PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

WhiteEuro07
11-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I know there has been many threads on coilovers, which type of coilovers are better value for money? racing logic, Tein etc.

Please let me know. Thanks

enkay
11-04-2008, 11:23 AM
hm depends on what type of performace your lookin at
if its track then mayb BC N+ cos its got a stiffer spring rate than the tein SS for similar price, think a bit more expensive.
or ultimate ones like spoon or zeal etc lol but pricey.
for lowering, maybe the flex as u can dump it and not loose the ride comfort or something cant remember lol, compared to the tein SS.
theres also the tanabe ones that americans have used and they are like stock sussy feeling but with better performance but not as good as the teins and BC etc due to softer spring rates i think

aaronng
11-04-2008, 11:41 AM
BC N+ for track. Flex also for track (althought it is a little too soft still).
For street, SS. If you want to go super low with comfort, go for CS. Don't dump flex, your spine will regret it.

.QD
11-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Is the N+ any good for low and comfort? And I dont mean exactly like the stock one.. but of stiffness is fine, comfort as in you dont need to avoid every little bump on the road..

aaronng
11-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Is the N+ any good for low and comfort? And I dont mean exactly like the stock one.. but of stiffness is fine, comfort as in you dont need to avoid every little bump on the road..

N+ will be slightly less comfortable than Flex.

N+: 12/6 kg/mm (lower damper body mount)
SS: 8/4 kg/mm (lower spring perch)
Flex: 10/6 kg/mm (lower damper body mount)
CS: 7/4 kg/mm (lower damper body mount, monotube damper)

I'd go for CS for street, N+ for track. I have Flex and I find it too stiff for street and too soft for track.

WIL70S
11-04-2008, 03:31 PM
do you guys know, how much you can lower your car with buddy clubs n+?

aaronng
11-04-2008, 03:39 PM
do you guys know, how much you can lower your car with buddy clubs n+?

Call up buddyclub and ask.

Buddy club AUSTRALIA
Address: Unit 19, 4A Bachell Ave, Lidcombe, NSW, 2141, Australia
Hours: Mon-Sat: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Tel: 02-96435111
Fax: 02-97499234
Email: info@buddyclub.com.au
Web: http://www.buddyclub.com.au