PDA

View Full Version : Fog Light Wiring Troubles

dahon
12-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Hey guys,

I just picked up a set of 1996-98 civic foglights and while wiring it up ive run into a problem. I kno all the foglight connections have been in place already, ive hooked up the foglights through to the cabin, the only problem is with the fuse box connections.
Now i have two 1-pin connectors i need to plug into the connector spacings above the internal fuse box. One being the wiring to turn on the foglight harness light, connection to the instrument cluser itself, and the other - thicker wire im guessing for headlight power. at the moment this is how it looks:

[1][2][3][888][4]
(socket 888 is where your fuse pliers are)

From working it out (i blew two fuses.. :( ) i can see that [1] is a constant 12V in, [2] is the instrument cluster lights.

at the moment in the instruction manuals i need to plug the 12V connector to socket 1, while the instrument cluster to socket 2. now heres the problem. i have something connected to socket 1 (dont worry what it is, but it needs that constant on 12v connection). What i want to know is where else i can plug that other connection to, where else is there that i can plug into that is 12V?