PDA

View Full Version : Hasport Engine Mounts

Migoreng_Noodles
11-04-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm just researching my project before I start spilling the cash. I'm hoping for a 13.99 1/4 mile EG (I/H/E/Chip), with B18CR. Front Doors sound deadening and semi decent stereo. Nothing too fast, but a nice combination of cruise and speed and sound.

My first question!

Will there any difference between stock Engine mounts and Hasport ones? Will there be benefit over 1/4 mile? And is it too harsh for daily driver?

My research shows Cusco are extremely hard and for my use, I should stay away.

Do these harder engine mounts put stress on any other components? (Driveshafts etc)

Thanks

panda[cRx]
11-04-2008, 03:45 PM
i'm not sure if dc2 mounts fit eg?

but yeh realistically i doubt you will notice a performance difference between the two. most people use them for swaps, rather than oem replacement.

hasport are very good , i've never heard any complaints in term of fitment or build quality.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/images/DCSTK.jpg

EG5
11-04-2008, 03:56 PM
which engine bracket you got there ? 3 holes or 2 holes ?
benefit for 1/4 mile : less engine movement = less wheel hop , less axle tramp.

Migoreng_Noodles
13-04-2008, 12:25 PM
The swap will be EG with B18CR.

EG5, is it worth it though? $600 is a fair bit considering I don't know if it's worthwhile getting.

Is it only worth getting if the rest of the car is up to spec? Decent coil overs, traction bar etc?

EG5
13-04-2008, 05:08 PM
The swap will be EG with B18CR.

EG5, is it worth it though? $600 is a fair bit considering I don't know if it's worthwhile getting.

Is it only worth getting if the rest of the car is up to spec? Decent coil overs, traction bar etc?

if you see on our thread the price has been reduced on hasport products.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53266

some people can get away without traction bar for drag racing.
but suspension is a must for circuit and drag racing.

bennjamin
13-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Using any sort of reinforced mounts will put more stress n your drive train components. But with everyday driving it is fine. All you will notice is a light vibration at idle in your dash or steering wheel.

as above if you are tight on cash , you can reuse all your RUBBER mounts onto your B8c setup. Best to DIY fill them with something like sikaflex 255 to reinforce. Cost = $20 for the tube and works fine ( but do it PROPERLY)

V73C
14-04-2008, 02:42 AM
how hard can this sikaflex settle, and will it be just as strong as poloy inserts ??? will it break and crack and fall to pieces in short period of time or last for abit ???

Migoreng_Noodles
14-04-2008, 10:36 AM
if you see on our thread the price has been reduced on hasport products.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53266

some people can get away without traction bar for drag racing.
but suspension is a must for circuit and drag racing.

Hi Yonas,

No doubt if I decide to go with Hasport, I'll buy them from you. I'm just trying to determine if it's worth getting from an amatuer street/track/drag car perspective, or if it's just bling.

Most people get it from a bling point of view, although I accept with the Poly inserts they should be stronger?

Using any sort of reinforced mounts will put more stress n your drive train components. But with everyday driving it is fine. All you will notice is a light vibration at idle in your dash or steering wheel.

as above if you are tight on cash , you can reuse all your RUBBER mounts onto your B8c setup. Best to DIY fill them with something like sikaflex 255 to reinforce. Cost = $20 for the tube and works fine ( but do it PROPERLY)

Thanks benjamin. Will I be forced to go with a HD Clutch? Should I expect my CV Boots to go more frequently? It's not me being tight on cost, but I'm trying to focus on buying the best parts for the job.

I know alot of other builds on here go 'all out' and spend a shit load of money but I'm just trying to find a nice balance of 'bang for buck' yet still keeping with the Toda headers, Hondata etc.

JasonGilholme
14-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I agree with you about spending money where its needed.

Engine mounts are always something you can do later on if need be. So if you put the engine in and then feel like you'd benefit from stronger mounts then get them.

Migoreng_Noodles
14-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks JasonGilholme. I think I agree with you and will skip the Hasports. I'll spend the big money on the important bits. It's not going to be a show car anyway.

And if after it's done, I still think it's affecting my 1/4 mile, then I can always install them.

My thread is asking "is it a must have" and I think we can all agree it's not?

JasonGilholme
14-04-2008, 01:34 PM
its not a must have for your engine swap but depending on the quarter mile time you produce it could be.

I've got a set and the quality is awesome. If you are in need of engine mounts theres no better option :thumbsup:

CB7_OWNER
14-04-2008, 03:41 PM
OEM Mounts are made of rubber or some stuff like that,.. im pretty sure the Hasport ones are made from polyurethane or even some better stuff >>resulting in less or no deformation under heat and stress >> hence better engine/throttle response + less movement of the engine...which improves launching i heard from some1.

fatboyz39
14-04-2008, 04:39 PM
there a good upgrade and added bling.

Try looking at innovative mounts, there abit cheaper and do the same job as hasport.

blk_shadow
15-06-2008, 02:33 AM
if there will be a vibration on the dash and or steering wheel during idling, will it make the dash parts rattle after a while tho?