PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Vibrating?

Darkii_
10-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey guys,

Did a search and couldn't find anything related to this. Just wondering if anyone had the same problem as i am. Well its been 5 months now since i got my euro new and just yesterday the clutch felt wierd, and i could feel it vibrating everytime i was releasing the clutch. This would occur both when the car was in motion and stopped, with the engine on. The vibration went away after about 20-30mins of driving.

Does anyone know what might be wrong? or does this just happen normally due to wear and tear. My service is comming up next month should there be anything i ask them to check?

Thanks in advanced guys

EuroDude
10-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Does it happen when the engine is off as well? The Clutch Master Cylinder may just need regreasing

Darkii_
10-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey EuroDude,

I haven't tried it with the engine off yet, might go give it a try in a bit and let you know. Oh ok, i heard you guys have been having some problems with that also, but you guys hear a creaking noise.

*edit* Just tried it with the engine off, no vibration at all, just a clicking noise but i heard thats to take the car off cruise control?

aaronng
10-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Used to happen to me once in a while, especially when the roads were wet from heavy rain. Doesn't happen anymore.

Darkii_
11-04-2008, 11:35 AM
It's been pretty dry here in Brisbane, it seems to occur when i first start driving. Also i get the squealing brakes and sometimes going down hill a wierd feeling in my brake pedal when applying pressure (shudder?).

J-TODA
12-04-2008, 12:20 PM
well not sure wat the clutch vibration problem is... best to see ur service department...

is the squealing of brakes like a metal to metal sound?? could be rubbing against the indicator bar( indicates pads need changing soon) , bt yer the shudder in ur brakes most likely indication of slightly warped discs... easy fix ..machine ur rotors, should do the trick.. :)