PDA

View Full Version : problem with blowing lights!

dwn_boi
15-04-2008, 10:31 AM
since i've had my lil lude i've gone through about 8 brake lights and about 4 sets of headlights in a year!! i was left on saturday nigth driving half the time with high beans on and the other half with jst my parkers :O

but anyway the other day i was lookin in my engine bay to see if i could find anything and i noticed one of the earth cables has come off. could this be the problem to my lights always blowing prematurly lol?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g206/lil_nikki23q/DSC00725.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g206/lil_nikki23q/DSC00724.jpg

you can see where i've tied it in a knot to stop it from touching things it shouldnt be touching.

should i take off that bolt thing and try re attatch it or should i just cut it so it doesnt touch anything?

blahZ
15-04-2008, 10:37 AM
cable tie??

dwn_boi
15-04-2008, 10:39 AM
hmm i could table cie it, should i jst connect it with the others? i might cut the end wire part off and then cable tie it to the rest of the earth wirees

bennjamin
15-04-2008, 10:43 AM
fix the earth and connect it to any part of the chassis. You need it to be grounded to complete the circuit.

dwn_boi
15-04-2008, 10:48 AM
thanks benji, so if i connect it to that bolt thing on the engine block will that complete the circuit? or should i jst stick it on the chassis?

bennjamin
15-04-2008, 10:50 AM
better to the chassis - such as any near by bolts / nuts just loosen them , attach the ground wire via wrapping around or properly with a O ring etc and tighten.

Mind you , this may not fix your issue. There might be something else getting in the way...have you modified your lights in any way recently ? You might have a loose wire somewhere else along the line. Or you keep replacing bulbs with uncovered hands....grease + fresh lightbulbs = dead light bulbs. Use gloves or similar when installing new bulbs guys n girls :)

dwn_boi
15-04-2008, 10:54 AM
ok cool, thanks for that :D

Limbo
16-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Also make sure you don't touch the globes (glass bit) as the oil from your fingers can cause premature overheating and kill globes

dwn_boi
16-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Honda put the ground on the engine for a reason. For all you know the other end could be already grounded to the chassis so you would just be making a giant loop if you move it to the chassis.

Put it back on the same spot as it came with the car stock. Honda knows where that particular wire needs to be grounded and they had it grounded to the engine not the chassis. They could have done it the first place if it was needed to be grounded to the chassis and they chose to ground it to the engine. They built it and they know the best place to place to ground that wire.

lmfao your post made me laugh, its true what you said tho, and i'll put it back to where i think it came from (that bolt) i dont wanna mess with the almighty people at Honda :D

thanks for your post, i'll get some tools and fix it up today :)

and yaa limbo, i never touched the glass, lol i get a lecture everytime from the guy at repco haha i remember never to touch it :)

you could see all around the globe holder it was brown, looked like it over heated hard, definatly from a bad earth.

Ooo Ooo and another thing that made me think i gots a bad earth. (i still have a tape deck >_<" shame) and when there is no music plaaying and the tape is running, you can heear a winey kind of noise, it gets higher in pitch the higher my revs go. will this stop wheen i fix that cable?