PDA

View Full Version : Ringwood near newcastle

SHIFTY
10-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Hey guy's, i need to ask you all a bit of a favour!
i received this email from the mg car club in relation to the proposed new track at raymond terrace (HUNTER VALLY NEAR NEWCASTLE) and i would appreciate it if you could send letter or email of support from you as an individual. One of us will hopefully be addressing the court with our reasons for support, and i would ask that in an email of a support you not refer to yourselves as un racing team members, but as motorsport competitors and entheusiasts. the idea is that we flood the council with emails of support, as it is crucial we are not outnumbered. please read > > > > > > > > >
p.s. forward this to anyone you think will be willing to help!! this would be a testing venue unmatched by any other sale team in the country!!!!!!
HELP MG CCN BUILD A NEW RACE TRACK

an important message to everyone on this forum
M.G.C.C.N. and Motorplex are trying to build a new race track near newcastle.
the plans have been in court for approx 8 years
whilst most people may have thought this was all dead and buried the developer has been working away
slowly and tirelessly the get this development passed.
we now need your help
the council has re advertised the plans and is asking for written submissions
WE NEED NUMBERS AND NOISE
I am asking everyone on this forum to write a letter/email and get all their friends to write a letter/email
it needs to be a letter a signature is no good
and to put this on every other forum you are on whether it be cars ,motorbikes, push bikes anything

this may be the only new race track to get built in N.SW.

thanks in advance

Malcolm Roach

Support the Ringwood Park Motorsport Complex.

The the for the Motorplex Ringwood Park Development upgrade has been re advertised in the
Port Stephens Examiner on Thursday 20 March 2008 by the Port Stephens Council (PSC). Revised plans and the Species Impact Study are on display and the Council has asked for written submissions.

We are asking everyone from all over Australia (especially those who live in the Port Stephens Council area) to support Motorplex and the MG Car Club Committee by writing to the council expressing your SUPPORT for this project.

Facts that may be mentioned, preferably in your own words:

 The revised plans seem to be designed to minimize the affects on all the threatened species populations, their habitats and the ecological communities. The proposed planting of additional flora and trees will significantly enhance the quality of all the Endangered Ecological Community areas.
 Venue for safe Senior & Junior driver development.
 Venue for awareness & defensive driving training.
• Police, Fire, Ambulance & Australia Post.
• High School driver education programs.
• Corrective Services (from the court system).
 Increased tourism, revenue and employment for the Raymond Terrace and surrounding areas.
 Venue for drivers from all over Australia including the Central Coast, Newcastle, Upper & lower Hunter Mid
North Coast as well as Port Stephens to compete in club level motorsport in a safe & controlled environment.
 Venue for Hunter region bicycle road race training & events (safe & off the roads).
 The land is already council approved and used for motorsport (including the drag strip in 1989)
 It would seem that Military Noise is more of a concern in the proposed Kings Hill development than any perceived noise problem from upgrading the Ringwood Park facility.

This may be your last chance to give your opinion to the council. Don’t let all our effort of the past seven years be in vain.

This effort has already cost over three quarters of a million dollars let alone the half million dollars plus, cost to the PSC. Much of this could have been used to upgrade the facility.

Also tell the council that you like to address the court about your concerns. (objectors, such as the C.R.A.B.S., group will be doing so). We must not be outnumbered.

Written letters or emails (submissions) must contain your name, address and phone number & have to be received by the council before the 20 April 2008.

Post letters to Emails send to

the NO: 16-2002-42-1 council@portstephens.nsw.gov.au
Scott Anson Attention Scott Anson
P.O. BOX 42
Raymond Terrace NSW 2324

also cc to
Ringwood-park-submissions@hotmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
(this will allow us to monitor the submissions the council receives)

Send this information to all in your “address book”, and then ask them to send the information on to all in their “address books”.

Greg Hunter. President.
John Collins Vice President
MG Car Club Newcastle.

Peter Lee
Director
Motorplex Australia.

Copy Pasted from another forum...

This could be another track for NSW.. and we will need one considering Oran Park is not going be around for much longer!

Thanks for your time!

rawr
11-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Good luck with this. I'll see if i can get time to help ya out :thumbsup: chuck this thread in the lounge dave.. Prob get more views there

EGB18CT
11-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Good news for the melb peeps.. there is a drag strip build underway at avalon, thats all i can say for now as its all under wraps for the time being...

SHIFTY
18-04-2008, 09:47 PM
BUMP!!

common guys, lets get some more e-mails out there :)

Maybe Sticky this thread or chuck it in the lounge?

SHIFTY
20-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys for youre support, can we have this thread closed, date is up :(

Riced_Civic
25-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Dragstrip at avalon? when is that starting.
i reckon melb needs another track as well, sumthing not as far as winton tho.