PDA

View Full Version : Integra DC5S

Mitsubishi
12-04-2008, 06:38 AM
Hi OzHonda,

I've just come over from Mitsubishi and bought my first Honda :thumbsup:

Picking up my Type-S next week and have already ordered my GruppeM intake. Along with that I still haven't decided on what exhaust system to choose.

Just to let you know, I'm over the whole full-blown modifying. Just looking at having an intake, exhaust system (decent/quite at idle, and "WOW!" in the VTEC zone). Just the basic bolt-ons.

With that said, I have been reading a couple threads surrounding exhaust systems. There are members advising on Mugen, Spoon B Pipe, Fuji Powergetter, Fuji RM01A as well as 5zigen's setup. I've read from too loud (Mugen and Bpipe), clearance issues with another a few others.

I am leaning more towards the Fuji Powergetter, Fuji RM01A or the 5zigen setup. I viewed some video's online and find the Fuji setup to be quite nice. Quiet at idle and cruise and a nice tone during VTEC. Though, I do notice they drone when revved.

My friend owns a Type S, same intake with the 5zigen setup which I like too but I wanted to hear from others with the Fuji setup (either exhaust system) who own the DC5R or S and their thoughts.

Thank you :wave:

iversonruls
12-04-2008, 07:30 AM
how much r u getting the gruppem for?

Mitsubishi
12-04-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm getting it for about $970 AUD shipped.

Why, is there something I'm missing out on?

Dr.k20z1
12-04-2008, 01:24 PM
get rmo1a for sure..

its like fully quiet at idle haha like a tiny tiny tiny tiny bit louder than stock..
but wen vtec kicks in.. ull be smiling for sure!... no rice sound or anything!

btw clearance is gay with most exhaust systems, if ur gonna lower ur car whether on coils or springs, sideways on speed humps is the way to go.. otherwise ur zorst is gonna scrap haha

oo btw.. our type s's have a heat cover thingy where the exhaust hangs, its around the end of the bpipe where i think i heard some ppl just bend that piece of steel straight (because its curved around), so the exhaust doesnt hit it and make ur car sound cheap from rattling!

i think this is because its a type r zorst on type s or somthing.. correct me if im wrong.. but yeah thats what i think!

well hope this helps!

Mitsubishi
13-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the help there DRK20.

I was leaning more towards the RM01A.

In terms of power, I'm assuming all most exhaust systems are relatively same in results, but does anyone have an opinion on the 5zigen exhaust setup?

Anyone know if I can source the RM01A locally or does it have to be overseas? If so, anyone know where I can order this?

Cheers

dyljoy
13-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Hi, according I owned DC5R with RM01A setup b4, u should be careful the B-pipe will be hitted very easy once u lower ur car. Otherwise, I vote for it! To source them, u can contact with some traders in ozhonda's trader section. Like Maxhondapower, JDMyard or JDMconcept. Choose the best price between them and grab it back, they all great trader who can trust with! Better than source it oversea as take risk.

Mitsubishi
13-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the quick reply dyljoy.

I won't be lowering the car at all, so should this be okay?

Thanks for the trader details, appreciate that. Did some research and came up with Max Hondapower which I have already sent a PM. I'll look at JDMyard and JDMconcept after this post, thanks again.

EDIT: Did you have Max Hondapower's number? They only had an email in a previous "sale clearance".

dyljoy
13-04-2008, 01:31 AM
if u won't lower it, then should be ok.
btw: u have pm!

Thanks for the quick reply dyljoy.

I won't be lowering the car at all, so should this be okay?

Thanks for the trader details, appreciate that. Did some research and came up with Max Hondapower which I have already sent a PM. I'll look at JDMyard and JDMconcept after this post, thanks again.

EDIT: Did you have Max Hondapower's number? They only had an email in a previous "sale clearance".

Mitsubishi
13-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Thanks mate!

If there are any rattling issues, I'll just get some padded spacers and place it between to reduce the noise!

dyljoy
13-04-2008, 01:53 AM
No problem, welcome to ask any question here, we are all friends!

Chi
13-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Doesnt matter what exhaust you get the b pipe will be very low.

Alot of people have lowered there cars and have an exhaust, i mean for driving on normal raods its not a prob unless u have a massive speed hump in that case you will have to learn some good angling car skills to manuever.

I reckon teh power getting sounds nicer than the RM 01A.

Also if you can, get a decent set of headers and a tuneable ecu and you will be laughing.

Mitsubishi
13-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Doesnt matter what exhaust you get the b pipe will be very low.

Alot of people have lowered there cars and have an exhaust, i mean for driving on normal raods its not a prob unless u have a massive speed hump in that case you will have to learn some good angling car skills to manuever.

I reckon teh power getting sounds nicer than the RM 01A.

Also if you can, get a decent set of headers and a tuneable ecu and you will be laughing.

Yeah, I've decided not to go down the whole modifying route again. At least thats what I said. Just a basic intake and exhaust and that should be fine. Who knows, I might get bitten by the modding bug!

Yeah I hear Powergetter is good, very similar but louder.

Mitsubishi
13-04-2008, 03:03 AM
Anyone have any take on the Buddyclub exhaust system?

maracer
13-04-2008, 10:09 AM
What about TODA cat back?

Mitsubishi
13-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Well, actually, I scrap the BC exhaust system, reviews aren't that great. Though RM01A is a popular choice, I do have a problem with that drone when the accelerator is released. During cruise and WOT, its beautiful!

Though I am performance orientated, TODA would be a great choice. However, I need the looks to match. Many have said the TODA muffler looks weird and it's long, 'penis' looking or something along the lines.

GIPONU
13-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Love the nickname She.
btw its Mcgyver here =P

2002 TeGgY
13-04-2008, 04:05 PM
power getter FTW

BusterSonic12
13-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, actually, I scrap the BC exhaust system, reviews aren't that great. Though RM01A is a popular choice, I do have a problem with that drone when the accelerator is released. During cruise and WOT, its beautiful!

Though I am performance orientated, TODA would be a great choice. However, I need the looks to match. Many have said the TODA muffler looks weird and it's long, 'penis' looking or something along the lines.

i agree!! the toda muffler tip looks bit weird for my liking :thumbdwn: i'm more of the cannon type of person. e.g. RM01A.

RSX_DC5R
14-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Hey dude,

Just got my gruppeM installed yesterday on my DC5R. So the whole setup I/H/E is complete. Tested it and I couldn't be happier. If you like it to be quiet, you could try HKS Hi Power Silent, they are very quiet when idle but at high rev they are loud...had that on my previous R34....My current one is RM01A and very satisfied...Performance wise between RM01A and Powergetter are about the same but I dislike Powergetter exhaust tip...

Btw, my setup = GruppeM > Toda Racing Header > RM01A

just my 2cent...

dyljoy
14-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Well done, mate. Expecting ur final result of output after ur setup complete. when will u do the Dyno tune?

Hey dude,

Just got my gruppeM installed yesterday on my DC5R. So the whole setup I/H/E is complete. Tested it and I couldn't be happier. If you like it to be quiet, you could try HKS Hi Power Silent, they are very quiet when idle but at high rev they are loud...had that on my previous R34....My current one is RM01A and very satisfied...Performance wise between RM01A and Powergetter are about the same but I dislike Powergetter exhaust tip...

just my 2cent...

Dr.k20z1
14-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks mate!

If there are any rattling issues, I'll just get some padded spacers and place it between to reduce the noise!

just remember too bro.. most of these guys are owners of DC5R's! and i got told the DC5S has a heat shield cover thing and i even spotted what the zorst was hitting so yeah..

wen i get time..i will be heading to the zorst shop to fix that heat cover thingy! u will see it trust me wen u go under ur car :P

:D

Mitsubishi
14-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Hey dude,

just my 2cent...

Haha, that was the exact road I was thinking of heading. Well glad to know, that way I can ask you questions :thumbsup:

But in terms of the RM01A, whats it like on idle, rev and vtec? I noticed on videos it has that drone (I hate it) but during cruise/vtec its sweet. I know you have headers as well so it could affect the overall sound.

Powegetter tip is too long for my liking really.

Mitsubishi
14-04-2008, 11:19 PM
just remember too bro.. most of these guys are owners of DC5R's! and i got told the DC5S has a heat shield cover thing and i even spotted what the zorst was hitting so yeah..

wen i get time..i will be heading to the zorst shop to fix that heat cover thingy! u will see it trust me wen u go under ur car :P

:D

Yeah I know, but from what I've researched, they're pretty similar. But any modification I buy, I'll ask anyway, but thanks for the heads up!

RSX_DC5R
15-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Hey Joy,

I haven't really got time to dyno it but I will let you guys know what the power output is.

Well done, mate. Expecting ur final result of output after ur setup complete. when will u do the Dyno tune?

RSX_DC5R
15-04-2008, 12:08 AM
I find that RM01A is quiet as mouse when idle but when VTEC kicks in, thats a whole different story, it screams! Having said that, when revving it hard, its quite loud (I would rate it moderate) but not those kind of loud that makes your ears feel like exploding. I think it has a nice racing noise and suit my liking.

Personally, I like this type of exshaust and I am really happy with it. Plus now with the RAWRRRR of the GruppeM....feel like Vtec it all the time...LOL

I am yet to dyno it but really haven't got time these days...hopefully i can spare some time in near future.

Haha, that was the exact road I was thinking of heading. Well glad to know, that way I can ask you questions :thumbsup:

But in terms of the RM01A, whats it like on idle, rev and vtec? I noticed on videos it has that drone (I hate it) but during cruise/vtec its sweet. I know you have headers as well so it could affect the overall sound.

Powegetter tip is too long for my liking really.

air23box
15-04-2008, 12:24 AM
What are you all talking about......Mugen rules......lol......jkjk......
RM01A acturally quiet similar to mugen twinloop but once you complete ur I/H/E it will be louder on idle.......but consider the price and make quality.....they are gold.....I reckon this is the one to go.....have fun in ur new Type S bro.....:thumbsup:

2002 TeGgY
15-04-2008, 11:17 AM
y get gruppem when u can get injen :P

Chi
15-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Because you ahve to cut bits and pieces to fit injen, and chances of hydro lock are higher

Where as gruppeM is a straightbolt in and fills in the engine bay nicely with CF goodness.

2002 TeGgY
15-04-2008, 08:31 PM
so jus for show? Lol puk payin double the price jus for show

Dr.k20z1
15-04-2008, 09:39 PM
soo true.. **** paying double for show :P

Chi
15-04-2008, 09:49 PM

I assume the same concept applies to the intake.

GruppeM for looks and gains !

2002 TeGgY
15-04-2008, 09:56 PM
dude whos gonna look under the hood? Lol every one to their own i suppose ;)

GIPONU
15-04-2008, 11:16 PM
some parts looks better than others.
ie, gruppe m intake.
i'd go with the mugen. Branded stuff ftw!

Chi
16-04-2008, 08:53 AM
dude whos gonna look under the hood? Lol every one to their own i suppose ;)

Police officers, thieves after they jack the car, mechanics, friends who wanna check out the blingness of the engine bay, people at track day when they wanna inspect the car etc etc.

But then again who really cares if you mod a dc5, its only a 4 cyl FWD Honda at the end of the day.

Each to their own I suppose.

Mattski_VTIR
16-04-2008, 07:09 PM
You will enjoy the Gruppe-m on your Type S, throttle response and sound are well worth the money! I have a full Toda system, great quality and gains.. the tip is a love or hate thing though... But it really is a great sounding system, can't hear it on the free way but has a great note when on Vtec!! I can PM pic of tip if your interested
Cheers

2002 TeGgY
16-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Police officers, thieves after they jack the car, mechanics, friends who wanna check out the blingness of the engine bay, people at track day when they wanna inspect the car etc etc.

But then again who really cares if you mod a dc5, its only a 4 cyl FWD Honda at the end of the day.

Each to their own I suppose.

Fair enough. Lol cops thought i had an intercooler wen they looked at my engine bay...

Mitsubishi
16-04-2008, 10:07 PM
I find that RM01A is quiet as mouse when idle but when VTEC kicks in, thats a whole different story, it screams! Having said that, when revving it hard, its quite loud (I would rate it moderate) but not those kind of loud that makes your ears feel like exploding. I think it has a nice racing noise and suit my liking.

Personally, I like this type of exshaust and I am really happy with it. Plus now with the RAWRRRR of the GruppeM....feel like Vtec it all the time...LOL

I am yet to dyno it but really haven't got time these days...hopefully i can spare some time in near future.

It's good you mentioned that. I wanted that exhaust which on idle, is not raspy, tinny, loud and ricy. I think this exhaust is the way to go. When vtec kicks in with this exhaust, I'm assuming its not like an unpleasant sound, moreso satisfying! :thumbsup:

Mitsubishi
16-04-2008, 10:12 PM
What are you all talking about......Mugen rules......lol......jkjk......
RM01A acturally quiet similar to mugen twinloop but once you complete ur I/H/E it will be louder on idle.......but consider the price and make quality.....they are gold.....I reckon this is the one to go.....have fun in ur new Type S bro.....:thumbsup:

Thanks mate, GruppeM intake on its way, and hopefully the RM01A in the next week.

Can't wait!

Mitsubishi
17-04-2008, 09:18 PM
If you fellas had to choose between RM01A or Progetter, what would it be?

Please have a reason.

2002 TeGgY
17-04-2008, 10:10 PM
look man, power getter is the louder version, RM01A is a bit quieter...

Mitsubishi
18-04-2008, 09:58 AM
look man, power getter is the louder version, RM01A is a bit quieter...

Look man, Thanks.

Cheer up :thumbsup:

Mitsubishi
19-04-2008, 01:41 AM
Does anyone know where I can get one of these?

http://xposed.au.com/photos/19/1177468139_DSC01619.JPG

Installed my Gruppem intake - it's beautiful, noticeable gains, quality workmanship and vtec kicks in hard :D

SiR CRX
12-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Any probs fitting your intake? I am getting a DC5S too and plan on a GruppeM intake and full Toda system. Also if anyone has a TODA system on their DC5 could you please post a pic.

Sorry for hijacking :D

Tegzieboi_BAR
13-06-2008, 12:00 PM
sorry guys... these exhausts that u speak of here... what diameter are we talkin? also how much approx are they, im assuming its cat-back, right?

Im mainly interested in the RM01A