PDA

View Full Version : Twin-loop exhausts

Nato
10-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey Guys,

Hopefully this is in the right section! What would be the pro's and con's with changing to a twin-loop muffler?

Cheers

Nato

TheSaint
10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
pros - smoother, quieter, nicer flow

cons - none

more info needed though... is it only going to be axle back or cat back?

on what car with what setup? twin loop is good for NA but if u are going turbo u might need something else

xtat1k
10-04-2008, 04:43 PM
i can vouch for twinloops as i have one myself.

Nato
10-04-2008, 04:44 PM
i'm staying NA for the time being. I will be looking to purchase headers and full exhaust (and possibly hi-flow cat) when Mr Taxman gives me my return later this year.

They don't restrict flow or anything. Sorry about the n00bness

94dc2tegz
10-04-2008, 05:51 PM
pros - smoother, quieter, nicer flow

cons - none

more info needed though... is it only going to be axle back or cat back?

on what car with what setup? twin loop is good for NA but if u are going turbo u might need something else

I wouldn't say they have no con's but they definitely deliver near close performance gains to a traditional straight through style cannon exhaust system.

They do provide a slight amount more back pressure as the gases are forced around the muffler twice (hence twin loop) to be muffled twice giving the quieter sounding note. Especially at top end so if ur building a top end screamer i'd go for a 4-1 header and a straight thru cannon.

In my case i wanted something for the street so I decided on a 4-2-1 combo with a mugen twinloop catback giving me theoretically good gains in the middle band where I would use the most instead of having my power hidden away in the top band.

It's also nice to have the bloke next to u thinking u have a typical stock engine as it'd idling near to no growl and letting it open up a little when you give it some.

Anywho, if you want performance without the cop magnet attached to it then this is a pretty good choice imo. get a good name brand and it won't disappoint as I hear that the lesser ones fall apart from the inside after some time. As they say, you get what you pay for.

oh and btw there are alot of articles around here re the twinloop already so have a look around.

TheSaint
10-04-2008, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't say they have no con's but they definitely deliver near close performance gains to a traditional straight through style cannon exhaust system.

They do provide a slight amount more back pressure as the gases are forced around the muffler twice (hence twin loop) to be muffled twice giving the quieter sounding note. Especially at top end so if ur building a top end screamer i'd go for a 4-1 header and a straight thru cannon.

In my case i wanted something for the street so I decided on a 4-2-1 combo with a mugen twinloop catback giving me theoretically good gains in the middle band where I would use the most instead of having my power hidden away in the top band.

It's also nice to have the bloke next to u thinking u have a typical stock engine as it'd idling near to no growl and letting it open up a little when you give it some.

Anywho, if you want performance without the cop magnet attached to it then this is a pretty good choice imo. get a good name brand and it won't disappoint as I hear that the lesser ones fall apart from the inside after some time. As they say, you get what you pay for.

oh and btw there are alot of articles around here re the twinloop already so have a look around.

i did exactly the same thing he did for the same reasons, although my car was destroyed before i could install the parts

i have a brand new mugen catback (b-pipe and twin loop) that i need to get rid of if u need one =)

hondajazz2005
11-04-2008, 01:08 PM
i just got mine xforce twinloop installed 2 days ago, no cons so far

Limbo
11-04-2008, 03:28 PM
i had a twin loop, it reduces power slightly, but was quieter.

TheSaint
11-04-2008, 09:20 PM
i had a twin loop, it reduces power slightly, but was quieter.

reduces power from stock or from something else?

defect
12-04-2008, 09:05 AM
most likely comparing to a canon style muffler

d15z1SUX
12-04-2008, 09:26 AM
the way a twin loop works is under low exhaust pressure the exhaust gasses go throught the twin loop. when the exhaust pressure is high it bypasses the twin loop and goes through the muffler in a straight path. so theoretically works like a straight through muffler when you are giving it some.

dupac->
12-04-2008, 10:37 AM
reduces power from stock or from something else?
im sure he means comparing it to something else ? surely?
it cant be more restrictive than a stock muffler..

nato: i will have one up for sale soon if yah wanna buy
cheap!

bigjo5
12-04-2008, 05:17 PM
if u get xforce twin loops .. well i dont think they manufacture the s10's any more cause so many of them are faulty and makes that buzzing noise.. but s12 still goin good i got one myself.. couldnt really tell teh difference from standard but then it sounds good though.

est1989
13-04-2008, 01:42 AM
or buy a mugen twin loop :)

rayb3na_
13-04-2008, 11:40 AM
yeah cos his a baller just like you hao mup lmao! alan making me call you that bro rofls..

back on topic twinloops are pretty cool =] quiet when u drive normally.. and really opens up when u fang it some.

jdm_kid
13-04-2008, 11:51 AM
the only con - looks shit lol thats about it.

94dc2tegz
13-04-2008, 07:09 PM

well thats a subjective point of view, personally i don't mind it

the look of fat cannon penis sticking out of ur rear isn't so great sometimes

andiiso
13-04-2008, 07:19 PM

i agree, the looks is different for everyone, i personally like the look, not a fan of cannons ..

mrwillz
13-04-2008, 07:27 PM
twinloop is subtle looking
canons are ok too
been thru done that.

twinloop>canon

andiiso
13-04-2008, 07:35 PM
i just like the normal look, i mean look at dynasty or phwoaa's exhausts, the tip is just like normal (2inch or 2 1/4inch at max ?) not cannon or anything but still got the grunt noise n looks fairly decent .. cannons on certain cars make that funny fart noise

jdm_kid
13-04-2008, 07:52 PM
cannons only look nice on nissans lol
thats why im goin back to OEM ! haha all this muffler crap gives me headaches lol

TheSaint
14-04-2008, 01:55 AM
twinloops look better than cannon imo

i only like the look of a canon on a beefy turbo or subaru

est1989
14-04-2008, 11:59 PM
cant even tell mine is a twin loop cause the twin loop is tucked up :)

mrwillz
15-04-2008, 12:26 AM
^ thats a good thing

RtN
15-04-2008, 12:57 AM
For x-force twinloop em1 do you have to get just the muffler and custom piping or do they produce catbacks for em1 too?

TheSaint
15-04-2008, 01:04 AM
id be interested to know the same thing =)

RtN
15-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Anyone?

Limbo
16-04-2008, 04:21 PM
i don't believe xforce make any cat back systems.
They make generic parts

NSPYRE
16-04-2008, 04:26 PM
i don't believe xforce make any cat back systems.
They make generic parts

sorry, but they do. they make it for EG, EK and EJ. not sure bout EM... i think maybe the EG sedan cat-back will fit EM1...

send a PM to Felix. he stocks pretty much all the X-Force parts :thumbsup:

TheSaint
16-04-2008, 06:48 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64470

proof =)

Nato
23-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks for all the input!

For those offering me some headers, please PM me with pricing and location.

lyfordben
09-11-2009, 09:34 PM
hi, is anyone selling a mugen twin loop exhaust system for a dc2?
cheers ben