PDA

View Full Version : what can I do??

warwick108
14-04-2008, 08:06 PM
hey all.. im planning to book my 10k service for my fd..however..
when I purchased my car i realised the given floor mats where abit small.. and that fitting was abit weird.. up until recently i drove another civic and realised that mine are different.. and that mine are honda but made for a different car.. =S.. now how can I get the real civic ones without them coming up with some random excuse?

renegadeice
14-04-2008, 08:08 PM
ummm..... when you bought the car, and they agreed to give you the extra floor mats. was this written down in a written agreement?

warwick108
14-04-2008, 08:09 PM
I guess so.. because floor mats came with it.. but their excuse would be... floor mats are floor mats.. =S

destrukshn
14-04-2008, 08:09 PM
lol
instead of jumping to conclusions that it's for a different car, why not do some research on it first?
they're are 2 types of mats, the universal ones that you have.
and the fitted ones.
when they sold you the car, they probably said they'll throw in standard mats.
NOT fitted ones.
lol.

that will be they're excuse.
and no way getting around it
lol.

Shimian
14-04-2008, 08:10 PM
they should swap it as it is relatively new. As long as the mats arent damaged or dirty. Just let them know you realized it was different. I mean, what other mat could it be other than a jazz, euro, legend, ody, s2k. Im sure they will see the difference

edit: dont they give the fitted mats as standard? So they have 2 types?

Shimian
14-04-2008, 08:13 PM
I guess so.. because floor mats came with it.. but their excuse would be... floor mats are floor mats.. =S

well, then u could argue with a spoiler too. If it says comes with a spoiler, they could install a jazz spoiler on your civic. a spoiler is a spoiler :thumbsup:

warwick108
14-04-2008, 08:18 PM
the mats are really screwed up.. like the drivers mat.. actually blocks the pedals.. exspecially the accel pedal.. =S.. cause its way to long.. first time sitting in my back seat.. the mats are like.. 30 cm by 30cm.. =S.. no middle one either..

destrukshn
14-04-2008, 08:24 PM
they should swap it as it is relatively new. As long as the mats arent damaged or dirty. Just let them know you realized it was different. I mean, what other mat could it be other than a jazz, euro, legend, ody, s2k. Im sure they will see the difference

edit: dont they give the fitted mats as standard? So they have 2 types?
yes they're are 2 types, if you don't actually specify which ones you want, they will give you the standard ones.
and the standard ones are not fitted ones.
standard = universal
fitted = made to cars specifications.

Shimian
14-04-2008, 08:55 PM
fark. thats really retarded IMO. Oh well, poor warwick if thats the case.

warwick108
14-04-2008, 08:55 PM
I'll give them a call tomorrow.. I'll tell them I wont get another car off them.. wont recommend them.. wont even get my service done by them.. =)

destrukshn
14-04-2008, 09:01 PM
I'll give them a call tomorrow.. I'll tell them I wont get another car off them.. wont recommend them.. wont even get my service done by them.. =)
like a baby, whinge and whine to get what you want?
your the consumer, you should tell them what you wanted in the first place.
lol.
if you get it, good on ya, your still a whinger.

warwick108
14-04-2008, 09:04 PM
if whining can save me a couple of hundred.. then ill whine until the end of time.. =)).. imma student btw.. every cents count.. =)

Alpine
14-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Will be interesting to see what they say. Let us know the outcome! But destrukshn is right - you got the cheaper mats!

ej20i
15-04-2008, 10:01 AM
yeh...we bought 3 civics and 2 from rick d and one from larke h and the 1 form rick d comes with "honda" mats and the other two comes with "civic" mats...
thinking of complaining soon

happy
15-04-2008, 07:57 PM
yeh...we bought 3 civics and 2 from rick d and one from larke h and the 1 form rick d comes with "honda" mats and the other two comes with "civic" mats...
thinking of complaining soon
Don't think the one with "honda" is OEM for FD.
only with "civic" is for FD.
Warwick108 might get previous civic mats
it's still fit tho

destrukshn
15-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Don't think the one with "honda" is OEM for FD.
only with "civic" is for FD.
Warwick108 might get previous civic mats
it's still fit tho
lol
lol
he didn't get previous civic mats, he got the standard universal mats.

renegadeice
15-04-2008, 09:29 PM
well i personally wouldn't go straight to threatening not to do business with them right away. try asking nicely and reason with them. it might have just been an honest mistake on their part.

bring up the point that the current mats interfere with your pedals.

no one can really blame you for not noticing. I still remember how i felt when I got my brand spankin' new :love: FD :love:

triode12
15-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Getting my new Sport this Friday, what should I look out for wrt to the mats?
What do the correct ones look like??

dmx
16-04-2008, 05:27 AM
i think hard for you to complain to ur dealer. it's too late.
u already used ur mats and it's has been awhile. anyway, it's free to try:thumbsup:

Getting my new Sport this Friday, what should I look out for wrt to the mats?
What do the correct ones look like??
Fitted Mat for FD should have civic word on the mat
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/ozhonda/market/civic_floormats.jpg
hint. see the driver mat, should have shape similiar like these
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/ozhonda/market/DSCF2246copy.jpg

ricksta
24-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I know this is an old thread but where can you get the mugen mats and how much are they?