PDA

View Full Version : Time for more moderators?

dc2dc2dc2
13-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Hello Mod/Admin Team.

I'd like to express my concerns regarding moderators. I noticed a retirement of quite a few moderators of late. Is it time to pick up some more moderators? Or do you guys think the mods you currently have are/is doing a sufficient job. I just notice a lack of moderation. Also the introductions of the build forum means more work which is not exactly what any moderator wants.

Opinions/thoughts/rants or stfu gtfo stop causing trouble comments welcome.

Thanks.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
13-04-2008, 01:17 PM
ill do. im fair because i hate everybody

LOL yes mod/admin material right here :p

But seriousely a few extra mods may be good as i have also noticed that the mod team has shrunk recently and we users of ozhonda do not want the current mods to be stretched out too far :(

Anyway will keep an eye on this thread :p

ek4-guy-A few of the members and myself have been talking about the reducing numbers of mods here so i think Dc2^3 deserves a pat on the back for making this thread!

*pats dc2^3 on back*

Btw lets not assume because when you assume you make an ass of u and me :p

ek4-guy
13-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Ok my input is who would you have have this moderator be?

Also as for me wanting to be a moderator well it's down on record from last week how much i would Not like to be a moderator. Maybe you are one that should not assume things.

As for me being spam police, well i dont mind spam when it's in the right places. But i can't stand it in serious threads.

dc2dc2dc2
13-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Oh i'm not who i want moderators to be.
Im just asking if the mod team thinks they need moderators
if they don't then that be it
if they do
thats up to them to deciede who they think meets the requirements to be a mod :)

SHOGUNOVDDRK
13-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Ok my input is who would you have have this moderator be?

That is a good question actually!

I believe that really should be left to the mod's to decide on who becomes a mod!

Lets remember they have not responded with there thoughts and opinions on if they are in need of another person to help with the load!

xtercii
13-04-2008, 07:00 PM
less mods = more fun on the site

bennjamin
13-04-2008, 09:39 PM
guys stop talking crap

Tai we are talking of new mods in the mods corner - feel free to suggest some real people that would fit the bill tho ( we will take it into consideration)

SiReal
13-04-2008, 09:47 PM
If we all cut down the excessive spamming that has been occuring for the past few months, then moderation would be alot easier and the site easier to manage.

Some tips to assist moderators if some of you are so keen to get some new ones on board:

1. Cut the excessive spamming
2. Spam only in the spam thread
3. Stay on topic
4. Don't flame

People on most Yankee forums can do it, why can't we?

dc2dc2dc2
13-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Honestly... I cannot think of anyone who would be a good mod.
All people who are currently mods are the best people for the job.
That being said i've probably missed out on some quality members who are perfect for the job.

jords
14-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Old Yesterday, 01:51 AM
krogoth
This message has been deleted by bennjamin.
Old Yesterday, 02:40 AM
ek4-guy
Old Yesterday, 02:46 AM
dc2dc2dc2
Old Yesterday, 02:52 AM
ek4-guy
Old Yesterday, 03:09 AM
Mr_will
Old Yesterday, 03:12 AM
dc2dc2dc2

What was so bad that all these were deleted, are we living in australia or under a communist dictatorship where things are suppressed.

SiReal
14-04-2008, 04:04 PM
That post above does not contribute to this conversation and hence was not necessary. It will probably be deleted like the other ones.

Re topic, its still in the works. Be patient.

dc2dc2dc2
14-04-2008, 04:05 PM
oh jords honeslty it was nothing much
pretty much off topic crap
ek4-guy accused me of having another whole evil motive for starting such a thread.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
14-04-2008, 04:17 PM
oh jords honeslty it was nothing much
pretty much off topic crap
ek4-guy accused me of having another whole evil motive for starting such a thread.

Honestly would the doggie in his avatar do such a thing?

Its spam/bull crap like that which causes the mods to be stressed

If you have a problem with a fellow member go sought it out in the spam thread or via pm :thumbsup:

Hey mods just curious why is dc2dc2dc2 nolonger apart of the mod team?

Was he a part of mod team as a temporary thing or fulltime?

(dont have to explain to me just curious)

dc2dc2dc2
14-04-2008, 04:18 PM
pm sent to you.

panda[cRx]
14-04-2008, 05:34 PM
the moderating isn't THAT bad atm, there's just more idiots on here now which are making retarded posts and having other members spam/flame the shit outta them

xtercii
14-04-2008, 06:50 PM
You are one of the idiots who had to make fun of someone who has just lost his car, and subsequent to that aaronng had to put in the extra moderating effort by deleting your post.

wynode
14-04-2008, 10:41 PM
;1635610']the moderating isn't THAT bad atm, there's just more idiots on here now which are making retarded posts and having other members spam/flame the shit outta them
I have to agree with this.

There is just too much spam and BS replies and issues being raised. You only have to look at the thread where we announced that signature advertising is no longer allowed.

Moderators can only do so much that you can't start pointing fingers at them for not cleaning up the crap that some of you guys have left behind in this forum. Moderators can only guide the forum in the right direction, however if you guys keep making comments like the one below.....then don't be surprised if the moderators start cracking down on you more.

less mods = more fun on the site