were great. comfy but firm. and the agx adjustable ones i have now are 4 way adjustable with 1 being stock to 4 being to hard for the streets. they too are great but pricey and second hand coilovers can be had for their price.

moo moo nel
13-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Greetings,
I am currently looking at budget dampers to go with 1.5 inch lowered king springs for my EK hatch. After ringing around, the best prices I could find were for KYB and BOGE.

can you get KYB AGX for Ek in oz?

TJsol
13-04-2008, 02:28 PM
can you get KYB AGX for Ek in oz?

of course u can.. try google it. lol..

sPoOnD_
13-04-2008, 04:37 PM
yeh u can get KYB AGX ere..i work at supercheapauto in PERTH, and i mite b getting some for my EK..with some king springs =D..get some good prices working there

moo moo nel
13-04-2008, 06:24 PM
I could only find AGX for EG..but not EK in oz

any help?

CB7_OWNER
13-04-2008, 06:47 PM
yeh go for the kyb agx, but dont use the king springs...although i havent used king springs before, i heard they were total rubbish... ( all looks,but doesnt improve performance + sags over time)...

Civic99
14-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. I ended up choosing the king springs with boge shocks out of curiosity. Combined with a softer compound kumho KU31 tyre, the result has been a rather cushioned sports luxury kinda ride with good handling improvement.

King (manufactured by onesteel) is the only spring in oz which complies with current quality management system and product certification standards. So there really isn't much that could go wrong with their product...

sPoOnD_
14-04-2008, 08:47 PM
i heard king springs only good for looks but..they will sag if the shockies arnt changed..

sKy.xD
15-04-2008, 11:01 AM
kings are pretty much the worse ones i think. I would just spend a few more hundred to get ones that wont need changing ... Just cant find out that matches stock ... for even bounciness and stiffness. Its always one has more of the other.

55EXX
19-04-2008, 10:22 PM
kings aren't as bad as everyone says had them on my last car and my first car and did me fine. not a overly sports ride but better than stock! can't complain.

kongfu
19-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Coilover FTW.

55EXX
20-04-2008, 08:15 AM
i've found streetwise softer spring and shock combos with big swaybars have been more efective as the wheel travel will still be soft to absorb bumps and follow the contours of the road better while providing a smooth ride with no bodyroll.

teh_mechanic
20-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Coilover FTW.

this coilover fad is really annoying.

just because they are an aftermarket coilover doesn't make them better.
a matched shock and spring combo are the same,just without height adjustability

he says he wants a budget setup for the street.
coilover FTL