PDA

View Full Version : D2 Racing Coilovers

mmmsxc
14-04-2008, 10:54 AM
hi guys. just wondering your impression and thoughts of d2 racing coilovers? are they as good as tein ss?

aaronng
14-04-2008, 10:55 AM
In my opinion, not as good in build quality (from taking one off an Euro and inspecting it). But if you want real life experience of D2, ask Atjo or EuroAccord13.

EuroAccord13
14-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Why ask me? I don't have D2 coilovers.....

Anyway, on a serious note, they are value for money, can drop the car lower than most brands but quality is sometimes an issue. it's so far a 50/50 split between people who have used it.

The springs are short and when you jack your car up, the springs will in most cases become loose in between the top and bottom spring perch on full spring decompression. This can cause the rubber seats on the perch to fall our of place and I've seen them get crushed and torn badly by the springs when the car is lowered back down again.

I've also seen cases of D2 shocks leaking but those were on cars overseas...

aaronng
14-04-2008, 06:13 PM
^^ Because you have driven more cars with D2 on them than I have. :)

mmmsxc
14-04-2008, 07:26 PM
hmmmm. now thats got me thinking. i really want a pair of tein ss but then its too pricey for me atm... dont know what to do!

ACTI0NMAN-1
14-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I have D2s and no problem from me. They are pretty good for the price on a DA9/6 but havent heard much from other cars.

bennjamin
14-04-2008, 07:36 PM
if you care for your ride and want suspension that will last for more than a few months at lowered height , do not get D2 coilovers. They are not quality product and will not last compared to most other alternatives.

mugen88
14-04-2008, 09:06 PM
hmmmm. now thats got me thinking. i really want a pair of tein ss but then its too pricey for me atm... dont know what to do!

keep saving until yr ready and u wont have any regrets. :thumbsup:

ACTI0NMAN-1
14-04-2008, 09:07 PM
what do you want your suspension for track or street?

raz05
14-04-2008, 11:04 PM
There is actually a 2nd hand set for sale on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/D2-Coilovers-for-Honda-Accord-Euro_W0QQitemZ180232912803QQihZ008QQcategoryZ6763Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

mmmsxc
15-04-2008, 03:41 PM
street set up. not thinking of taking the car to the track.

aaronng
15-04-2008, 03:49 PM
street set up. not thinking of taking the car to the track.

Do you need height adjustment? If not, go for Eibach+Bilsteins. Better than SS in my opinion.

tony1234
15-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Do you need height adjustment? If not, go for Eibach+Bilsteins. Better than SS in my opinion.
I agree.:angel:

ADM13R
03-11-2008, 06:09 PM
i have g4 coilovers on my o5 euro. they are the same as d2 just a different colour. and they are not too bad though everytime i hit a bump there is a noise coming from the back suspension and today i was driving and heard some clunk which didnt sound too good. in my opinion they are ok for the price but as ppl say u get what u pay for. i heard the tops of the coilovers make noise really quickly which is what i think happened to mine. although they do adjust alot lower than others :-) :-) :-)

BeLowZeRo
03-11-2008, 08:11 PM
I bought a second hand D2 and regret of buying it. I know its cheap and can lower your car considerably, but the ride comfort is shit. It was so hard that the car feels like it doesn't have any suspension on it. Eventhough I set it to softest configuration, I still don't like it. Hence back to stock shock with super low king and still have the good ride height with 20's rims and unbelievably comfy as well.

Crapdaz
04-11-2008, 06:04 AM
coilovers are like that especially d2 and tein flex/mfp and higher grade.

but each to their own because some people have a cement back, my tein mfp gives myself a sore back and it does get annoying find that the softest setting makes the most noise and stiffest produces close to nothing from bumps, unsmooth roads.

i am thinking about changing to eibach and bilstein combo.

btw
belowzero - where did you buy the coilovers from? overseas or local set? As local set would have the preload of the spring set for ozzie rds and overseas stock gets preloaded to their own country, that could play a part of uncomfyness.

George euro
04-11-2008, 07:17 AM
why not looking into k sport coilover suspension they are exellent my car is on its ass atm and they drive exellent they are still very smooth u can have it as soft as stock if u like, ask CRAPDAZ we was bouncing my boot on the cruise lol and they dont make any noises im pretty happy with them to be honest

Crapdaz
04-11-2008, 08:54 AM
why not looking into k sport coilover suspension they are exellent my car is on its ass atm and they drive exellent they are still very smooth u can have it as soft as stock if u like, ask CRAPDAZ we was bouncing my boot on the cruise lol and they dont make any noises im pretty happy with them to be honest

Ksport - softer than stock <-- bouncing fun!!!

Tein MFP - softest setting <-- can't even push it down at all.

George euro
04-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Ksport - softer than stock <-- bouncing fun!!!

Tein MFP - softest setting <-- can't even push it down at all.

see but thats the good thing, it doesnt make u bounce the car absobs the shock wen u hit a bump u can also make it very stiff , but for comfort the tein if u can push it down that simple means wen u hit a bump u bounce see wat im saying?

Crapdaz
04-11-2008, 12:45 PM
see but thats the good thing, it doesnt make u bounce the car absobs the shock wen u hit a bump u can also make it very stiff , but for comfort the tein if u can push it down that simple means wen u hit a bump u bounce see wat im saying?

If i think what your saying is that the k sport absorbs all the impact more because it's softer. :p

And as in my experience Tein MFP is designed for track and not street driving.

aaronng
04-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Not really. That means Ksport dampers are not effective at low speed bumps (like when you push the car down with your hand) compared to Monoflex which still damp slow movements. The previous model, Flex which I have, you can push down on the boot and the car will move even when I set it to 5 clicks from softest. This is because Flex doesn't have the microvalving that is in Monoflex (and CS). But when you do sharp movements, the dampers damp movement very well.

George euro
04-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Not really. That means Ksport dampers are not effective at low speed bumps (like when you push the car down with your hand) compared to Monoflex which still damp slow movements. The previous model, Flex which I have, you can push down on the boot and the car will move even when I set it to 5 clicks from softest. This is because Flex doesn't have the microvalving that is in Monoflex (and CS). But when you do sharp movements, the dampers damp movement very well.

i dunno all i know is i can adjust everything to way i have set mine up is to basically ride smoothly as most people would like as its for street use not off road, its an accord euro not a race car, in the end of the day its a luxury car and i want the ride to stay that way, therefore making to remain as smooth as possible, on the other hand that can all be adjusted to be for offroad use tho

euro_tr4sh
04-11-2008, 08:01 PM
i got d2 on my car, and apart from creaking every now and then iv haven't had a single problem with them, ill admit theyre not up to scratch with companies like tein, but for 1400 fitted it was the best option for me

BeLowZeRo
10-11-2008, 07:47 PM
belowzero - where did you buy the coilovers from? overseas or local set? As local set would have the preload of the spring set for ozzie rds and overseas stock gets preloaded to their own country, that could play a part of uncomfyness.

Hmm.. I'm not too sure though since i bought it from aus-ebay, so i thought it was a local set. I dunno what to do with the coilovers now, it just sitting in my garage. Any idea how to make use of my D2? Where can we get the preload spring for ozzie rds? I reckon its gonna have to be custom made spring isn't it?

doosra
10-11-2008, 09:44 PM
i've got a set of d2 coilovers for the brand new 2008 Honda Accord on the way. i'm not after performance, I just want the ability to lower it roughly 2" all round and adjust it to the right height whenever i want.... and for the price $1350 shipped to my door, can't really complain

Crapdaz
11-11-2008, 06:53 AM
goodluck with them doosra let us know how they go.

doosra
19-11-2008, 07:18 PM
D2 Coilovers have arrived from Taiwan.. will be installing them on the accord on the Saturday.. will let you know how it goes..

nesterjester
19-11-2008, 08:23 PM
make sure you post pics!
2 inch .. should look nice!

do u have a website where you got them from?

doosra
20-11-2008, 07:58 AM
www.d2racingsports.com.au

i'll post some pics over the weekend..

moo moo nel
03-12-2008, 10:40 PM
not trying to take a piss here...but good luck to you, doosra

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7902/opentrackdayaaron064ah8.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1396/opentrackdayaaron060ys8.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1417/opentrackdayaaron061va3.jpg

:eek:

doosra
03-12-2008, 10:53 PM
lol, car accident?

Installed on an 08 Accord, has been on there for a couple of weeks and have been sweet as. the damper is set on the middle and its not too hard. I got there cause i wanted adjustable suspension, not for smashing corners or track. Happy with it so far considering it was only1350.

tony1234
04-12-2008, 06:17 AM

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7902/opentrackdayaaron064ah8.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1396/opentrackdayaaron060ys8.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1417/opentrackdayaaron061va3.jpg

By these pics i'm assuming this car was tracked so hopefully doosra won't suffer a similar fate as he is only using it on the street.

Crapdaz
04-12-2008, 06:19 AM
yeh he shouldn't as that car would pull out heaps more power than our euroZ

doosra - did you have any pics of the D2 prior to getting them put on, so we can see the quality?

aaronng
04-12-2008, 07:14 AM

[img]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7902/opentrackdayaaron064ah8.jpg[img]
[img]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1396/opentrackdayaaron060ys8.jpg[img]
[img]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1417/opentrackdayaaron061va3.jpg[img]

I don't see the relevance. That car clearly hit something or went off the track at high speed because the damper rod is bent and broken.

tectalk
06-12-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't see the relevance. That car clearly hit something or went off the track at high speed because the damper rod is bent and broken.

yea i agree with u mate i have D2 coilovers in my car its dumped and looks fat as they are fine as long as u dont track. they are a very good ride height coilover and makes it sit low as i put them in my car apart from creaks on the odd occasion they are awesome. ill put some pics up if u guys want?

Crapdaz
06-12-2008, 08:06 PM
well as said if you don't track then its fine but better to have coilies that are reserviceable within australia e.g teins or bilsteins.

dasicvtec
06-12-2008, 09:18 PM
I have D2's in my mirage and they are going strong. I have heard of leakages AND as a matter of fact my mate just bought and installed a set of D2's for his FD civic and got leakage on both front coilovers - very very weird and dodgy. These will be sent back for warranty.

I know of 1 other mirage which has had G4's for 1.5 yrs with no problems. I know of another mirage with g4's for around 3 months now and no problems.

overall, D2 isnt that bad because heaps of people have bought them in the past and ive even read on here people have them and dont have issues. if something does tleak/**** up out of warranty they are also very cheap to replace parts on them. I think justjap said each coilovers would be $200 to rebuild(the main bits that do stuff) as a new one.

Crapdaz
06-12-2008, 10:41 PM
All i am trying to say people would prefer more reliable parts rather than worrying about it having to be repaired.

but yeh if D2 is on your mind go for it, like the purple opposed to the green on teins hahaha