PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Fuel Pressure Gauge on DC5R

RSX_DC5R
10-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi All,

I am thinking of installing a Fuel Pressure Gauge on my DC5R. How difficult is it? What should I look/prepare? Is it possible to cut the OEM fuel host to insert T joint for the sensor or do I have to change the host?

I am not sure if this is the right place (mod please move it to the right place if it isn't). I have used the search but it seems like it hasn't been covered much.

I got this gauge long time ago if anyone wonder why I want to install fuel pressure gauge rather than other gauges. So yeah....rather than let it sits in my room collecting dust, might as well utilise it.

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers!

JasonGilholme
10-04-2008, 03:49 PM
its one thing to use a guage cause you need it and its another to use it cause you have it lying around.

Is the hassle of installation going to be worth the effort?? Are you going to use any information from the FP gauge for anything usefull??

Should ask yourself those questions before installing it as it could be mnore trouble then what its worth. especially if you haven't done other fuel mods to warrant a need to monitor the fuel pressure.

RSX_DC5R
10-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Good point!

But I think I will use the info as I have a plan to built this car as a street legal race car although it probably will take some time. A/Market Fuel pump will definitely be on the way.

JasonGilholme
10-04-2008, 04:15 PM
well if thats the case, and your after a good place to mount the sensor, you should look into getting a new fuel rail. alot of them have a thread for an aftermarket fuel pressure gauge. :thumbsup:

JasonGilholme
10-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Some gauges have a connector that allows you to install the pressure line into the fuel pressure relief valve on your stock system.

This would be similiar to runnin a T-piece like some people do when installing an oil pressure gauge. :thumbsup:

+1 for electrical gauge. Don't reccommend fluids in the cockpit either :thumbsup:

RSX_DC5R
10-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the reply.

The gauge is a DEFI BF one..so yeah..its an electronic gauge...

Where can I get the kit you mentioned below? Do they require a lot of retrofit?

What is your best recommendation to install it onto a DC5R?

Cheers

And you need to have a separator to keep fuel out of the cockpit. Running fuel lines into the cockpit is defectiable. They make a kit that runs copper lines up to the separator from the fuel line that then turns that pressure into either a separate pressure signal that is now air only or turns it into an electrical signal that can be used without fuel being sent into the cockpit.

Some gauges have a connector that allows you to install the pressure line into the fuel pressure relief valve on your stock system.

RSX_DC5R
11-04-2008, 11:10 PM
The Fuel pressure gauge package contains:

Gauge
Pressure sensor
Meter wire
Sensor wire
Meter cup

Open up you gauge package and let us know what parts it comes with then we can advise you better.

RSX_DC5R
12-04-2008, 02:41 AM
It pretty much provide me everything to install. The instruction suggests to cut the high pressure fuel host and install a T joint in between. The sensor will be installed onto the T joint. The problem is, the host seems to be a plastic host so what I am afraid of is i can't clamp the host to the joint because they are not a rubber type.

Any suggestions?

That is a nice electrical gauge no need to worry about running fuel into the cockpit with that kind. The next thing is where to install the sensor.

Is there anything in the instructions to tell you where to mount it or does the end of the sensor look like it will screw onto the pressure relief valve on your fuel rail (the valve looks like the valve you put air into your tires with)?