PDA

View Full Version : Compression lock

Bogstock
16-04-2008, 05:51 PM
My Integra, DA9 (303,000 kms), recently suffered compression lock. All 4 cylinders filled up with fuel and so the pistons could not move. The mechanic drained the fuel out and replaced the plugs and all is working again. I do not want this problem to re-occur. Has any one experienced this problem before. Cam belt is OK.

dsp26
16-04-2008, 10:45 PM
don't think anyone has... same as hydrolock.. but "fuel" lock??

what caused it? passive injector leak?

bennjamin
16-04-2008, 10:47 PM
usually dead distributor causes this. You keep on trying to turn over/start car , fuel sprays in but no spark. Flooded cylinders ( not to this degree lol)
cant see how it would happen normally tho ?

teh_mechanic
16-04-2008, 10:50 PM
can see how it would happen after constant cranking.but that would be alllllllllot of cranking.
maybe an injector stuck open?but that would only affect one cylinder
but it couldnt happen while running....or your engine wouldnt be running.

meh.too crazy for me

Bogstock
16-04-2008, 11:44 PM
The scenairo was that I was driving along about 40-50 kph. Car suddenly kangaroo-hopped and came to a stop. I could immediately smell raw fuel from inside the car. I could wind the motor for a brief period before it just would not turn over. i.e compression locked

Just talking to the mechanic. Compression test and leak down test came up OK. He will complete a sniff test tomorrow. If that is OK then that will clear the head gasket. He will also test the fuel for water.

Possibilities

1. Water in fuel. That would cause the injectors to get stuck as there is no lubrication to lubricate them. They could get stuck fully open or fully closed.

2. Computer gone crazy. Computer instructs all four injectors to start pumping fuel into the cylinders relentlessly.

teh_mechanic
21-04-2008, 09:56 PM
2. Computer gone crazy. Computer instructs all four injectors to start pumping fuel into the cylinders relentlessly.

the terminator is operating your injectors.
Fu####king Schwarzenegger

wierd problem,never heard of that.hope everything turns out ok

Bogstock
22-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Car is back on the road however the mechanic was unable to determine the actual cause of the problem. Fuel filter was dirty and had some water in it. Maybe some of that water got through and locked the injectors open. Fuel filter has now been replaced. Looks like the problem may have to reoccur in order for a precise diagnosis to occur.