PDA

View Full Version : When did you FD2 feel "run in"?

MKI4EVA
16-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey boys/girls,

Just curious to see what ppls opinions out there are regarding when they felt their FD2 felt 'run in'.

I only noticed ours started to feel notibly strong - power wise - around the 30,000km+ mark.........it's got about 39,000km on it now days.

No dyno sheet to prove and I could be way off the mark but thought it was an interesting point.

Cheers,
Honda CRV Silver.

BC8
16-04-2008, 06:05 PM
dont have a FD2

but my FD1 feels more run in. its still @ its early stages but feels better power wise @ 5k's. a difference since it was new from the factory

MKI4EVA
16-04-2008, 06:13 PM
oops I meant FD1.

renegadeice
16-04-2008, 07:20 PM
hmmm my car felt more run in after the first servicing. maybe its just in my head but it felt more responsive and the car felt like it ran smoother after that first servicing.

rk 86 wa
17-04-2008, 12:27 AM
have yoyu been "running" in your car for 30k km?
holy crap lol i dont think i could hold back that long

probs about 1-5k km?

isnt it best if you run in the car how you are going to be driving it for the rest of its life?

ktvin09
17-04-2008, 12:44 AM
There's a noticeable different when I put 98 fuel in the car.

Would be interesing to see a dyno chart for FD1 though...

ahmondjai
17-04-2008, 02:11 AM
there were discussions about difference on different fuel being put in our FDs, most of them argued that any difference gained by higher octane fuel might only be psychological, would be good to see it under dyno with different fuel~

rk 86 wa
17-04-2008, 03:08 AM
i think purely psycological

i ran 91 for 3 days until the tank was drained from what they gave me stock and then ran 98 for about a yera

recntly due to petrol prices downgraded to 95 and no difference lol

markCivicVti
17-04-2008, 09:08 AM
I didn't run the engine in... let the engine warm up, then drove it like i stole it ..

I let the thing know exactly how it's gonna be driven the next few yrs.. I'm surprised my last car (a ford with a kia engine) survived - tho it is near the end of its useful life.

LOL

Remember Kids: Don't speed!

MKI4EVA
17-04-2008, 09:30 AM
I didn't run the engine in... let the engine warm up, then drove it like i stole it ..
I let the thing know exactly how it's gonna be driven the next few yrs.. I'm surprised my last car (a ford with a kia engine) survived - tho it is near the end of its useful life.

LOL
Remember Kids: Don't speed!

Same!........it's a leased car so it saw redline after 1,500km on the clock to get the brakes, clutch and fluids wear in.

Theres not a day I drive it without hitting the rev limiter.......anyone know a way of getting around the rev limiter?.......It feels theres more to give.

I'm dyno'ing it in May for fun.......will let you guys know. It's a 07' sports.