PDA

View Full Version : fn2 Type R

Void
13-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Finaly came to the choice of getting a black fn2 Type r in about 3 or 4 weeks time

Now ive settled on the rims on a set of buddyclub p-1 sf Racing wheels in gun metal with P-1 Racing Lug Nuts

But iam stuck on engine wise. jtune are coming up with a kit claiming 220kw but wont say what it consists of or when its gonna come out (headwallbash) all they have is the extream kit consisting of exhaust system air filter, intake gasket,and tuned ecu.
Iam more of a " how fast can i go around that corner befor i loose it" kinda guy, love hill climbs.
So suspension will be a major thing for me. Dont want to lower it anymore then stock but want it to handle better

Iam in need of idea's, websites with prices usa or aus, and any other suggestions

amato2
13-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Use the search function on the site!

However because of the recent release of this civic i dont think there is heaps of parts around, you would prob get more answers from a UK civic forum
http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/ for example.

Have you test drove the car at all cause i drove one and was very suprised at the setup considering it was bone stock, Overall they are a gr8 car and i find that alot of the reviews about the handling being hard and the car lacking torque dont come across as extreme as most reviews say.

So yeah sorry to blab a bit but best bet for more info is search for a UK forum or also check out hondatech they have a dedicated FN2R forum.

PS: I bought a milano Red one last week MY08 model too!! HEHE

BUY 1!!!!!!! NOW :P

Void
13-04-2008, 05:57 PM
have not been able to drive one yet due to work commitments
Ive had the chance to sit in it and ect.
Looked under the car and Holy shit its all flat panels covering everything.

Void
13-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Wow. been scrolling that website and already found a company (tho in the uk) pumping out stuff for the fn2
http://www.jasmotorsport.com/civicTypeRGr.htm
they do gear for the rally type r civics and also sell the gear to the public
Its making my mouth water . This one knocked me off my chair " Engine upgrade: Mugen
Camshafts -mugen
ECu remap Mugen
Upgraded engine mounts. Hard, rigid
racing limited slip diff
Iam like a kid in a candy store and iam only on the 4th of 6 pages long

jimmeh
13-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Read the JTune website they have more than the Extreme kit which they are working on… I have a client who I saving for the Extreme Supercharged kit…
JTune Mild Flash Upgrade for the FN2
Have your standard ECU flashed, and or buy a full replacement ECU. Immobiliser and all standard features are 100% functional.
JTune Extreme FN2 Package
This package has been developed to give a great starting of bolt on accessories for the FN2. The Extreme package consists of the following products.
JTune FN2 Cold air intake
JTune FN2 Battery Relocation kit
JTune 4-2-1 Exhaust manifold
JTune High Flow cat
JTune Twin Exhaust Twin muffler duel exist exhaust system
Hondata FN2 Intake Manifold Gasket
JTune Extreme Flash
JTune Ultimate FN2 Package
This package has been developed for the ultimate naturally aspired fan, keeping with the traditional Honda thyme of making power without forced induction. The Ultimate package consists of the following products.
JTune High Flow cat
JTune Spec J Custom Toda Cams
JTune Valve springs to suit Spec J Cams
JTune Ultimate Flash
JTune Standard Supercharger FN2 Package
This package has been developed to give a standard car a taste of forced induction, compatible with the standard intake and standard complete exhaust. It’s also a fantastic stealth power upgrade, minus the squealing noise of the supercharger spinning to 8500rpm. The Standard Supercharger FN2 package consists of the following products.
JTune FN2r Supercharger kit
JTune RC 660cc Injectors
JTune Standard Supercharge Flash
JTune Extreme Supercharger FN2 Package
This package has been developed with one aim in mind, extreme forced induction performance, combined with the Extreme kit, this package is our largest power production package, turning the FN2 into a pocket rocket.
The Extreme Supercharger FN2 package consists of the following products.
JTune High Flow cat
JTune Supercharged Extreme Flash
JTune FN2r Supercharger kit
JTune RC 660cc Injectors

aaronng
13-04-2008, 11:49 PM
So are you selling your rims? :p

Void
14-04-2008, 06:56 AM
jimmeh- jtune dont know when they will release the packages and wont tell me either
Yes i will sell my rims. eventually

r-r-redEuro
14-04-2008, 04:46 PM
you will get some pm from me when you decide to sell your rims =)

lukits01
14-04-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm selling mine ;-)

MrThanh
14-04-2008, 10:15 PM
jtune looks so overpriced. wait a while and more stuff will become available.

BusterSonic12
18-04-2008, 07:44 PM
didn't wanna make a new thread about such small question so i thought i will just write it here lol

does the FN2R come with LSD?

Felix
18-04-2008, 09:13 PM
does the FN2R come with LSD?

no...

yfin
18-04-2008, 09:27 PM
before you buy the Jtune kit make sure you look at the hondata thread in the Euro forum. Caveat emptor.