PDA

View Full Version : SRI pod filter cover/box/airbox

johnprocter
13-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Was just wondering, with the NSW laws that all pods on SRI's have to be in a box, where exactly can i buy a box which fits over a euro SRI and pod and how much are they? thanks

enkay
13-04-2008, 06:00 PM
hm not sure if u can just buy a box to cover it, but u can do what aarong did and make a custom one.
he wrote up a diy for this

BusterSonic12
13-04-2008, 06:24 PM
a box for the intake? i think you need a Ghetto™ airbox.

CB7_OWNER
13-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, if your car looks stock on the outside... i dun see it likely that a copper is goner pop your hood....but that aside... yeh people usually custom make, with aluminum (easy to bend and shape).. and then coat it on the outside with some thermal stuffs.

Crapdaz
13-04-2008, 07:41 PM
if your car is a sleeper on the outside coppers wont open hood but if its fully sik n stuff and loud as more likely to...
only way that i think is ghetto style like aaron.

johnprocter
13-04-2008, 08:04 PM
lol mines not exactly "fully sick" LOL just m3 lip spoiler and red read H badge hehehe :D

BusterSonic12
13-04-2008, 08:19 PM
lol mines not exactly "fully sick" LOL just m3 lip spoiler and red read H badge hehehe :D

pfft i reckon you will be fine LOL cops got skylines s15 sti to worry about.
just don't hoon around near the cop.

biee2
13-04-2008, 08:23 PM
the other day my dad bought home this aluminium roll from bunnings that i reckon would make a perfect custom sri housing.....its realli easy to bend so should make things easy......he uses it on the roof of the house so the water runs over the aluminium and onto the carport, so it doesnt go in between the gap of the carport and the house. looks realli cool and shiny and soft as....i can bend it just lik that, now i just need to steal some......hehe